Is the Mantis a bit overpowered?

Defenses-wise, I feel like the Mantis is a bit OP. The thing can take a laser shot and be fine. It takes a ridiculous amount of small arms fire to destroy it, and it’s more threatening than a tank. I feel that it would be perfect if it lost a bit of it’s total HP. The thing beats any vehicle it comes across. It’s very laborious to take that thing out.

I don’t think it’s too OP. I thought my spartan laser shot could kill it? It might just because i suck using it but i don’t seem to be too amazing in it, i can get a killing spree a lot easier in a wraith or banshee than a Mantis.

I agree, i always have trouble taking it out on foot so it forces me to board it from behind which can be a PAIN too.
Its still a GREAT vehicle, but it just needs to be nerfed abit

Personally I think it’s only a powerful asset when other players hang around it and keep you from getting close. Aside from that, the plasma pistol renders it impotent.

Lots of Plasma Pistols and coordination is what is needed. A good Mantis pilot often hangs back and have their teammates, the bigger problem, to support it.

If you can get those guys away from him, a Mantis shouldn’t be a problem. Just do not walk in FRONT of the thing.

> I agree, i always have trouble taking it out on foot so it forces me to board it from behind which can be a PAIN too.
> Its still a GREAT vehicle, but it just needs to be nerfed abit

I love taking it out by assassinating t from behind. So satisfying.

Just run at it from direction and get a teammate to go at the other side - one of you may die but the other will get it

It’s not too bad but it takes WAY too much damage, if it had a bit less health then I’d be happy.

Without a counter vehicle the mantis is damn near imvincible…

Now that we have to earn ordnance to get heavy weapons, It is difficult to get the mantis in mid match…

A plasma pistol is all you need to down one, maybe a power weapon if you can’t be close. The only nerf I think it needs is adding the ability to board it from the front side.

The mantis is actually extremely flimsy. Just take out it’s shields before power weaponing it and its done. And I think 4 sniper bullets blow it to bits (no shields) It’s not a very good assault vehicle at all, it’s better at defending. So No I don’t feel the mantis is over powered. We shall see though once we start seeing operators riding about.