Is the DMR back or something?

I’ve seen a lot of DMR threads today. Did they confirm it or something? I hope not, I hate that gun…

Then I will happily inform you that you, Yes You!, can officially be even angrier about Halo 4. Congratulations!

It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.

> It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.

Sauce?

> Then I will happily inform you that you, Yes You!, can officially be even angrier about Halo 4. Congratulations!

Lovely. Well, thanks anyway…

Got a link or can I hold on to the slightest hope that people are just going off the “single shots guns” reference?

> > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
>
> Sauce?

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

"Does the BR have spread? Is it hitscan? –xBrutaIity

The BR is a three-shot burst weapon. It is hitscan. In its current tuning, it has recoil (not bloom) which causes it to rise slightly (in a predictable and suppressible way). It is not a replacement for the DMR as has been discussed in the community. You will not see bloom as it currently exists in Vanilla Reach on any weapon, but there will be different methods for reticle targeting that vary depending on the weapon, and players will have a wide arsenal of weapons to choose from. More news about that later."

> > > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
> >
> > Sauce?
>
> One of the Halo bulletins listed in that Halo 4 info thread.

I searched DMR on all three articles and only one mentioned it. It was talked about Reach though.

> > > > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
> > >
> > > Sauce?
> >
> > One of the Halo bulletins listed in that Halo 4 info thread.
>
> I searched DMR on all three articles and only one mentioned it. It was talked about Reach though.

Updated my post with the source and the question, if you can’t be bothered to scroll all the way through the bulletin.

> > > > > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
> > > >
> > > > Sauce?
> > >
> > > One of the Halo bulletins listed in that Halo 4 info thread.
> >
> > I searched DMR on all three articles and only one mentioned it. It was talked about Reach though.
>
> Updated my post with the source and the question, if you can’t be bothered to scroll all the way through the bulletin.

Wasn’t listed in the thread you said it was.

That quote doesn’t confirm anything anyway. It just says the BR isn’t replacing the DMR. Why would the BR replace it? It’s just reprising it’s original role.

They said something along similar lines in an interview anyway saying there would still be single shot weapons. Single shot weapons include the Magnum, Needle Rifle, and Carbine. Even the Sniper is a single shot weapon if you want to get technical.

Also, just because it’s not replacing the DMR doesn’t mean something else isn’t.

> > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
>
> Sauce?

yeah i’ll have some hot sauce thanks, but lets focus on the dmr topic

> > > > > > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sauce?
> > > >
> > > > One of the Halo bulletins listed in that Halo 4 info thread.
> > >
> > > I searched DMR on all three articles and only one mentioned it. It was talked about Reach though.
> >
> > Updated my post with the source and the question, if you can’t be bothered to scroll all the way through the bulletin.
>
> Wasn’t listed in the thread you said it was.
>
> That quote doesn’t confirm anything anyway. It just says the BR isn’t replacing the DMR. Why would the BR replace it? It’s just reprising it’s original role.
>
> They said something along similar lines in an interview anyway saying there would still be single shot weapons. Single shot weapons include the Magnum, Needle Rifle, and Carbine. Even the Sniper is a single shot weapon if you want to get technical.
>
> Also, just because it’s not replacing the DMR doesn’t mean something else isn’t.

Consider that the Covenant don’t play the same significant role that they did in previous Halo games. I’d imagine that there would only be a handful of Covenant weapons in Halo 4 because of this, most likely things like the Plasma Pistol and Plasma Rifle since they have been in every Halo game so far.

Also consider that the DMR can be tweaked to fit in a range gap similar to how the SMG fits in between the Shotgun and Assault Rifle in Halo 3. Not to mention that there are quite a few fans of the DMR now, and it looks like 343i are trying to please just about every Halo fan there is out there without alienating anyone.

Finally, the DMR was technically a replacement for the BR in Reach, so if the BR isn’t replacing the DMR in Halo 4, that either means that A) I’m not comprehending what 343i are saying properly (which wouldn’t surprise me, it is the early hours of the morning where I live), 343i have removed the DMR and meant to say that the BR wouldn’t be as random or “bloomy” as the DMR, or B) Both weapons are in the game and the DMR has been tweaked to serve a role that we can’t imagine yet.

> > > > > > It’s back, but it’s going to coexist with the BR. Personally I think it’ll be interesting to see both weapons in the sandbox.
> > > > >
> > > > > Sauce?
> > > >
> > > > One of the Halo bulletins listed in that Halo 4 info thread.
> > >
> > > I searched DMR on all three articles and only one mentioned it. It was talked about Reach though.
> >
> > Updated my post with the source and the question, if you can’t be bothered to scroll all the way through the bulletin.
>
> Wasn’t listed in the thread you said it was.
>
> That quote doesn’t confirm anything anyway. It just says the BR isn’t replacing the DMR. Why would the BR replace it? It’s just reprising it’s original role.
>
> They said something along similar lines in an interview anyway saying there would still be single shot weapons. Single shot weapons include the Magnum, Needle Rifle, and Carbine. Even the Sniper is a single shot weapon if you want to get technical.
>
> Also, just because it’s not replacing the DMR doesn’t mean something else isn’t.

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/343Sparkast_011.mp3

You’re welcome.
They DID say that the DMR is coming back…and an admin confirmed it in another thread.

Yes it has been confirmed to be in Halo 4. You can listen to Frank say it himself in the latest Sparkast. It starts at the 26 min mark. Heres the link Halo 4 Sparkast

Hopefully it’ll function in the same way the carbine did in Halo 3, with only 2x zoom.

> Hopefully it’ll function in the same way the carbine did in Halo 3, with only 2x zoom.

Nope it will be long range.