Is the pistol the new br?

Been watching a lot of twitch streams, and the pistol seems to be the go to weapon for everyone. The pistol is a beast at close and long range from what I have seen.

Not sure how I feel about his…

Dying for this game to drop, looks amazing.

I think the BR will always be used a lot even ifs it stops being good. Its too classic. It is a little strange that a side arm has gotten so good now thought.

the pistol is just the starting weapon in arena. the br is still better and nobody keeps a pistol if they are standing on a br from what I have seen

its awesome!

I can’t wait to unlock it test it for myself.

I saw the same in the early streams. Finally the pistol is worth something again :smiley: Maybe they´ll nerf it, if it´s to powerful after launch.

I really wouldn’t mind if it was, but I doubt it. Would remind me of the CE days, honestly.

Happy to see the pistol being used again.

> 2533274810042925;3:
> the pistol is just the starting weapon in arena. the br is still better and nobody keeps a pistol if they are standing on a br from what I have seen

I dunno, I see a lot of swapping from br to pistol

Well the old BR was the old Pistol. So if the new Pistol is the old BR, than the new Pistol is the old Pistol. And by that, yes, the M6 is the utility weapon for H5, as clearly stated in their latest video by the pro team.

> 2533274810042925;3:
> the pistol is just the starting weapon in arena. the br is still better and nobody keeps a pistol if they are standing on a br from what I have seen

What have you been watching that we haven’t?

Im going to play test with both of them just to see the difference.

> 2603643534597848;10:
> Well the old BR was the old Pistol. So if the new Pistol is the old BR, than the new Pistol is the old Pistol. And by that, yes, the M6 is the utility weapon for H5, as clearly stated in their latest video by the pro team.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274810042925;3:
> > the pistol is just the starting weapon in arena. the br is still better and nobody keeps a pistol if they are standing on a br from what I have seen
>
>
> What have you been watching that we haven’t?

pro streams on twitch

Was just curious what everyone thinks. Not hating on the pistol, just something that stood out to me.

No; the BR is the BR & the Magnum is the Magnum.

> 2533274807544947;14:
> No; the BR is the BR & the Magnum is the Magnum.

Exactly. The BR never had the range or power of the pistol. Granted it wasn’t intentionally coded that way but it proved one of Bungie’s best mistakes. I think that’s why the skill ceiling for halo 1 was higher than 2. Either way, no not the same

The pistol in the beta was a beast.

Yes please. Bring back the era of the magnum. Us Halo CE enthusiasts will rule with an iron grip on our magnums. There will be no stopping us.

I really want it to be.

from the videos of interviews I’ve watched they wanted to make the pistol a utility weapon. they buffed the AR so it’s not useless at close and mid range and they buffed the pistol so that you would have a fighting chance against someone with a BR or DMR until you could get a better weapon. a lot of the videos out do have a lot of pistol use in them because BRs aren’t everywhere anymore and the pistol is a contender again but takes more skill to use- that’s the trade off, but almost everyone will drop it for a rifle every time.

The pistol is awesome but I don’t think its going to become the new go to weapon like it was in halo CE. It can’t compete at longer ranges and even up close its on even ground with the AR and SMG.