Is the Primordial still testing Humanity?

In Mythos, we learned that the when the Primordial’s body was destroyed, he transferred himself into the Gravemind, taking over its neural network.
So, the Gravemind since then has been the Primordial!! He’s using the Flood as an act vengeance against their creation, for when the Forerunners rebelled against them. He doesn’t want species from the MW to rise up against them like the Forerunners. Now remember, the Precursors had chosen Humanity to inherit the Mantle and guide the Milky Way. However, they would first test their chosen species if their were truly right to inherit the Mantle, if not, they were exterminated. Could it be that the Primordial is testing Humanity as well, in order to lead the galaxy? Maybe the Primordial wants vengeance against the other species, but wants Humanity to succeed. The ultimate would be destroying the Flood, and that’s what the Primordial is doing. And if they fail the test, they, like the other species will be assimilated into the Flood. Do you think this is also what the Primordial is doing, aside from gaining revenge on their creation, is testing Humanity to inherit the Mantle for the galaxy?

Precursors wanted to test humanity+Abaddon+Domain+Cortana+Created=… I am sure others can fill in the blank.

Or the Flood will emerge and humanity will have to unite the galaxy proving that they are worthy of obtaining the mantle.

I really do want to believe and hope this is true, from a lore perspective it would make some sense out of the Created. Cortana is still being influenced by the Gravemind whether she realizes it or not, and the Created ARE the Primordial’s test.

From a business perspective though it sure feels like 343 wants nothing to do with the Flood, or with anything that comes from the deep prehistory of the lore, in favor of starting totally fresh, so people don’t whine that the games and EU are too inner connected… we shall see.

> 2533274961806222;3:
> I really do want to believe and hope this is true, from a lore perspective it would make some sense out of the Created. Cortana is still being influenced by the Gravemind whether she realizes it or not, and the Created ARE the Primordial’s test.
>
> From a business perspective though it sure feels like 343 wants nothing to do with the Flood, or with anything that comes from the deep prehistory of the lore, in favor of starting totally fresh, so people don’t whine that the games and EU are too inner connected… we shall see.

Something I would also like is if Abaddon is a Precursor who made himself an AI, and that now he and the Primordial are in cahoots together.