Is there a way to download a film off Halo 3?

So I have a film on 360 Halo 3 that’s saved to the Xbox and my file share. Is there a way to download that film onto my pc so that I can upload it to YouTube for safekeeping? The film in particular is my team against bungie on bungie day ‘09 in which I won recon armor. I want to make sure that this file is not lost to time for myself. I know there used to be a way on bungie.net back before 343i got control of halo, but all halo has been removed from their site (for understandable reasons) and I found a way to access the file share on waypoint but it’s only the screenshots, no films. I know I probably should have done this years ago but what’s done is done(or what isn’t done isn’t done). I even tried downloading Halo 3 through backward compatibility to game dvr but the film keeps giving my an error message about 30 seconds in so that isn’t going to help me. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you have the H3 disc and an Xbox One or one of the newer consoles, you could try making a “film of a film” by going to your file share & watching the film via backward compatibility on the console and at the same time recording it with the game dvr’s “Start recording” feature.

You may then be able to upload the game DVR recording of the film to YouTube.

Not sure if it’ll work but it might be worth a try :slight_smile:

I did think of this method. When I try to watch the film (without dvr to test it) for some reason every time, about 30-40 seconds in, it says an unknown error occurred and the film ends. Tried to watch it about 8 times using backwards compatibility and every time this happens. So unless I can figure out what this unknown error is I will be unable to use the dvr method.

Getting my series X tomorrow. Don’t know if that will have any impact ton the error but may try again just to see if anything works.

Honestly, I think the best thing to do is watch the film while streaming then clip it that way. I’m getting ready to do the same thing once I get my Xbox 360 set back up. There are a ton of clips and screenshots I don’t want to lose.

Was thinking about doing something like that. However, the problem that I am having now is that every time I watch the film about 20-40 seconds into it it gives me an unknown error occurred and the film stops. So I have no way to even watch it right now

Seems like any film I download off my fileshare does that unknown error occurred thing less than a minute into the video and I can’t watch any of them

> 2533274810876625;6:
> Seems like any film I download off my fileshare does that unknown error occurred thing less than a minute into the video and I can’t watch any of them

stckrboy has previously mentioned that a faulty emulator is behind many of the back-compact issues, so that could be the reason for the error.