Is the 'Classic Helmet REQ Pack' worth it?

Is it worth it? Most likely not. For other people with 150000+ REQ points, this is worth it for them unlike newbies or players in general, have to grind for like a week just to get a helmet. See, I wanted this pack so bad until I found it 150000. At first I thought it was 15000, so I thought it was worth. Until I saw the REAL price and gave up on it. Now, I’m buying gold packs, hoping to get a legendary helmet due to me having 4 helmets that I’ve earned for free which is Timmy, Mark IV, and the Nightfall helmet.

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME
BUY SILVERS AND GOLDS

Well, it’s worth it if you really want the helmets. I don’t think they’re available through buying Gold and Silver packs.

It’s worth what you think it’s worth. There is something to the point that the Classic Helmet Pack doesn’t award randomly, and gives you a guaranteed 9 helmets that range from Rare to Legendary. So if there is a particular helmet you want in the pack, you know you’ll get it. It’s also worth noting that those Classic helmets aren’t available from normal Silver or Gold packs; they can only be gotten from the Classic Helmet Pack. However, if you have a long way to go with your normal REQ collection, and you don’t like any of the particular Classic helmets, then you may well be better off sticking to Silver/Gold packs.

But that’s for each person to decide on their own.

It would be hard for 343 not to drop the packs into the regular reqs or at least drop the price a little in the future. As of now its not worth it unless u have all permanent reqs and 150000 rp just lying around.

You can get more Legendary helmets by buying Gold Packs.

Either way, the helmets are beast looking but I’m not going through that.

150K seems a little over the top even considering the other REQ pack prices. I can barely get 15K per day assuming I don’t get kicked out of matches.

I do think it should cost less RP. 150k is quite a lot especially if it’s only around for a limited time. It’s obvious 343 really wants you to get impatient with the grind and buy it with money. But in my opinion, this pack is very much worth it, if you’re the kind of person that enjoys wearing good-looking helmets. I’m happy they added these to Halo 5 and I’ve been getting a lot of use out of them.

> 2533274874181381;5:
> You can get more Legendary helmets by buying Gold Packs.

Yes but, in a few years the only possible way to get that pack would be to pay nine bucks, and who’d want to do that. Plus you have an indefinite (until people stop playing) amount of time to get the other REQs. I haven’t gotten everything but I almost have, I’m trying to save up for it but it will probably be gone by the time I reach enough points…

I started Tuesday with 690 req points, considering I had the next two days I off I decided to play a little halo and I really really really wanted those classic helmets…it was grinding time…I spent the whole of Tuesday playing firefight warzone making sure I was using my rp boosts and in that one day I reached roughly 110000 rp, so the next day it only took a few hours to reach 150000 playing firefight and also selling items that I never used, it was so worth it and you can get those points a lot sooner than you think :slight_smile:
p.s from continuous firefight I found that every 15 minutes I gained and average of 4500-5000 rp so bearing that in mind if u stick to it then they add up, I find this game mode to be the most rewarding for rp

what do you get if you buy the pack a 2nd time.

> 2535448178577576;11:
> what do you get if you buy the pack a 2nd time.

If you have everything unlocked, 9 Legendary boosts. If you don’t “subsequent purchases award four Rare or better rarity Visual Customization REQs, while available, and a set of Legendary XP boosts.

I got it because I was sitting on almost 500k points. I like the EVA helmet with a black visor, gives that Alien look.

However if I was still chipping away at the Req system grind there is no way I would dump 150K points on it. That’s a significant portion of the silver pack grind if you were to spend all of them at once.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> Well, it’s worth it if you really want the helmets. I don’t think they’re available through buying Gold and Silver packs.

This. Even if you haven’t finished unlocking everything, it’s the only way to get these awesome older helmet models. I bought mine the first time around months back, & have never regretted it. I even rock the Operator Gen 1 every now & again, it being my third favorite helmet behind Achilles & Wrath.

> 2533274807044937;13:
> I got it because I was sitting on almost 500k points. I like the EVA helmet with a black visor, gives that Alien look.
>
> However if I was still chipping away at the Req system grind there is no way I would dump 150K points on it. That’s a significant portion of the silver pack grind if you were to spend all of them at once.

I would agree with you there if I was still on that grind, but I don’t think these have been offered since the first time back in February. These are only available in this pack so if you like these helmets, and/or want to complete your Collection then I would say it is worth it. The grind isn’t as bad as one would think.

As someone who went nuclear on their REQs when this pack came out for the first time, I’d say the Helmet pack is SOOOOOO worth it! It may take a while, but I’m certain you’ll find a favorite combination with the helmets.

I absolutely love my Recon GEN1 + Mark VI Satrap combo.

> 2533274813317074;12:
> > 2535448178577576;11:
> > what do you get if you buy the pack a 2nd time.
>
> If you have everything unlocked, 9 Legendary boosts. If you don’t “subsequent purchases award four Rare or better rarity Visual Customization REQs, while available, and a set of Legendary XP boosts.

that’s in the description isn’t it? god, am I stupid or what?

Lol all good. I actually searched the forums first before I even thought to check the pack itself :stuck_out_tongue:

I smell 343 chicanery. Since they are offering for points, these will be added to the req pool sometime in the next 3 months. If you dig them that’s cool. Just not my thing anymore.

If you like the old school definitely