is the brute spiker the most useless weapon

never really got the point of this weapon

It’s an awesome astethic weapon. Even if it’s useless in gameplay, in trailers it’s a really brutal weapon.

I relly would prefer it to get shot by an plasmashot than a spiker - simple because the spiker would pentrate your arm and will stuck it to the wall

> 2533274851574900;1:
> never really got the point of this weapon

Essentially just seemed like a “projectile based brute sandbox” equivalent to the SMG. It’s an accurate exemplification of how adding dual-wieldable guns in Halo 3 doesn’t necessarily add anything to the sandbox.

If you thought it was useless in Halo 3, it was even more useless in Reach.

> 2533274850493408;3:
> > 2533274851574900;1:
> > never really got the point of this weapon
>
> Essentially just seemed like a “projectile based brute sandbox” equivalent to the SMG. It’s an accurate exemplification of how adding dual-weildable guns in Halo 3 doesn’t necessarily add anything to the sandbox.
>
> If you thought it was useless in Halo 3, it was even more useless in Reach.

it was in reach…guess i never realized it/ wait it was only on the new alexandria level huh after Jorge tosses u off the covenant cruiser

> 2533274851574900;4:
> > 2533274850493408;3:
> > > 2533274851574900;1:
> > > never really got the point of this weapon
> >
> > Essentially just seemed like a “projectile based brute sandbox” equivalent to the SMG. It’s an accurate exemplification of how adding dual-weildable guns in Halo 3 doesn’t necessarily add anything to the sandbox.
> >
> > If you thought it was useless in Halo 3, it was even more useless in Reach.
>
> it was in reach…guess i never realized it/ wait it was only on the new alexandria level huh after Jorge tosses u off the covenant cruiser

Correct. It may have been in “Pillar of Autumn” as well, when you’re defending the MAC gun against waves of enemies, as one of those waves is a Brute wave. But, it is primarily seen in “Exodus”

> 2533274851574900;4:
> > 2533274850493408;3:
> > > 2533274851574900;1:
> > > never really got the point of this weapon
> >
> > Essentially just seemed like a “projectile based brute sandbox” equivalent to the SMG. It’s an accurate exemplification of how adding dual-weildable guns in Halo 3 doesn’t necessarily add anything to the sandbox.
> >
> > If you thought it was useless in Halo 3, it was even more useless in Reach.
>
> it was in reach…guess i never realized it/ wait it was only on the new alexandria level huh after Jorge tosses u off the covenant cruiser

The Spiker can be picked up from some dead brutes in the missions Exodus, New Alexandria, The Package and The Pillar of Autumn. You can also get the Spiker from Brute waves in Firefight.

As useless as it may be, I still have a heck of a lot of fun firing it. There’s something very satisfying about the sound it makes.

Nothing special with the Spiker, in Halo 3 the reload animation while dual wielding is like the same as the single version. In Reach even if the thing is better at X or Y than another automatic, the projectile speed (and drop) will screw results. On 360 there is at least one map (the forged type) with a Spike but I don’t remember the name.

If that thing started with Halo 2, you would have a fantastic melee damage but it’s barely stronger than a basic attack in Halo 3.

I mean, in Floodgate it would one-hit every unshielded combat form like the Brute Shot does in Halo 2, in other missions every Grunt, Jackal and Drone.

In Halo 2 you can defeat a Legendary Brute by unloading a Brute Shot and finish with a melee, with the toughness of Brutes in Halo 3 I think the Spiker could do that.

I would consider the Spiker as good option in some missions with a melee like that but nevermind it’s not the case.

It’s not the worst weapon. But if used right, and if a teammate’s plasma pistol shot hits, you might be able to get a kill.
Though if you really want to use it, just go campaign or firefight and use it on grunts.

For useless weapons the first thing I consider is the suppressor from Halo 4 only good for killing knights close range on easy difficulty.

I’m really bad with it, but I guess that doesn’t mean it’s a terrible weapon. It can be very effective with the right skill set.

In my opinion, it’s just more of a fun weapon to use. The design of the weapon itself is really cool. Love the feel of this weapon just wish it was a little more effective

Yes… lol! I’ve never had the urge to pick it up.

It is good for melee

its good in campaign and Duels gamemode

I like its style but I think it’s overshadowed by other stuff. Even the AR I find performs much better and more consistently in multiplayer.

When dual-wielded, I found it pretty effected in close quarters in Multiplayer. It’s less useful in campaign, but it has plenty of ammo since you can retrieve it from dead brutes, and has a slightly more powerful melee than other weapons due to the spikes. (This attribute applies to the bruteshot as well) Its basically just there to give the brutes their own weapon aside from the plasma rifle, and to spice up the sandbox. If you want to see useless, try the mauler.