Is there a point to 'auto-center'?

what about in matchmaking?

It is one of those things new players can enable if they struggle to aim.

Don’t know if this is the same thing or not, but when I am either in multiplayer or firefight and I’m aiming at someone, or something, my aim will switch if an enemy closer comes into my field of view. This is incredibly irritating as it is usually just before I am about to take a shot when I suddenly follow something that was not my chosen target. Is there a way to turn this auto aim off?

> Don’t know if this is the same thing or not, but when I am either in multiplayer or firefight and I’m aiming at someone, or something, my aim will switch if an enemy closer comes into my field of view. This is incredibly irritating as it is usually just before I am about to take a shot when I suddenly follow something that was not my chosen target. Is there a way to turn this auto aim off?

Nope, auto-centering and what you’re describing are two different things. Auto-centering is when the reticle returns to looking straight ahead by itself after having looked up or down. It’s an aid for (new) players in case they get confused and don’t know if they’re looking up or down. Some people also use it if they’re playing on maps that are flat and not bumpy and opponents are on the same level as you.

What you’re describing is a feature of the game’s aim assist, called reticle magnetism. It’s purpose is to compensate for the decreased accuracy one has when aiming with a thumbstick compared to aiming with a mouse by making the reticle/view move towards an opponent if you move either of the thumbsticks. A negative side effect is that the game doesn’t know at whom you’re aiming if there is more than one target, and thus sometimes completely throws off your aim. And no, there is no way to turn that off, unfortunately.

Yeah it’s a 100% noob feature for when you’re still struggling with the looking and walking at the same time thing.

Not that a 100% noob would know how to turn it on.

> It is one of those things new players can enable if they struggle to aim.

Pretty much this.

I figure it might be handy for Hologram, just walk a tad bit and you’re facing the exact way your Hologram is, might fool somebody.

Other than that, I don’t see a use for it.