Is the Title update Halo 4's last stand

Dont get me wrong here I like changes but I like fresh and innovative ideas like forge , Not one’s copied from other popular shooters. I’ve tried and tried to get into this game but whenever I come back It just gets worse . Gone are the days of competitive and challenging arena shooter gameplay , replaced by generic and boring class-based gameplay seen off many things like battlefield , cod and moh. Which make crap players feel good and awarded. Ordinance drops are for casual’s and people that suck , if you or your team cant get a power weapon on the map then you used to have to deal with it and learn from your mistakes. Now the game is completely changed by one good ordinance drop . One team could be winning and one person on the losing team gets a good ordinance and the game is completely changed. The lack of any real ranking system makes this game unrewarding to play, playing for armor that quite frankly looks dull and crap in my opinion isnt satisfying . In halo 3 you worked for the 50 now what ? You work for armor. Even Cod and fifa have competitive systems for players for god’s sake . One player could be level 50 , not play it much and be awesome but one other person could be 130 and suck -Yoink-, Dont give me none of that waypoint rank crap either i dont wanna have to back out to see someones skill rank , thats stupid . So what if the casual’s dont want a real skill rank , in halo 3 if you sucked the ranking system would motivate you to get better.

vehicle’s are ruined now , and take no skill to destroy due to spawning with plasma pistols and plasma grenades . How stupid?? vehicle’s are death traps now and a fraction of what they used to be in halo 3. Vehicles are dead now , The ordinance doesnt help either . Before you wouldnt drive a vehicle near a power weapon location now its unpredictable.

The DMR and Boltshot both ruin gameplay , using any other weapon puts you
at a disadvantage as they are both overpowered, a gun that has insane bullet magnetism and a secondary spawning weapon with better range then the shotgun wtf were you thinking 343??

10 playlists , dam i swear halo ce had more . Why take out classics and new fan favourites . Where is multi-team and action sack etc. Gone because 343 made a half -Yoinked!- game ; with no beta.

UNSC Aircraft , need i say more 3 or 4 years later after halo 3 you think the UNSC would have a couple new badass aircraft instead we have 0 , 0. Why did you take them out . I guess if the covenant vs the unsc battle was to take place the air would be a real battle zone.

Before i get slagged of i love halo , i always have . But this game is severely below par in the online area. The game no longer plays like halo it now plays like every other shooter , and the population drop proves that . go to www.halocharts.com if you dont believe me , yes new games come out and other people play them . But halo has never dropped population this quick , especially seeing as thought its the best-selling halo .

And PS yes I love changes , but not generic ones. Yes cod doesnt change much but the little changes are loved by the fans not a radical overhaul , would you expect cod fans to be happy with no classes as it is a current class based shooter hell no . Why should we be happy with game changed that ruin what was a once perfect formual.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Lol dude every time you post a topic it’s negative about H4. Now that that’s out of the way, I gotta agree with you. Yes, if H4 doesn’t “fix itself” by the time the TU, or the playlists don’t start to become more interesting; I know I’ll sure as hell sell the thing. If I don’t see the DMR challenging to use by the TU or the boltshot still one hitting people, I’m out.

Then don’t play.

Ever

If customs, vehicles and weapons aren’t fixed in the next TU, Halo will be over for me.

If it doesnt fix some glaring issues in balance, improve the games framerate in intense matches and improves the MM code so that I dont get stuck with Canadians and Australians ( EU player ) then I will simply play something else. The game has to many issues outstanding from bad release quality to keep me interested for long. There are plenty of other games that dont suffer from these kinds of problems, and actually have the content I paid for usable from day 1.

TL;DR

The game is fine, the title update is on the way but dont expect it to be the Messiah. If anything Ive learned to be greatful for whats been givin to us because title updates could change a game for worse. Just look at what happened to Halo reach.

> If it doesnt fix some glaring issues in balance, improve the games framerate in intense matches and improves the MM code so that I dont get stuck with Canadians and Australians ( EU player ) then I will simply play something else. The game has to many issues outstanding from bad release quality to keep me interested for long. There are plenty of other games that dont suffer from these kinds of problems, and actually have the content I paid for usable from day 1.

That’s pretty much how I felt about Halo 2.

>

This game deserves all the hate it is getting from me and others I COULD HAVE MADE A BETTER GAME MULTIPLAYER WISE

TU will simply be too little too late.

343 will not fix everything that needs to be fixed by the end of Feb, and the end of Feb is simply too long to wait for a game that should have been fully operational November 6th 2012.

People have been questioning the death of Halo since pre-TU Halo 3. Give it a rest already. Their are enough people out their to keep Halo “alive” for years to come. The final nail in the coffin will only come after 343/-Yoink!- decide to stop making Halo games.

> This game deserves all the hate it is getting from me and others <mark>I COULD HAVE MADE A BETTER GAME MULTIPLAYER WISE</mark>

Do it then. I want to see your AWESOME-PERFECT game. Now.

Jeez, stop whining.

> TU will simply be too little too late.
>
> 343 will not fix everything that needs to be fixed by the end of Feb, and the end of Feb is simply too long to wait for a game that should have been fully operational November 6th 2012.

In Halo 2, it took Bungie months to fix Ghosting, and Standbying, balance the weapons, make the BR usable, stabilize the servers.

They never did fix BXR (way back when, one guy claimed he returned his H3, because BXR wasn’t added as a feature…), or Superjumping (which lead to griefing, and one of the reasons why Halo 3 as mines and such to stop people, and why Reach added Return to Battlefield). Modding was such a issue, the only thing people could do was make forum posts calling out the modder, and hope the modders got banned.

Why do people who claim to have been around since Halo CE, forget these simple facts?

> Gone are the days of competitive and challenging arena shooter gameplay, replaced by generic and boring class-based gameplay seen off many things like battlefield, cod and moh.

How is it generic and boring if COD is the highest selling and most played fps game out right now. That’s why Bungie left Halo, because they know competitive gameplay is dying, that’s why their new game, Destiny, is designed to target casual players.

> > This game deserves all the hate it is getting from me and others <mark>I COULD HAVE MADE A BETTER GAME MULTIPLAYER WISE</mark>
>
> Do it then. I want to see your AWESOME-PERFECT game. Now.
>
> Jeez, stop whining.

I would do it if 343i hired me , you would have seen a much better balanced online

It’s pretty much guaranteed that not even half the things should be fixed will be fixed by the time it hits the one year mark.

I’ve never seen any Halo game get that much attention from its developers in terms of actually sitting down and devising a way to fix core game mechanic problems.

(I’m not including the original as they should be discounted for their first attempt at a game)

Halo 2 after what? 3-4 years? Still has a list of problems longer than the Constitution of the United States.

Halo 3, while has the least amount of bugs, glitches, and problems (thanks to the Beta) still held a few problems that were never fixed.

Halo Wars, yeah…not even sure where to begin with the Spartans tanks.

Halo 3: ODST, good lord the servers.

Halo: Reach, the fact that Halo: Reach had one of the largest multiplayer Beta’s I’ve seen, it matches it with the largest amount of multiplayer disappointment with bugs glitches and problems when the game launched and even after the title update. And now? Hmm…not much too much different in comparison to when it launched.

Halo Anniversary, good lord the servers.

Halo 4, A for effort with what they’ve done. However, with all the problems multiplayer presents, I can guarantee everyone here nothing over 50% of known problems will be addressed and fixed.

What we have here is your standard, make the game, attempt to fix the game on the fly, if they can’t they leave it alone. = Profit.

> > Gone are the days of competitive and challenging arena shooter gameplay, replaced by generic and boring class-based gameplay seen off many things like battlefield, cod and moh.
>
> How is it generic and boring if COD is the highest selling and most played fps game out right now. That’s why Bungie left Halo, because they know competitive gameplay is dying, that’s why their new game, Destiny, is designed to target casual players.

Its generic cause every major popular shooter game has classes , it was sad to see the last good arena shooter (halo 3) go and a new sequel blend in with the rest.

You know whats funny? Know the one game the developer listened to their fans and tried to make a perfect game for them is? Madden 13. They added a new engine, didnt strip away core features, added plenty of new features, and has the same classic gameplay its had for 20 years +. They had only a year to make it too! Pretty much the only game I play anymore, which I have over 80k gamerpoints, so im not a casual player to say the least.

> You know whats funny? Know the one game the developer listened to their fans and tried to make a perfect game for them is? Madden 13. They added a new engine, didnt strip away core features, added plenty of new features, and has the same classic gameplay its had for 20 years +. They had only a year to make it too! Pretty much the only game I play anymore, which I have over 80k gamerpoints, so im not a casual player to say the least.

Are you serious!? Madden 13 is far away from perfect. The best Maddens came out when the game was competing with NFL 2k series, until EA bought the NFL license because they were losing to their competition. After that, the developers would just take out features, then re-add them into the later games along with a roster update. They didn’t start making changes until the sales started dropping, the Infinity Engine and the other features they mention were just gimmicks, they have little to no affect on the game. Check out this guys channel on youtube, were he breaks down all the flaws and problems in this game : http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanMoody21

I feel that a TU will do little to help the game competitively, unless it is a rather large overhaul. I’m not holding my breath, personally.

Whats with this “last stand” nonsense? This game hasnt even been out for half a year and its getting a title update earlier than any other Halo. Have some -Yoinking!- patience before you start declaring doomsday.