Is there a legendary ending?

Is there a legendary ending? I beat the no legendary with my friends but it was the same ending :(. is there one and how do I get it?

There isnt. Alot of ppl have been search for it since launch and have found nothing. I honestly think Bungie didnt put one in.

Yes, if you finish the game on legendary you get to play as noble 6 in an after-the-credits mission, and eventually watch him die. The difference is that there are more and higher ranking enemies in the opening scene of the after-the-credits mission.

imo there could still be one. No one knew about the pelican or phantom till bungie hinted its location. Plus a bungie employ said something about one 2 weeks before reaches launch.

> Yes, if you finish the game on legendary you get to play as noble 6 in an after-the-credits mission, and eventually watch him die. The difference is that there are more and higher ranking enemies in the opening scene of the after-the-credits mission.

There is no legendary ending. It annoys me how many people seem to think that the after-credits-mission “Lone Wolf” is a “legendary only” thing (nothing personal against you, DFang). You can reach this point on any difficulty. If I misread your post and you were saying that you can reach this point on any difficulty but there are more and higher ranking enemies on legendary, then this is also the same on every difficulty; The higher the difficulty, the more numerous and higher ranking the enemies are.

Apparently, there was a special legendary at one point, but it got scrapped. It wasn’t supposed to be that great anyway… apparently all it depicted was the same final scene with Noble Six’s helmet on the recovering planet Reach. The only difference was that an Eagle landed on the helmet after beating the game on Legendary.

It wouldn’t make sense to have an alternate ending for Reach anyway.

The Eagle landing on my battle damaged helmet would have been enough for me. Of all the endings, if just that, just a small sign of strength, hope and life… It would have made it all something more that I can’t explain other than by another story:

The Osprey are making comeback in my area. For decades it was thought they wouldn’t make it. It was thought the damage was too much. But life survives and beats the odds… the numbers. Not always but it does.

So for me, to see a bird of prey take a moment to reflect, it means that life will fight on.

The legendary ending should have shown the planet glassed enough to support no life. A dark, pittyful ending would be acceptable.

Technically it’s still a mystery. There’s still DLC, there’s alot of mystery left in the campaign. We don’t know what all the switches do, why the BoBs are there, what the datapads mean, where the rest of the BoBs are. There could be a Legendary ending and we just haven’t found it yet.

There could be a stupidly easy way to get it and we’re just over looking it by long hard therorys.

I have pressed all the switches that I am aware of. Are there more I should know about?

I’ve yet to punch all switches though.

> > Yes, if you finish the game on legendary you get to play as noble 6 in an after-the-credits mission, and eventually watch him die. The difference is that there are more and higher ranking enemies in the opening scene of the after-the-credits mission.
>
> There is no legendary ending. It annoys me how many people seem to think that the after-credits-mission “Lone Wolf” is a “legendary only” thing (nothing personal against you, DFang). You can reach this point on any difficulty. If I misread your post and you were saying that you can reach this point on any difficulty but there are more and higher ranking enemies on legendary, then this is also the same on every difficulty; The higher the difficulty, the more numerous and higher ranking the enemies are.
>
> Apparently, there was a special legendary at one point, but it got scrapped. It wasn’t supposed to be that great anyway… apparently all it depicted was the same final scene with Noble Six’s helmet on the recovering planet Reach. The only difference was that an Eagle landed on the helmet after beating the game on Legendary.

I was trying to make a wisecrack/whatever you call it. I never said that it was legendary only, I just said that you would see higher and more enemies sooner as opposed to later, which is different from all the other difficulties, and makes it legendary “special”.