is there a REASON for jet pack?

seriously. can anyone even give me ONE reason aside from ‘i like it’, or ‘its fun’, etc. for jet pack in the serious playlists?

anyone?

i sure cant think of any, except for maybe ‘im playing sword base, a map that is pretty awful without jet pack’. but that only applies for one single halo reach map, one that probably shouldnt be in arena in the first place without some added tweaks to the core layout of the map that makes it not terrible to begin with (with OR without jet pack).

i really miss map control being something to work towards. i also miss halo feeling like a SERIOUS FPS game made for ADULTS and not CHILDREN. jet pack makes halo feel like a kids game, for me. not to mention its implications on breaking one of the most rudimentary core concepts / strategies in ‘map control’, in some form.

RIP MAP CONTROL
November 15, 2001 - September 14, 2010

at the VERY LEAST, keep jet pack out of the SERIOUS playlists in halo 4.

Map control <3

I agree. The irony is that sooo many people act like armor lock breaks the game, yet they’re totally fine with jet packs.

> I agree. The irony is that sooo many people act like armor lock breaks the game, yet they’re totally fine with jet packs.

i think its because most people dont play at the level where jet pack is abused.

most people just see the idiots who spawn with jet pack and fly straight up, only to be shot down instantly. they dont see the people flying tactically thru the map to spots outside of kill barriers, but still on the top of the map (looking down).

I think AA should just go away. You have sprint double melee/sworders, fake boba fetts with the jet pack, people who think armor lock=second chance, and active cam crouch campers. They just added nonsense to what should be a competitive fps.

Becuz teh vidya gaemz arr supur serius.

As a powerup I think it’s a great incentive to give you a vertical advantage (whereas in MLG Evade gives you a big horizontal movement advantage). But as a spawning item I think it’s the worst Armour Ability (not that any of them are good to spawn with).

If Jetpack end up in Halo 4 I’d like to see them as powerups that have to be controlled.

> I think AA should just go away. You have sprint double melee/sworders, fake boba fetts with the jet pack, people who think armor lock=second chance, and active cam crouch campers. They just added nonsense to what should be a competitive fps.

You gave a legitimate reason against AL and Camo … but only named an aesthetic reason against jet pack. Nice arguement … I can totally see how a players appearance takes away from gameplay.

> > I agree. The irony is that sooo many people act like armor lock breaks the game, yet they’re totally fine with jet packs.
>
> i think its because most people dont play at the level where jet pack is abused.
>
> most people just see the idiots who spawn with jet pack and fly straight up, only to be shot down instantly. they dont see the people flying tactically thru the map to spots outside of kill barriers, but still on the top of the map (looking down).

You forget that the ridiculous ‘kill barriers’ weren’t a part of the original game build. They were put in to appease all the whiners.
Jet packs were put in for one reason. As a counter to ‘map control’.Have you never found yourself outnumbered in a game? Where all the power weapons have been taken and they hold the high ground? It’s a spawn camping nightmare til the game is over. Jet pack was put in so that if used skillfully (i.e. NOT fly straight up to die) a player had a decent chance to get back into a game.
Introducing a kill barrier into every place anyone with THE ABILITY TO FLY would naturally go to, completely ruined it as an AA. It has been limited and restricted more than any other AA to date.
Now the jet pack takes an incredible amount of skill to be used effectively. It’s absolutely idiotic to put it in the same category as the ‘press button to save life -AL’, and the ‘camp invisibly with a one shot weapon-Camo’.

Yep I knew it. Jet Pack was destined to be next.

> > I think AA should just go away. You have sprint double melee/sworders, fake boba fetts with the jet pack, people who think armor lock=second chance, and active cam crouch campers. They just added nonsense to what should be a competitive fps.
>
> You gave a legitimate reason against AL and Camo … but only named an aesthetic reason against jet pack. Nice arguement … I can totally see how a players appearance takes away from gameplay.

I call the jet packers, “fake boba fetts” because they’re always flying straight up while dropping all grenades or trying to fly away the min you start shooting them. (fail) It has nothing to do with looks.

> > > I agree. The irony is that sooo many people act like armor lock breaks the game, yet they’re totally fine with jet packs.
> >
> > i think its because most people dont play at the level where jet pack is abused.
> >
> > most people just see the idiots who spawn with jet pack and fly straight up, only to be shot down instantly. they dont see the people flying tactically thru the map to spots outside of kill barriers, but still on the top of the map (looking down).
>
> You forget that the ridiculous ‘kill barriers’ weren’t a part of the original game build. They were put in to appease all the whiners.
> Jet packs were put in for one reason. As a counter to ‘map control’.Have you never found yourself outnumbered in a game? Where all the power weapons have been taken and they hold the high ground? It’s a spawn camping nightmare til the game is over. Jet pack was put in so that if used skillfully (i.e. NOT fly straight up to die) a player had a decent chance to get back into a game.
> Introducing a kill barrier into every place anyone with THE ABILITY TO FLY would naturally go to, completely ruined it as an AA. It has been limited and restricted more than any other AA to date.
> Now the jet pack takes an incredible amount of skill to be used effectively. It’s absolutely idiotic to put it in the same category as the ‘press button to save life -AL’, and the ‘camp invisibly with a one shot weapon-Camo’.

I lol’d.

> Map control <3

I’ll take this as a “I want map control back”, therefore I agree.

There is no good reason. AA’s in general are just terrible and shouldn’t be in Halo 4.

> There is no good reason. AA’s in general are just terrible and shouldn’t be in Halo 4.

QFT

> seriously. can anyone even give me ONE reason aside from ‘i like it’, or ‘its fun’, etc. for jet pack in the serious playlists?
>
> anyone?
>
> i sure cant think of any, except for maybe ‘im playing sword base, a map that is pretty awful without jet pack’. but that only applies for one single halo reach map, one that probably shouldnt be in arena in the first place without some added tweaks to the core layout of the map that makes it not terrible to begin with (with OR without jet pack).
>
> i really miss map control being something to work towards. i also miss halo feeling like a SERIOUS FPS game made for ADULTS and not CHILDREN. jet pack makes halo feel like a kids game, for me. not to mention its implications on breaking one of the most rudimentary core concepts / strategies in ‘map control’, in some form.
>
> RIP MAP CONTROL
> November 15, 2001 - September 14, 2010
>
> at the VERY LEAST, keep jet pack out of the SERIOUS playlists in halo 4.

IQ tel me if you agree with this statement

Armor abilities are a breath of fresh air to Halo. They like griffball and living dead are a fun social mini game to play when classic halo gets stale. As like griffball and living dead AA slayer (with TU AL or even futher nerfed AL or none at all)should have been a single playlist from day one and should have never touched competitive ranked halo.

> Becuz teh vidya gaemz arr supur serius.

Its not its because its Serious, Some people like to be competitive.

Go back under your bridge casual troll.

> There is no good reason. AA’s in general are just terrible and shouldn’t be in Halo 4.

agreed.

I would have absolutely no objections to taking it out of Arena. I do hope Arena gets some attention soon.

> seriously. can anyone even give me ONE reason aside from ‘i like it’, or ‘its fun’, etc. for jet pack in the serious playlists?
>
> anyone?
>
> i sure cant think of any, except for maybe ‘im playing sword base, a map that is pretty awful without jet pack’. but that only applies for one single halo reach map, one that probably shouldnt be in arena in the first place without some added tweaks to the core layout of the map that makes it not terrible to begin with (with OR without jet pack).
>
> i really miss map control being something to work towards. i also miss halo feeling like a SERIOUS FPS game made for ADULTS and not CHILDREN. jet pack makes halo feel like a kids game, for me. not to mention its implications on breaking one of the most rudimentary core concepts / strategies in ‘map control’, in some form.
>
> RIP MAP CONTROL
> November 15, 2001 - September 14, 2010
>
> at the VERY LEAST, keep jet pack out of the SERIOUS playlists in halo 4.

A “serious” fps made for “adults?”
google “oxymoron”