Is The Sniper Rifle Worth My Time?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from purposely bypassing the word filter and making non-constructive posts. Note that these rules apply to both posts and poll options.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The Sniper Rifle… Is it a piece of s***, or the bucket full of s*** that long time Halo veteran’s will pour on Noobz head?

My opinion is that it is simply so hard to master a shot, as well as snapshot, with it compared to the Beam Rifle and Binary Rifle. Any thoughts?

The sniper is a very awesome weapon, but it takes quite some time to master it. Snapshots on the Beam rifle are really easy to pull off because of its high aim assist, and the Binary Rifle is one shot kill. The Sniper is the one that takes the most skill to use, and it’s definitely worth your time when you’ve finally mastered it.

Well, the Sniper Rifle has the potential of killing four Spartans per clip (or more, if you get two-for-one shots), so I’d say that it’s definitely something worth mastering!

Unfortunately, I’m terrible at using the Sniper Rifle…

i mastered the Sniper, where have you been?

1 bullet one kill.

It stinks when it comes up in Personal Ordnance on small maps. I can use it on big maps like Ragnarok, but when I’m playing Infinity Rumble on Skyline or Landfall?

It’s good if you can use it right. I’m not one of the people who can use it right. This is me when I try to snipe anything.

Honestly, I rarely ever use the sniper rifle.

In a game where it is vastly easier to aim a loadout weapon, I don’t see the point. The reward isn’t really worth the risk.

Snipers are satisfying and if you are lucky enough to be one of those people to have the potential of being truly skillful with one then they are so lethal as to be unfair. I wish I was one of those people, but instead I’m just a slightly above average sniper.

It is the hardest of the three to get good with.

But let’s just say that once you get very good with it… Your enemies are going to rage at you, which is a good thing.

Hard to master?
My style is CQC all the way and I’d say I’m average with the sniper, and that’s generous…but I’m maybe 100 kills from mastery…

The Sniper Rifle and Gravity Hammer are the only weapons I’ve mastered so far. And my most used weapon is the ASSAULT RIFLE (2500+ kills). Seriously though, the sniper rifle is much easier, it even has its own PLAYLIST

Yes OP it’s definitely worth it once you can get the hang of it.
It’s so far the only UNSC weapon I’ve got the commendation for, so IMO the amount of havoc you could reek is a great incentive.

I’ve always had an easier time sniping without the scope. Sure, I end up at mid range, and have to pick shots, but it’s fun. I mastered it using it normally within the first few weeks of the game being out, and have been playing snape shots ever since. I rarely touch the sniper on maps like Raggy anymore, and let actual snipers touch it, because I like the sniper as a psychological and suppressive weapon just as much as a kill tool

If you’ve ever played a Halo game before, you will find it pretty easy. Probably not that easy that it was in Reach, but miles better then it was in Halo 3. This Sniper is perfect in my option.

I love the Sniper Rifle in this game than in prev. titles. I feel that i have more control over it. However, it maybe difficult to master, but if you play a lot of BTB or T-Snipers, you’ll master it fast. Just gotta make sure you nab it first.

> I love the Sniper Rifle in this game than in prev. titles. I feel that i have more control over it. However, it maybe difficult to master, but if you play a lot of BTB or T-Snipers, you’ll master it fast. Just gotta make sure you nab it first.

Exactly!

I finished the Snipe and DMR masteries within the first two weeks of release.

I think what really helped is that I was really getting good with the snipe in Reach for the last two months prior to H4’s release. (that and the slightly higher magnetism)