Is the story confusing to you?

Just curious. The only EU stuff I know is the Hunt the Truth podcast and I don’t find the story bad or confusing at all.

No, but it is really weird. I do think it kinda fell into the same trap as Halo 4 with having expanded universe stuff not being explained right. Honestly, it feels rushed if that makes sense.

It’s not that it’s confusing. It’s not hard to understand or too complex. It just went a little too far into craziness.

The things in the Halo EU that impact the game can be looked up easily and actually discussions on this forum can provide EU details too.

my only gripe with the story is that it feels rushed, for lack of a better word.
not sure how to actually explain it accurately, but it seems like it moves waaaaaay to fast in the 2nd half of it, and i can’t help but feel like there was a level i missed somewhere in there.
i did enjoy the mission where you just walk around as locke though, not sure why but i just enjoyed walking around seeing what kind of random crap the people on that glassed planet had to say, and wondering around listening to the elites talk about w /e. not sure why… just liked it.

but yeah seems like someone accidentally hit the fast forwards button at some point.

> 2533274808534110;5:
> my only gripe with the story is that it feels rushed, for lack of a better word.
> not sure how to actually explain it accurately, but it seems like it moves waaaaaay to fast in the 2nd half of it, and i can’t help but feel like there was a level i missed somewhere in there.
> i did enjoy the mission where you just walk around as locke though, not sure why but i just enjoyed walking around seeing what kind of random crap the people on that glassed planet had to say, and wondering around listening to the elites talk about w /e. not sure why… just liked it.
>
> but yeah seems like someone accidentally hit the fast forwards button at some point.

I don’t know if it matters, but the lead writer for Halo 5 was primarily a comic book writer and his Halo: Initiation and Halo: Escalation runs were notoriously bad for being rushed messes that never had time to develop.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> No, but it is really weird. I do think it kinda fell into the same trap as Halo 4 with having expanded universe stuff not being explained right. Honestly, it feels rushed if that makes sense.

rushed and too condensed, the game should not take 4 and half hours to complete on normal for 15 missions. cut scenes should not consist of 1 minute benny hill moments. the levels should FLOW together, not shoehorned in. Campaign was a mess plain and simple. the idea was good and was gorgeous when there wasnt texture popins and unfinished textures. friend got wedged in a spot in mission 1, assination caused a door to glitch in mission 9 or 10 and had to revert saves. But hey had a blast with my friends laughing at the mess and breaking the game.

I didn’t find it confusing…just very rushed and conveluded. Nothing really flowed together. The cut scenes were way to short and some didn’t make any sense. For example the cut scene with Roland, Lasky, Palmer and Halsey. Everybody seems to know Cortana has gone crazy except for Roland and us. It’s never explained how they know. Then there’s Roland’s comments. Those don’t make sense. Even with knowledge of the EU, it still doesn’t make sense. It’s also never explained why Roland doesn’t side with all the other AIs. It’s all a mess

I don’t understand why we have to buy books and audio things to understand what’s been going on. I think its fine if they bring out books, but it shouldn’t link to the story.

No the story wasn’t confusing, and I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, so most of you should have no problem.

No, I just didn’t like it.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> No, but it is really weird. I do think it kinda fell into the same trap as Halo 4 with having expanded universe stuff not being explained right. Honestly, it feels rushed if that makes sense.

I get where you’re coming from. Some of the moments just seem like they assume you’ve read/listened to everything and they glaze over what they could touch upon. For most of us familiar with the Universe forum, it’s not a big deal. But did they even explain what the Domain is?

> 2591580321307319;12:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > No, but it is really weird. I do think it kinda fell into the same trap as Halo 4 with having expanded universe stuff not being explained right. Honestly, it feels rushed if that makes sense.
>
>
> I get where you’re coming from. Some of the moments just seem like they assume you’ve read/listened to everything and they glaze over what they could touch upon. For most of us familiar with the Universe forum, it’s not a big deal. But did they even explain what the Domain is?

They pretty much just say it is a galaxy-wide Forerunner information network. But it’s so much more than that and they dropped the ball explaining it.

Nope. Don’t see how people said it was rushed either. Everything made sense to me. And i’ve only read like 2 books. neither of which are from the reclaimer saga.

> 2535422112705145;14:
> Nope. Don’t see how people said it was rushed either. Everything made sense to me. And i’ve only read like 2 books. neither of which are from the reclaimer saga.

• Cortana’s survival glossed over
  • The Domain is not explained very well
  • The first mission has Jul and Halsey…but that is a problem since we last see them in Halo: Escalation at the Absolute Record. So we’re missing major background stuff.

Escalation comes out tomorrow, and I don’t even think they’ll wrap it up in this issue. It’s going to be pretty anti-climactic knowing what happens to them after this arc ends in the comic.

Only gotten to play a bit of the story due to work, but so far, it’s all seemed rather easy to follow.
And I’ve read just about every book out there as well as trolled the Universe forums and wiki’s to better understand how things work in the Halo universe.

> 2533274812652989;15:
> > 2535422112705145;14:
> > Nope. Don’t see how people said it was rushed either. Everything made sense to me. And i’ve only read like 2 books. neither of which are from the reclaimer saga.
>
>
>
> - Cortana’s survival glossed over
> - The Domain is not explained very well
> - The first mission has Jul and Halsey…but that is a problem since we last see them in Halo: Escalation at the Absolute Record. So we’re missing major background stuff.

~what else needed to be said? seemed short and to the point. I don’t feel like anything is lacking here.
~it really didn’t need to be explained. It wasn’t super relevant.
~what? halo 4 spops gives us enough backround on how halsey ended up with him. and what she was doing for him. what else could we possibly need to know?

> 2533274832706386;9:
> I don’t understand why we have to buy books and audio things to understand what’s been going on. I think its fine if they bring out books, but it shouldn’t link to the story.

Find it hard to understand complaints from people who picked up the latest game of a franchise that is over a decade old, and play Halo for the first time, saying they don’t get the whole story.
Really? Either experience the older games, which are all great, or read up on it. It’s not that complicated. How could the studio possibly give you all the past history with this game? Just watch Fall of Reach if you’re not interested in digging into the world, enough explanation to get you by. Tons of Halo lore online as well, and that’s free :wink:

> 2533274812652989;15:
> > 2535422112705145;14:
> > Nope. Don’t see how people said it was rushed either. Everything made sense to me. And i’ve only read like 2 books. neither of which are from the reclaimer saga.
>
>
>
> - Cortana’s survival glossed over
> - The Domain is not explained very well
> - The first mission has Jul and Halsey…but that is a problem since we last see them in Halo: Escalation at the Absolute Record. So we’re missing major background stuff.

Shoot, the Domain’s survival isn’t explained very well. It somehow survives being destroyed after Halo: Silentium.

It’s a symptom of writing that I fear 343i is going to fall into, the same thing that happened to BioWare, another developer I (used to) love: they’re making things up as they go along, and doing whatever is necessary to tell a story, even if it means reverting previous canon (that they themselves created - it’s one thing to cut Bungie-era canon, but to start ignoring, if ever so slowly and minutely, their own material doesn’t bode well at all.)