Is the Binary Rifle still a sniper?

Has the Binary Rifle lost it’s sniper rifle status?

I do not believe that you can get a Snipletaneous medal with the Binary Rifle. It does not shoot even remotely similarly to the other snipers or even the H4 Binary Rifle. It is more similar to a Spartan Laser than a Sniper Rifle. Headshots don’t even matter with it, and it shoots 30 bullets per shot!

The Binary Rifle is really fun to use, and presents a different challenge. It has the range of a Sniper, but it doesn’t behave like one.

Can we still call the Binary Rifle a sniper?
If not, what on earth is it?

It’s not a conventional sniper, but it can kill from a longer range than any of the regular non sniper weapons so yes, it is a sniper.

> 2533274988394857;2:
> It’s not a conventional sniper, but it can kill from a longer range than any of the regular non sniper weapons so yes, it is a sniper.

I guess so… But the sentinel BR has a long range as well… And it isn’t a sniper…

> 2535405449919732;3:
> > 2533274988394857;2:
> > It’s not a conventional sniper, but it can kill from a longer range than any of the regular non sniper weapons so yes, it is a sniper.
>
> I guess so… But the sentinel BR has a long range as well… And it isn’t a sniper…

It’s far, but not as far as the Binary Rifle.

> 2533274988394857;4:
> > 2535405449919732;3:
> > > 2533274988394857;2:
> > > It’s not a conventional sniper, but it can kill from a longer range than any of the regular non sniper weapons so yes, it is a sniper.
> >
> > I guess so… But the sentinel BR has a long range as well… And it isn’t a sniper…
>
> It’s far, but not as far as the Binary Rifle.

Long Barrel version goes pretty darn far… Sure not Sniper range… But still.

It’s not a conventional Sniping weapon, but hmm…

I like the new Binary Rifle mechanics. I hope it retains that for Halo 6, since the Forerunner weapons are actually pretty cool and unique now, Though I do kinda miss the unique reloading sound the Scattershot sometimes made in Halo 4. I did not however miss the ability to suicide with it if you missed and the bullets ricochete off the wall and hit you xD)

I find the Twin jewels of Maethrillian (I deserve a medal if I spelled that right) to be a ridiculous weapon that is better suited to anti-tank purposes than normal sniping. It is admittedly lethal in the right hands against everything, but the ridiculous recoil makes it very hard to control.

> 2535405449919732;7:
> I find the Twin jewels of Maethrillian (I deserve a medal if I spelled that right) to be a ridiculous weapon that is better suited to anti-tank purposes than normal sniping. It is admittedly lethal in the right hands against everything, but the ridiculous recoil makes it very hard to control.

The point of the Twin Jewels (and, yes, you did spell it correctly) is for anti-vehicle/armor use. The thing is lethal against Phaetons, and does decent damage against other vehicles. The recoil was horrible before it was buffed. Nearly impossible to kill individual Spartans before as well.

If it has a 2x zoom scope and kills in 1-2 shots on average, it qualifies as a sniper rifle, at least in Halo.

I think that since the beam needs to be held on target, there should be slightly less recoil and the targeting laser needs to be a bit less bright, but it is sniper rifle, just a bit different than the pull the trigger and done.

Its classified as a sniper because one shot can kill and it has a lot of range. You can’t get snipletanious because the binary shoots 30 mini lasers in one burst.

The UNSC classifies it as a ‘semi-automatic sniper rifle’ so I guess.

> 2535447480293666;12:
> The UNSC classifies it as a ‘semi-automatic sniper rifle’ so I guess.

So semi auto means 30 rounds a shot. :slight_smile:
Man I wonder what full auto would be

Do you get the buckle up medal when you take out the driver with the binary?

> 2533274874616028;13:
> > 2535447480293666;12:
> > The UNSC classifies it as a ‘semi-automatic sniper rifle’ so I guess.
>
> So semi auto means 30 rounds a shot. :slight_smile:
> Man I wonder what full auto would be

A full auto Twin Jewels of Maethrilli-blargh (I have given up on trying to spell this) would shoot 120 bullets if you held down the trigger. This could theoretically get you 8 kills without letting go of the trigger…

> 2533274834066497;14:
> Do you get the buckle up medal when you take out the driver with the binary?

Not sure… I have never succeeded in getting one of these. I think it also doesn’t give you the Sniper Headshot medal… Although the little headshot symbol does still appear beside it in the killfeed.

> 2535405449919732;15:
> > 2533274874616028;13:
> > > 2535447480293666;12:
> > > The UNSC classifies it as a ‘semi-automatic sniper rifle’ so I guess.
> >
> > So semi auto means 30 rounds a shot. :slight_smile:
> > Man I wonder what full auto would be
>
> A full auto Twin Jewels of Maethrilli-blargh (I have given up on trying to spell this) would shoot 120 bullets if you held down the trigger. This could theoretically get you 8 kills without letting go of the trigger…

Nice , sadly everything this was a thing. It still wouldn’t be over powered since it’s hard enough keeping it on target.

> 2535405449919732;16:
> > 2533274834066497;14:
> > Do you get the buckle up medal when you take out the driver with the binary?
>
> Not sure… I have never succeeded in getting one of these. I think it also doesn’t give you the Sniper Headshot medal… Although the little headshot symbol does still appear beside it in the killfeed.

I have never tried it with a binary but I think your right about the sniper headshot medal.

I think of it being like a heavy sentinel weapon.

it doesn’t have much use as a sniper rifle. What works for the beam and ordinary sniper doesn’t for binary. People can easily just dodge the killing blow.

It only real use is for against opponents that aren’t using cover and aren’t paying much attention. It shouldn’t really be in the same line as other sniper rifles as it is weak and has too many draw backs to it.

i don’t think so