Is the EU content needed for Halo 5's storyline

Specifically, I am very invested in halo’s main story line, so which of these (if any) will be the most important for understanding and getting the full experience out of Halo 5’s main campaign, It seems very much to me that they are relying on some EU and Niche content, and I would love to be caught up in time for release.

Thanks in advance!

There should be an option for ‘All of the Above, the Forerunner Saga and the Fall of Reach’.

Books; Halo: new blood, Halo: Hunters in the dark, Halo Last light (maybe).
Halo Escalation comic series.

Basically every aspect of the Halo lore. Each one has its own piece of the story, and without them, there are gaps that we continuously would have to question.

Totally read that as European Union content…

> 2533274836465274;2:
> There should be an option for ‘All of the Above, the Forerunner Saga and the Fall of Reach’.

well -Yoink-, better get working on that then.

> 2533274844984484;3:
> Books; Halo: new blood, Halo: Hunters in the dark, Halo Last light (maybe).
> Halo Escalation comic series.

Okay, I’ll look into those, I liked the cole protocol, so I’m sure the other halo books are just as good. Thanks!

> 2533274859413227;4:
> Basically every aspect of the Halo lore. Each one has its own piece of the story, and without them, there are gaps that we continuously would have to question.

I was just looking for the basic stuff, I read the wiki every now and then, but up to this point stuff mostly made sense at face value, halo 5 seems to require knowing about a few specific plot points only addressed in the EU however, so I was looking for those. Thank you for your feedback though, you make a good point!

> 2533274811158328;5:
> Totally read that as European Union content…

LOL jesus i just saw the connection too… Wow…Damn Social Studies class is getting in my fiction studies class

> 2533274875502201;9:
> > 2533274811158328;5:
> > Totally read that as European Union content…
>
>
> LOL jesus i just saw the connection too… Wow…Damn Social Studies class is getting in my fiction studies class

What is EU content? I thought the same thing being from the EU.

> 2533274822519620;10:
> > 2533274875502201;9:
> > > 2533274811158328;5:
> > > Totally read that as European Union content…
> >
> >
> > LOL jesus i just saw the connection too… Wow…Damn Social Studies class is getting in my fiction studies class
>
>
> What is EU content? I thought the same thing being from the EU.

It stands for Extended Universe I guess.

I wouldn’t say any of it is required. But it will bring a deeper level of immersion and understanding of different settings and character backgrounds that the game itself might not have time to flush out.

One of the developers said that EU knowledge wouldn’t be necessary to understand and enjoy Halo 5’s story, but that the extra knowledge about people/places/events would supplement the game.

Unfortunately, it’ll be hard to know if it’s absolutely necessary to read the EU content prior to playing the game. It’s pretty apparent that reading the forerunner saga almost obligatory in order to full understand the Halo 4 story, but if 343i does a good prologue along with the Fall of Reach animated show players could still be relatively up to speed. That being said, there will always at least be little things the readers will pick up on.