Is there an outlet for reporting cheating?

So, I’m definitely not one to attempt to report cheating for no reason. I’ve been on Xbox Live since January 2008 and have only ever tried to report one team of obvious hackers in Halo 3 Doubles. But the game we just played was completely unnatural. It was definitely not lagging because everyone’s movement, was smooth, and shots weren’t dropping, however every single fight with 1 of the players in the game and his AR, or BR, always ended… Wrong.

The game was in Legendary Slayer, so at first we just thought that we were imagining it when his AR seemed to melt us much faster than ours did his, and I consider myself a very practiced Weapon Tuning AR user. I know my bursts, I know how to optimize killtime and range. But it became apparent when he started BRing us. Every single time we fought him, we got 3 shot, not 4 shot. As well, in situations where one of us traded punches and both survived, or drained each other’s shields, his were regenerating approximately 2 full seconds sooner than ours. One specific scenario where we AR’d eachother’s shields down and they popped at the same time (despite me shooting first), and we both backed behind cover. And to surprise him before either of our shields were back, I leapt around the corner to try and finish him off by surprise. And I was surprised to see him glowing yellow with at least some of his shields back! Needless to say he melted me pretty fast, since my shields were still completely out. As well, every single player on the team reported the same situations. 3 shot BR kills, and VERY rapid AR kills.

I know it sounds like a really subtle thing, but maybe that’s by design. You’re less likely to notice slightly faster shield regen, or a slight damage boost than aimbotting, or instant-killing.

How was the connection?

sounds like lag if anything.

> I think I found a player cheating online in Halo 4. What should I do?
> The best thing you can do is report the user by selecting the user’s Gamertag on Xbox LIVE, selecting “View Gamer Profile, “File Complaint,” and then select the appropriate action.

Source: Halo 4 Matchmaking FAQ

Usually a Cheater would make himself more obvious…

i think it’s just a bad connection issue.

That’s a perfect example how Halo 4 playes when the host is on the other side of the planet (the game doesn’t seem to lag that much but you die from 3 burst and you need an extra burst to kill them). International players deal with that almost every single game on U.S. host.

> That’s a perfect example how Halo 4 playes when the host is on the other side of the planet (the game doesn’t seem to lag that much but you die from 3 burst and you need an extra burst to kill them). International players deal with that almost every single game on U.S. host.

I can approve that. Same things goes around here.

Maybe I 'm wrong but after the last weapon tune having host is like cheating sometimes. Legit cheating lol