Is the SoF illegally producing Warthogs?

So we know that AMG Transport Dynamics produces and holds the rights to the M12 Warthog and The Hog, not the UNSC or UEG. In “Arms race” short film, it shows production lines of M12s on mars. One can only assume this is a AMG factory (Or a AMG sanctioned armory) (And why they are using production lines instead of 3D printing is beyond me)

However. When Isabel uploaded her logs of the current UNSC fleet into the SoFs computers, it included the 2554-2558 M12 and variants. This is striking because although justified by all means. Was the SoF illegally producing M12s without AMGs permission? I mean they couldn’t send emergency signals so that was no go. And if they were producing illegal hogs, that would seriously damage AMGs revenue if enough Hogs were produced and survived the Banished.

So I’m kind of curious if maybe AMG gets paid for everytime someone builds a Warthog in the UEG and AMG only makes the designs. I guess paying residuals for a millitary vehicle would be way more cost effective and cut costs on transport this way?

Or the SoF are completely breaking the law and is hoing to go down in history as the ones took part in the great M12 counterfeit of 2558.

Edit 1: Some people seem to think this post was deadpan serious, and therefor some serious responses. I am in no way saying that the SoF are actually wrong. But I’m curious if in a technical situation they are actually breaking the law. This would be an interesting topic to cover as to how Isabel goes about the process to aquire and produce new SoF vehicles.

lol and bravo that you thought of this.

Shh… it’s not illegal if no one finds out…

Disclaimer: This does not mean it’s okay to do stuff that is illegal. I am by no means trying to encourage this behavior.

I notice your name is Warthog chef, do you work for AMG, is that the reason you have paid attention to this little detail, mister chef???

> 2533275008945864;4:
> I notice your name is Warthog chef, do you work for AMG, is that the reason you have paid attention to this little detail, mister chef???

I’m just a lowly janitor for the AMG headquarters. But I have connections, and they have rumors of massive layoffs because of a newfound way to produce hogs. I need my money to support my family of 25 kids. Oh how the UEG safety net has disappeared after Innie B_____ds figured it could be used to get cash for bombs. Tsk Tsk Tsk

> 2533274865916590;5:
> > 2533275008945864;4:
> > I notice your name is Warthog chef, do you work for AMG, is that the reason you have paid attention to this little detail, mister chef???
>
> I’m just a lowly janitor for the AMG headquarters. But I have connections, and they have rumors of massive layoffs because of a newfound way to produce hogs. I need my money to support my family of 25 kids. Oh how the UEG safety net has disappeared after Innie B_____ds figured it could be used to get cash for bombs. Tsk Tsk Tsk

oh well, maybe you could get promoted to the ceo’s personal chef?

> 2533275008945864;6:
> > 2533274865916590;5:
> > > 2533275008945864;4:
> > > I notice your name is Warthog chef, do you work for AMG, is that the reason you have paid attention to this little detail, mister chef???
> >
> > I’m just a lowly janitor for the AMG headquarters. But I have connections, and they have rumors of massive layoffs because of a newfound way to produce hogs. I need my money to support my family of 25 kids. Oh how the UEG safety net has disappeared after Innie B_____ds figured it could be used to get cash for bombs. Tsk Tsk Tsk
>
> oh well, maybe you could get promoted to the ceo’s personal chef?

Maybe. I can cook a mean Moa steak. And I know 36 different ways a blindwolf could be prepared for atleast 3 dozen people. So maybe, I heard that they give you a credit chip with a nice sign on bonus if I choose to be the chef. But then again. The last chef was in New Phoenix for a family trip. So those are big shoes to fill

> 2533274865916590;7:
> > 2533275008945864;6:
> > > 2533274865916590;5:
> > > > 2533275008945864;4:
> > > > I notice your name is Warthog chef, do you work for AMG, is that the reason you have paid attention to this little detail, mister chef???
> > >
> > > I’m just a lowly janitor for the AMG headquarters. But I have connections, and they have rumors of massive layoffs because of a newfound way to produce hogs. I need my money to support my family of 25 kids. Oh how the UEG safety net has disappeared after Innie B_____ds figured it could be used to get cash for bombs. Tsk Tsk Tsk
> >
> > oh well, maybe you could get promoted to the ceo’s personal chef?
>
> Maybe. I can cook a mean Moa steak. And I know 36 different ways a blindwolf could be prepared for atleast 3 dozen people. So maybe, I heard that they give you a credit chip with a nice sign on bonus if I choose to be the chef. But then again. The last chef was in New Phoenix for a family trip. So those are big shoes to fill

oh… well just watch out for a robot with floaty offy bits if you do get the promotion, they my try and steal your job.

That’s it. ‘Isabel is evil- theory’ confirmed!

Well, they are more than free to send them a lawsuit summons to the Ark.

lol

> 2533274824409174;9:
> That’s it. ‘Isabel is evil- theory’ confirmed!

And the proof was right in front of us the whole time, it was just a bunch of distorted, hard to see through glass that was blocking us from the truth!

Considering Isabel made the UNSC Condor Gunship variant, which violates various UNSC safety regulations, (have you seen how many lasers are attached to that thing?) she definitely helped produced warthogs illegally. Clearly the UNSC needs to punish Captain Cutter for this, like not letting him get promoted. That will truly hurt him.

I’d like to see AMG transport dynamics file a lawsuit against literally the bulk of humanity’s military and scientific muscle.

How do you know that the UNSC doesn’t procure agreements with their contractors that say vehicles can be produced, modified or at the very least replaced by UNSC manufacturing facilities? It would be fairly inconvenient if a massive fleet had to stop by a world with a factory on it if their marines happened to lose a few Warthogs in the line of duty before they could continue ground operations.

Im pretty sure a Scorpion could convince AMG to not send an lawsuit to the arc.

Serious,Im pretty sure AMG doesnt care if an long lost ship produces a few warthogs.

> 2533274927592272;13:
> I’d like to see AMG transport dynamics file a lawsuit against literally the bulk of humanity’s military and scientific muscle.
>
> How do you know that the UNSC doesn’t procure agreements with their contractors that say vehicles can be produced, modified or at the very least replaced by UNSC manufacturing facilities? It would be fairly inconvenient if a massive fleet had to stop by a world with a factory on it if their marines happened to lose a few Warthogs in the line of duty before they could continue ground operations.

Did you not read the whole post? I was curious if a residual like system was payed so that the UNSC or UEG or any other party could produce warthogs, but they have to pay AMG for each M12 produced at the site. And I hope you didn’t take this post that seriously. It’s not like any harm comes from them producing the warthogs. It was just a fine detail I noticed about the Phoenix Logs and their descriptions of the SoFs garage systems and how they work.

Edit: I can’t grammars right

> 2535442569875751;12:
> Considering Isabel made the UNSC Condor Gunship variant, which violates various UNSC safety regulations, (have you seen how many lasers are attached to that thing?) she definitely helped produced warthogs illegally. Clearly the UNSC needs to punish Captain Cutter for this, like not letting him get promoted. That will truly hurt him.

Psssh. They haven’t encountered the rest of humanity yet. Just dismantle the suckers before they get back to civilization and let epistemology run it’s course

I was gonna say, this seemed like a pretty humorus post, but in terms of actual serious reply, technically they might be. However, Im fairly certain that they could make it up to AMG by offering them the Isabel-designed rapid production Hog variant that the SoF is using, and then have AMG suddenly make MAD BANK off the effective but much simpler and quicker to produce Hog variant. Or something along those lines

> 2535408730995228;14:
> Im pretty sure a Scorpion could convince AMG to not send an lawsuit to the arc.
>
> Serious,Im pretty sure AMG doesnt care if an long lost ship produces a few warthogs.

They might even be able to turn it into good PR.

> 2533274865916590;15:
> > 2533274927592272;13:
> >
>
> Did you not read the whole post? I was curious if a residual like system was payed so that the UNSC or UEG or any other party could produce warthogs, but they have to pay AMG for each M12 produced at the site. And I hope you didn’t take this post that seriously. It’s not like any harm comes from them producing the warthogs. It was just a fine detail I noticed about the Phoenix Logs and their descriptions of the SoFs garage systems and how they work.
>
> Edit: I can’t grammars right

I take all Halo seriously. It’s serious business, -Yoink!-.

By that logic, AMG is illegally copying a 500 year old, copyrighted design based off an odd video game that is Halo but isn’t at the same time while also ripping off a commercially available toy product based off that same design during that same time period. So in-universe, the SoF could be illegally creating vehicles based off an AMG copyrighted design that was illegally copied off century-old designs from another, smaller, insignificant company. Illegally.