is there a holiday for the Human, Covenant war

since it is nearly Remeberance/Veteran’s day (Depending on where you live) it got me thinking. This holiday was made to remember those who died in the Great war which at the time was the biggest war in history until world war 2 which also caused the Great War to be re named world war 1 but despite that we still have the holiday on the day WW1 ended. Well with that I was wondering, is there a holiday similar to this for the human covenant war? For me it seems to make sense since it was probably the biggest war humanity had faced up to that point or do they still do it on November 11th?

I would imagine so!

> 2535444543385489;2:
> I would imagine so!

Agree :wink:

That’s a neat idea. If there isn’t one in the Haloverse there should be.

March 3, maybe? The date of the Voi Memorial? (IIRC)

There should be. UNSC should have a memorial on those who died in the Covenant War.

I imagine if there was, it would be All-Species Welcome.

I guarantee you there is, it’d be surprising if there wasn’t one.

Humans have holidays for literally everything, they definitely have one for the end of the worst conflict in human history.

> 2535420887004861;5:
> There should be. UNSC should have a memorial on those who died in the Covenant War.

They do. Its a Pelican wing near the remains of Voi, overlooking the Portal to the Ark. We see it at the end of Halo 3.

I’m sure their is.

I would be very surpised if there wasn’t. I’m sure there is

I imagine there would be a very simple decreed holiday by the UEG for it that would be somber, but I think local planets would also observe local holiday memorials for their glassings. I think it has interesting short story potential to it.

Only two yearly events I can imagine so far is.

Well theres the anniversary of the end of the war. The short in the bonus section of First Strike called Petra confirms that. Other than than the paper holding a yearly story on it. We know little more.

There is Yanumas, a holiday celebrated on November 15th with the first one celebrated in 2557. Usually mentioned that in some galactic timezones, it is already Yanumas. It was featured in the Section III arg a lot. But I dont think its related to the end of the War.(it was a mistake by the puzzle solvers in the ARG that actually turned into a canon event) xD

Bar that two things I cant recall other Halo Specific holidays.

> Only two yearly events I can imagine so far is.
>
> Well theres the anniversary of the end of the war. The short in the bonus section of First Strike called Petra confirms that. Other than than the paper holding a yearly story on it. We know little more.
>
> There is Yanumas, a holiday celebrated on November 15th with the first one celebrated in 2557. Usually mentioned that in some galactic timezones, it is already Yanumas. It was featured in the Section III arg a lot. But I dont think its related to the end of the War.(it was a mistake by the puzzle solvers in the ARG that actually turned into a canon event) xD
>
> Bar that two things I cant recall other Halo Specific holidays.

Well said!

I assumed that this post was asking if, like in Christmas 1914 along much of the front line, the humans and covenant forces called a temporary truce.