Is The Pistol OP?

I played halo infinite and experienced some frustrating matches. It seemed everyone was using the pistol and melting me. I think the pistol is far too accurate in comparison to past games. I feel like the pistol should be a pick up and not a starting weapon.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like you went up against some mouse and keyboard players.

I’ve had a few matches like that and they are miserable. If you match with controller players, its not too bad. It takes 7 shots to kill and landing all 7 on a controller is quite difficult.

Just keep playing and i think you’ll find its not that bad.

Also keep in mind that this flight probably doesn’t have any SBMM enabled so sometimes you will go up against complete sweats :confused:

I thought it was a lot worse than h5 equivalent. BR and commando are easily better than it currently to me. It can be spammed though, I think it has the fast kill time.

> 2533274854019279;1:
> I played halo infinite and experienced some frustrating matches. It seemed everyone was using the pistol and melting me. I think the pistol is far too accurate in comparison to past games. I feel like the pistol should be a pick up and not a starting weapon.
>
> What do you guys think?

I disagree. The pistol seems to be working incredibly well. It’s not too effective at long ranges and at close range it’s better to use the AR. Spamming the trigger makes the reticle expand, making it difficult to land that final headshot at times in combat and also stops you from cross mapping.

I feel that it’s the perfect hybrid between the Halo 4 and Halo 5 pistol. It’s simply a good and reliable weapon, however it’s not something I would pick up over the BR or Commando. It most certainly should be in your starting loadout as any other UNSC precision weapon would make PvP interactions too long range and likely make the AR feel less viable.

It’s not OP. It’s just very deadly in the hands of a skilled player. Lower skilled players and even average players will have difficulty using it because it is a low damage high rate of fire weapon. I think it’s balanced quite well to be honest.

The AR is closer to being OP than the Sidekick simply because the AR is so easy to use while being quite powerful at both close to medium range. If anything needs a nerf it is the AR in my opinion.

> 2533274854019279;1:
> I played halo infinite and experienced some frustrating matches. It seemed everyone was using the pistol and melting me. I think the pistol is far too accurate in comparison to past games. I feel like the pistol should be a pick up and not a starting weapon.
>
> What do you guys think?

Pistol is an absolute joke with a controller, and if you think is too accurate compared to other games I think you never played Halo 5 where Magnum was the meta, you either used the Magnum or Power Weapons and it also was a starting weapon.

This sidepistol is weaker and is way more difficult to aim than Halo’s 5 Magnum but is faster, has faster drawing time and faster reload.

It might be OP in the hands of a good Mouse and Keyboard player but for controller’s players it is not good at all.

For M&K players it seems a bit OP.
For controller it’s doesn’t feel useful enough due to the lack of aim assist and not being able to shoot as rapidly.

My suggestion would be to lower the rate of fire to match what is physically possible on gamepad to make it fair (not to make it slow firing mind you). And fix the aim assist and it would be better.

MnK it’s alright because it’s much easier to not miss. Controller it’s pretty bad, low aim assist, 7 shots to kill in a 12 shot clip, loses to the AR in short and mid range and loses to the pick-ups at long range. It’s saving grace is no descope which in itself is a bit antithetical to Halo.

AR has good range, headshot capability, RRR when zoomed, can’t be descoped, kill time as fast as the BR etc. Sidekick is alright, easier when using mouse though.

Honestly, it feels appropriately named. I rarely choose it over another weapon, but I am unlikely to drop it either. Its the backup; the wingman; the sidekick. I swap to it when I’ve depleted the clip of my primary and need that final headshot.

Feels right to me.

i had a match against a team who were allll using pistols…and they absolutely smoked my team. i dont think it’s about hte number of shots, it’s about the time to kill. and i don’t think the pistol takes longer than the rifile, making the pistol a better choice. I started using it and was able to get kills without having to melee. I def think there’s needs to be more differentiation of the weapons and how they kill. I felt like the some of the other weapons weren’t even worth using

In short distances and with very good aim, I have seen players kill very quickly. It is a very well balanced weapon that can perfectly take on commando and AR at short and medium ranges.