Is the Boltshot balanced now?

Just tested the Boltshots range to see how much of a nerf it has actually received and here are my results:

Instant kill ranges:
Pre TU Boltshot = 8.62m
Shotgun = 7.54m
TU Boltshot = 7.23m
Scattershot = 6.92m

Melee Range = 4.49m
Sword Lunge = 7.14m

> Just tested the Boltshots range to see how much of a nerf it has actually received and here are my results:
>
> Instant kill ranges:
> Pre TU Boltshot = 8.62m
> Shotgun = 7.54m
> TU Boltshot = 7.23m
> Scattershot = 6.92m
>
> Melee Range = 4.49m
> Sword Lunge = 7.14m

No, Boltshot’s 1hitKo range should be the same as Melee Range. It is still better than the Scattershot, and can kill a Sword or Hammer user before they get hit.

It still has more range than a scattershot?

I thought they were reducing the range from 25-30 ft. to 15 ft.

> It still has more range than a scattershot?
>
> I thought they were reducing the range from 25-30 ft. to 15 ft.

Yeh, it surprised me to. Feel free to double check my results, all I used was the default zooms range tracker.

Well I played for a bit tonight and didn’t get massively frustrated sooo yes, maybe =)

They should have nerfed the damage too.

So you’re still effectively spawning with a shotgun in your pocket?

My Regicide Killtrocity with the Boltshot pre-TU

Wait, the TU is up now?

EDIT: No, it isn’t.

Nope.
No spawning weapon should be OHK.
They should make it drain an entire shield and maybe do a tiny bit of health damage, basically a CQC Plasma Pistol.
Who else agrees with me?

> > It still has more range than a scattershot?
> >
> > I thought they were reducing the range from 25-30 ft. to 15 ft.
>
> Yeh, it surprised me to. Feel free to double check my results, all I used was the default zooms range tracker.

The Tu isn’t even out yet. How can you have tested this?

> Wait, the TU is up now?
>
> EDIT: No, it isn’t.

I got a TU when i launched halo 4.

> Just tested the Boltshots range to see how much of a nerf it has actually received and here are my results:
>
> Instant kill ranges:
> Pre TU Boltshot = 8.62m
> Shotgun = 7.54m
> TU Boltshot = 7.23m
> Scattershot = 6.92m
>
> Melee Range = 4.49m
> Sword Lunge = 7.14m

Yeah…

This is not balance. It should be 10 feet…AT THE MAX. Force people to use more skill with the Boltshot rather than having them have a nice good range of no competition.

You should include the distance where a scattershot is a 2sk because you could effectively fire two maybe three shots while the BS charged

> > Wait, the TU is up now?
> >
> > EDIT: No, it isn’t.
>
> I got a TU when i launched halo 4.

That’s the Dashboard update we all got 2 days ago. You sure? Because the bulletin sounded like it wasn’t going to be for another week or so.

The Title Update isn’t up yet. You’re still using the regular Boltshot. They told us yesterday that they didn’t have a set release for it yet, therefore it isn’t out yet.

> > > Wait, the TU is up now?
> > >
> > > EDIT: No, it isn’t.
> >
> > I got a TU when i launched halo 4.
>
> That’s the Dashboard update we all got 2 days ago. You sure? Because the bulletin sounded like it wasn’t going to be for another week or so.

No, i got that update 2 days ago, i remember sitting on the dashboard for a couple of minutes looking for my mic then launching halo 4 and getting a 30 something meg sized update for it. My version number for halo 4 also went up, so i do in fact have the update.

> The Title Update isn’t up yet. You’re still using the regular Boltshot. They told us yesterday that they didn’t have a set release for it yet, therefore it isn’t out yet.

Yes, it is.

And here’s proof.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst190421_BLOG--Halo-4-TU-Change-List-2-21-13.aspx

> > The Title Update isn’t up yet. You’re still using the regular Boltshot. They told us yesterday that they didn’t have a set release for it yet, therefore it isn’t out yet.
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> And here’s proof.
>
> https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst190421_BLOG--Halo-4-TU-Change-List-2-21-13.aspx

Oh, I wasn’t aware. Thanks for the link!

> > > The Title Update isn’t up yet. You’re still using the regular Boltshot. They told us yesterday that they didn’t have a set release for it yet, therefore it isn’t out yet.
> >
> > Yes, it is.
> >
> > And here’s proof.
> >
> > https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst190421_BLOG--Halo-4-TU-Change-List-2-21-13.aspx
>
> Oh, I wasn’t aware. Thanks for the link!

Your welcome. Now next time, please provide proof, before you say it isn’t live.

> Just tested the Boltshots range to see how much of a nerf it has actually received and here are my results:
>
> Instant kill ranges:
> Pre TU Boltshot = 8.62m
> Shotgun = 7.54m
> TU Boltshot = 7.23m
> Scattershot = 6.92m
>
> Melee Range = 4.49m
> Sword Lunge = 7.14m

Yeah HUGE difference…I’m shocked. I thought it was supposed to be reduced to 15 ft?