Is there a prime age in competitive gaming?

In Halo 5’s pro circuit, most ages around the 20-23 yrs old. There are older gamers that go up to later 20’s but you’ll be more likely to see a pro gamer at 18 than one closing in on 30.

Part of this could because of the sad nature that gaming hasn’t been able to financially support the prior legends through their daily lives and eventually had to give it up. With the prize pool being 2 mil+ and only to get higher in years to come, maybe the current pros will stick around longer.

Feel free to debate on that topic alone but still my main question is…
Do you think there is a prime age in competitive gaming? If so, what ages do you think and why?

Thanks and frag on!

P.S. Cannot wait for regions today

it’s college kids 18-24, they just have the time. There aren’t many 30 year old people who are going to leave their career and take the chance on streaming.

> 2535407296651900;2:
> it’s college kids 18-24, they just have the time. There aren’t many 30 year old people who are going to leave their career and take the chance on streaming.

That’s the same reason I think too. I think with prize pools going up we may see some of the current gen of pro gamers stick around a lot longer than the previous pro gamers.

I was just curious too with how much quicker a younger kid can think than someone who is older. Some of that is subjective to who the actual person is but I think that in general it’s true that people don’t process as quick as we age. Not saying that’s the reason for the lack of older pro gamers as I think it mostly has to do with the financials but it’s just another thought or factor I guess…

yea man you have to be playing for hours a day to compete as a 29 year old with a mortgage and -Yoink- there is just no way! Unless your some sort of savant and don’t need to practice LOL

> 2533274824239226;5:
> yea man you have to be playing for hours a day to compete as a 29 year old with a mortgage and -Yoink- there is just no way! Unless your some sort of savant and don’t need to practice LOL

lol… true

People peak at 25.

There are some cognitive and agility (hand eye coordination) differences between people in their early 20’s and early 30’s but not enough of a difference to explain why most of the pro team members are sub 25. it’s just easier to get into and like someone else said more sustainable as a career with streaming revenue and sponsorship.

Just to give you an example, they’re a significant amount of players in their late 20’s playing football, soccer, tennis and other sports. While their body’s slow down the experience carrys them.

It’s usually just a bit older, and then much younger than whatever age you happen to be.