Is the Gravemind dead?

Sooo like you know guys, we “defeated” the Flood and with them, The Gravemind in Halo 3, after activate the Installation 04 .
But was that enought to kill the Gravemind?
Exist any possibility to see him back in Halo 5?

The Gravemind is essentially a consciousness that can’t be killed. Once a new Gravemind forms, it will come back.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> The Gravemind is essentially a consciousness that can’t be killed. Once a new Gravemind forms, it will come back.

But that consciousness has no material body right now ?

> 2533274885566464;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > The Gravemind is essentially a consciousness that can’t be killed. Once a new Gravemind forms, it will come back.
>
>
> But that consciousness has no material body right now ?

Well, if it does it is waiting in the shadows. But as of now, I’d say no. But there might be one. It’s in the air.

I love decepticon cobra, knowlegeable everything halo.

He is currently in the cloud waiting to download into Gravemind Thirty six thousand five hundred fifty three.

You can’t kill the Gravemind!! He is of Precursor origin and is truly omniscient.

> 2533274831388058;7:
> You can’t kill the Gravemind!! He is of Precursor origin and is truly omniscient.

So it has any relation with the Primordial?

> 2533274885566464;8:
> > 2533274831388058;7:
> > You can’t kill the Gravemind!! He is of Precursor origin and is truly omniscient.
>
>
> So it has any relation with the Primordial?

The Primordial was the first gravemind essentially.

Once enough biomass is gathered… it can, and will, come back.

> 2533275025033012;6:
> He is currently in the cloud waiting to download into Gravemind Thirty six thousand five hundred fifty three.

There are many graveminds across the universe. Not just the one from the original Halo trilogy.

I was under the impression that there’s a massive fleet, complete with Gravemind, outside the galaxy’s rim, waiting to sweep in when the time is right. But now that I think about it, that would be a very difficult fleet to keep alive for 100,000 years, especially since it’s likely composed of 80% living organic matter…

“Defeat is merely the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, yet you imposed.”

He was destroyed in Halo 3 i believe

> 2533274932540799;13:
> I was under the impression that there’s a massive fleet, complete with Gravemind, outside the galaxy’s rim, waiting to sweep in when the time is right. But now that I think about it, that would be a very difficult fleet to keep alive for 100,000 years, especially since it’s likely composed of 80% living organic matter…

Interesting theory…

> 2533274885566464;1:
> Sooo like you know guys, we “defeated” the Flood and with them, The Gravemind in Halo 3, after activate the Installation 04 .
> But was that enought to kill the Gravemind?
> Exist any possibility to see him back in Halo 5?

There’s more than 1 grave-mind…I recall the Flood being claimed to be defeated before, yet they always seem to come back, the first in-game grave-mind was attempting to form when it absorbed Captain Keyes in Halo 1 so I doubt we’ll see the end of the flood, which is why the Librarian kept a copy of the flood dna in case the outbreak ever occurred again because she know she may never fully be able to stop them.

So it’s impossible to defeat that consciousness?
Didn’t the Forerunners exterminate the Precursors?

> 2533274885566464;18:
> So it’s impossible to defeat that consciousness?
> Didn’t the Forerunners exterminate the Precursors?

No, the Precursors let the Forerunners beat them. They are presumably much stronger than we think, mainly due to them apparently giving false hope to their creations; abominably offering the belief of a compromise by holding back their true power - whenever their cumulative might comes to a halt (if it even does), is unknown

It’s my understanding that the Gravemind is a conscious manifestation of the Flood. Wherever the flood gains sufficient biomass, a Gravemind will form. Which, (correct me if I’m wrong) means that multiple Graveminds could potentially co-exist. Presumably, all sharing the same consciousness like all other Flood forms.