IS THAT SO HARD?

Usually, I try to play my favourite games in English, as that’s how I avoid any possible mistake or misunderstanding during the translation into Spanish (my own language). However, for this to happen, I have to “lie” setting the UK or the USA as my location. This is a boring and a little long process, so half of the time I give up and I set the language to Spanish, whose dubbing often is very close to the original one regarding quality.

The exception to this is Halo. Since the beggining of the Halo series we have had to put up with decisions, bad jobs and poor actors that were able to spoil the whole experience. From the Halo CE’s expressionlessness, to the 2-second-voice-lag in halo 4, without forgetting that not-actual-Spanish we saw in Halo 2 that caused so many complains from both Spain and South America and the fact that the actors change from game to game.

As I said, I always can turn the game into Engish (and I’m sure i will), but a great part of the Halo community here in Spain haven’t developped enough their Engish to be able to do so.

Indeed, I am realy doubting of the usefulness of my post, or if anyone will even care, but at least it is worth it to try. I wonder why do we deserve this insulting disregard, even greater if we take into account that we are talking about the most succesful exclusive game seen on Xbox until now. In fact, it seems hard to believe that nobody noticed this “failures” before they release the games.

To conclude, I would like to know whether I will have to hear sentences such that “I’m gonna rip my f***ing ears” again whanever Halo 5 cames out, but please, let us enjoy it.

Sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes, if any.

> 2533274893528678;1:
> As I said, I always can turn the game into Engish (and I’m sure i will), but a great part of the Halo community here in Spain haven’t developped enough their Engish to be able to do so.

Sorry but then they/u should work on ur english. I myself am from austria, and the german dub of halo, especially the announcer, is just awful. Also I can’t really imagine that halo sounds good in spanish, regardless how ‘good’ it is dubbed. English is the way to go in halo my friend

First off, your writing is superior to that of some native English speakers. I wouldn’t have known your first language was Spanish. I salute you.

Now what about subtitles? Do those work for you?

> 2533274820441404;2:
> Sorry but then they/u should work on ur english. I myself am from austria, and the german dub of halo, especially the announcer, is just awful. Also I can’t really imagine that halo sounds good in spanish, regardless how ‘good’ it is dubbed. English is the way to go in halo my friend

You are totally right, but it must be taken into account that until a few years ago, speaking English wasn´t considered “necessary” in Spain, as every film, game… and so on was dubbed with a worthy quality. Due to that (and other reasons) I feel that most of the people here is sadly unable to understand a game like this fully in English.

> 2535421619942348;3:
> First off, your writing is superior to that of some native English speakers. I wouldn’t have known your first language was Spanish. I salute you.
>
> Now what about subtitles? Do those work for you?

I salute you as well.
Yes, but no. Subtitles work, but only in the audio language. That works for me, in case I miss something, but it isn’t usefull for my brother or my friends, who barely speak English.

> 2533274820441404;2:
> > 2533274893528678;1:
> > As I said, I always can turn the game into Engish (and I’m sure i will), but a great part of the Halo community here in Spain haven’t developped enough their Engish to be able to do so.
>
>
> Sorry but then they/u should work on ur english. I myself am from austria, and the german dub of halo, especially the announcer, is just awful. Also I can’t really imagine that halo sounds good in spanish, regardless how ‘good’ it is dubbed. English is the way to go in halo my friend

Ich fühl’ mit dir! das deutsch hört sich so peinlich an!!

I will have to say that this is also a huge things in anime. Some language crossers are very good at voice acting it, others are not and you can tell very easily who is what.

I feel sorry for spain and all the other languages because it sounds amazing in english.

Side question that I have always wondered. what is the keyboards like over there? is it in another language?( I mean the keys of corse)

Tienes razon. Cuando yo jugo un videojuego en espanol para practicar (mi lengua native es ingles), los actores espanoles suenan chistoso y los vozes no son por los personajes. Seria mejor si usaban actores de voz de mas differente paises para que hay una mezcla que perece mas real que cuando todos ellos son de la misma paiz.

Perdoname por mi espanol terrible, no tengo alguin con quien puedo hablar mucho lol. Especialmente aca en el norte de estados unidos.

Y tu grammatical esta bien. Especialmente considerando como hablamos en ‘L337 SPEEK’ en la red lol

Thats so…stupid.

You should be able to change it to whatever language you want no matter where you live.

> 2533274893528678;4:
> > 2535421619942348;3:
> > First off, your writing is superior to that of some native English speakers. I wouldn’t have known your first language was Spanish. I salute you.
> >
> > Now what about subtitles? Do those work for you?
>
>
> I salute you as well.
> Yes, but no. Subtitles work, but only in the audio language. That works for me, in case I miss something, but it isn’t usefull for my brother or my friends, who barely speak English.

Could you get subtitles in Spanish? Personally, I have a hard time watching foreign things dubbed into English. It usually sounds awful. I almost always go for subtitles instead.

> 2533274893528678;1:
> Indeed, I am realy doubting of the usefulness of my post, or if anyone will even care, but at least it is worth it to try. I wonder why do we deserve this insulting disregard, even greater if we take into account that we are talking about the most succesful exclusive game seen on Xbox until now. In fact, it seems hard to believe that nobody noticed this “failures” before they release the games.

I don’t know if anyone in 343i will see this thread, but I certainly hope they do. People don’t deserve a worse experience just because they don’t speak the developers’ language.

> 2533274977982443;5:
> > 2533274820441404;2:
> > > 2533274893528678;1:
> > > As I said, I always can turn the game into Engish (and I’m sure i will), but a great part of the Halo community here in Spain haven’t developped enough their Engish to be able to do so.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Sorry but then they/u should work on ur english. I myself am from austria, and the german dub of halo, especially the announcer, is just awful. Also I can’t really imagine that halo sounds good in spanish, regardless how ‘good’ it is dubbed. English is the way to go in halo my friend
>
>
>
> Ich fühl’ mit dir! das deutsch hört sich so peinlich an!!

Endlich mal ein österreicher im forum. ja halo in deutsch ist ein pain in the -Yoink-

> 2533274868062286;6:
> I will have to say that this is also a huge things in anime. Some language crossers are very good at voice acting it, others are not and you can tell very easily who is what.
>
> I feel sorry for spain and all the other languages because it sounds amazing in english.
>
> Side question that I have always wondered. what is the keyboards like over there? is it in another language?( I mean the keys of corse)

Tell me…Halo does sound much more epic in English… I´ve been deluded all my life…

About your side question, I guess keyboards are alike here, maybe there some characters are missing, like “ñ”. But I don´t know, this might be one of the greatest mysteries ever faced by mankind.

> 2535431386497272;7:
> Tienes razon. Cuando yo jugo un videojuego en espanol para practicar (mi lengua native es ingles), los actores espanoles suenan chistoso y los vozes no son por los personajes. Seria mejor si usaban actores de voz de mas differente paises para que hay una mezcla que perece mas real que cuando todos ellos son de la misma paiz.
>
> Perdoname por mi espanol terrible, no tengo alguin con quien puedo hablar mucho lol. Especialmente aca en el norte de estados unidos.
>
> Y tu grammatical esta bien. Especialmente considerando como hablamos en ‘L337 SPEEK’ en la red lol

Well, that depends on what are you used to. Me, I am unable to see a film or play a game on American Spanish, as they usually say “z” as an “s”, what is really (i mean REALLY) annoying to me. Anyway, I think we will all win if we were able to have a subtittled version of the original games, always most enjoyable.

By the way, you Spanish isn´t that bad, only some verbs (el subjuntivo es difícil, lo sé). But as a little piece of advice, in Spanish we never write “z” before “e”, so that “vozes” feels like… Anyway, keep working on your Spanish as I do with my English.

Que el Jefe Maestro ilumine tu camino, amig@

Exceptuando el doblaje de Halo CE ( el 2 no lo cuento por razones obvias ) los dooblajes de Halo han sido de una calidad bastante buena. Con contados errores (Roberto Cuadrado doblando a la mitad de lo que sale en la pantalla y a las dos voces del Jefe en Halo 4) no me puedo quejar. El problema llega cuando nos vienen como en Halo 2 Anniversary, que hasta que no hicimos la petición, ni subtítulos nos querían dar. Después de eso, los conseguimos, pero da igual, la mayoría ni siquiera están traducidos.

PD: I know english, and a lot of people as well, but we prefer to hear films and videogames in our own language. It’s not always a matter of undesrstanding the language.

Buena respuesta.

Good answer.