Is the needler a secondary weapon?

soo is the needler a secondary weapon?

No, an ordinance drop.

I believe it is a power weapon that comes from ordinance drops on some maps.

a POWER weapon? what the hell? how is it a pwer weapon? just like the SAW… the needler is availble as a loadout weapon in Reach

> a POWER weapon? what the hell? how is it a pwer weapon? just like the SAW… the needler is availble as a loadout weapon in Reach

Well it certainly got an upgrade in order to be an ordnance drop.

> a POWER weapon? what the hell? how is it a pwer weapon? just like the SAW… the needler is availble as a loadout weapon in Reach

It could be caused by its rate of fire, and improved accuracy over its Reach version.

I’m not sure on the needle count, but I think it may be using less needles to blow people up.

Don’t take the guns from Reach and apply it to Halo 4. Just about everything has been changed since then.

Well, the needler is a fully automatic heat seeking weapon. That by defenition is something to fear…
The Saw on the other hand got a massive mag and very high fire rate, which makes it quite good too. Both are ordnance weapons, simply because they’re so good/awesome.

There’s a difference between being a Power Weapon and an Ordnance Weapon. A power weapon is something like the Rocket Launcher or Spartan Laser, where all you need to do is point and shoot to get a kill without requiring that much skill. A power weapon will win in almost any situation, no matter what. They also have rather quick kill times.

An Ordnance Weapon, on the other hand, is a weapon like the Shotgun or Needler. These types of weapons are more powerful than your typical Loadout Weapon, but not as much as a Power Weapon. Unlike Power Weapons, these either require a bit more skill to use, or only work in specific situations. The Shotgun is deadly powerful, but you can only use it while being in somebody’s face. The Needler is great, but you still need to aim your shots to a certain extent, and it won’t win in every single situation like a Rocket Launcher would.

So yes, the Needler in Halo 4 is good, but not what I would call a power weapon by any means.

A Needle Pistol would be pretty sick.

In its current incarnation at least, it is an ordinance weapon. Meaning 343 most likely buffed up the Needler’s damage output. It may not be power weapon level, but it’s definitely a formidable weapon to have.

For some bizarre reason, it’s an ordnance weapon. It should be a primary, at least…

I don’t think you would want enemies spawning with the Halo 3 needler. For obvious reasons. Hint: Blamite.

so ordenance drops are only availble in Infinity slayer correct?

Yep, it’s an ordnance/power weapon. They might have increased the tracking and/or damage output.

> so ordenance drops are only availble in Infinity slayer correct?

That is correct. 343i said they buff the damage of the needler.

It takes about 6 needles to kill somebody but that might change sense they said they were gonns tone it down.