Is the Shotgun really weak?

I have not had the new shotgun spawn in many games yet, but it feels insanely weak. Even at point blank range I have needed 3 shots to get a kill with it. The heatwave’s alternate fire mode seems to be a much better shotgun right now.

Also not a fan of the change to a drum fed weapon, as I have fond memories of continually reloading and firing in infection as the last man standing.

Anyone else having issues with it or is it just me?

what makes it work is the added range. it doesn’t 1shot, but now you can kill enemies who are outside of breathing distance. it’s basically CE’s shotgun.

From my experience it does just fine, though you can’t look at it as the traditional halo shotgun, this is more of a unload 2 or 3 shots in succession kind of gun rather then a 1 shot kill.

> 2533274832089275;1:
> I have not had the new shotgun spawn in many games yet, but it feels insanely weak. Even at point blank range I have needed 3 shots to get a kill with it. The heatwave’s alternate fire mode seems to be a much better shotgun right now.
>
> Also not a fan of the change to a drum fed weapon, as I have fond memories of continually reloading and firing in infection as the last man standing.
>
> Anyone else having issues with it or is it just me?

The shotgun is insanely weak and unsatisfying. Still unsure why they made this change, I think it’s part of the whole “catering to pro players” thing they’re doing.

I picked it up in the weapons test and blasted a bot at point blank, they didn’t go down. At that point I just quit the weapons test and almost rage quit the whole flight… how is this okay?

I think the shotgun is fine. I’ve been enjoying it a lot during the flight. It’s fast firing rate makes it satisfying to me and you can still get kills. Could it still do with an improvement to ensure a one-shot in point blank range? Perhaps, but you can still fire it twice faster than someone else can melee+headshot you (after melee exploit has been fixed)

If you unlearn techniques you’ve taught yourself with Halo shotguns in the past it’s okay. When I first used it, I held my fire until I was incredibly close to go in for the 1-shot + melee combo. However, I eventually realized that’s not how this one is designed to work. You need to start opening up with your shots sooner than you normally would with a Halo shotgun and from farther out. The punch has been toned down, but range and rate of fire are turned up to compensate.