Is that awesome map in BTB (fiesta) anymore?

Been having some happy hour at home and about to fire up some H5… I can’t recall the name of the map but I always loved it and haven’t played it in a long time… It’s that map that had the giant excavator thing you could man Cannon on to… It had a wasp and some rocket hogs… Thought it was a really fun map. Is it in rotation any more? Would love it in some BTB fiesta…

> 2533274816788253;1:
> Been having some happy hour at home and about to fire up some H5… I can’t recall the name of the map but I always loved it and haven’t played it in a long time… It’s that map that had the giant excavator thing you could man Cannon on to… It had a wasp and some rocket hogs… Thought it was a really fun map. Is it in rotation any more? Would love it in some BTB fiesta…

I think the map your talking about was called unearthed and no it got removed in the last BTB refresh.

> 2533274855740591;2:
> > 2533274816788253;1:
> > Been having some happy hour at home and about to fire up some H5… I can’t recall the name of the map but I always loved it and haven’t played it in a long time… It’s that map that had the giant excavator thing you could man Cannon on to… It had a wasp and some rocket hogs… Thought it was a really fun map. Is it in rotation any more? Would love it in some BTB fiesta…
>
> I think the map your talking about was called unearthed and no it got removed in the last BTB refresh.

That sucks… That map was awesome

Wasn’t a fan of that map.

> 2533274816788253;3:
> > 2533274855740591;2:
> > > 2533274816788253;1:
> > > Been having some happy hour at home and about to fire up some H5… I can’t recall the name of the map but I always loved it and haven’t played it in a long time… It’s that map that had the giant excavator thing you could man Cannon on to… It had a wasp and some rocket hogs… Thought it was a really fun map. Is it in rotation any more? Would love it in some BTB fiesta…
> >
> > I think the map your talking about was called unearthed and no it got removed in the last BTB refresh.
>
> That sucks… That map was awesome

Yea they took out a bunch of maps that I liked Antifreeze, Basin etc. BTB really needs an update it’s been forever

> 2533274855740591;5:
> > 2533274816788253;3:
> > > 2533274855740591;2:
> > > > 2533274816788253;1:
> > > > Been having some happy hour at home and about to fire up some H5… I can’t recall the name of the map but I always loved it and haven’t played it in a long time… It’s that map that had the giant excavator thing you could man Cannon on to… It had a wasp and some rocket hogs… Thought it was a really fun map. Is it in rotation any more? Would love it in some BTB fiesta…
> > >
> > > I think the map your talking about was called unearthed and no it got removed in the last BTB refresh.
> >
> > That sucks… That map was awesome
>
> Yea they took out a bunch of maps that I liked Antifreeze, Basin etc. BTB really needs an update it’s been forever

They basically took out all the best BTB maps. The newer ones are alright, but the ones that were removed were even better I think.

I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first place, oh how I miss Estuary and Unearthed for example. Even Antifreeze seems like a good map IMO when compared to Port Authority or Eagle Square. Talk about an uninspired theme, boring map flow/layout and vehicle selection. It’s always the good maps that get kicked out, just like Paradiso in Halo: Reach became nearly non-existent after some update…

I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first place

Well I guess its down to the “why don’t we ever get new maps” posts that are often on the forum and perhaps due to space issues some of the older ones have to be removed.

> 2533274841449249;8:
> I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first placeWell I guess its down to the “why don’t we ever get new maps” posts that are often on the forum and perhaps due to space issues some of the older ones have to be removed.

If this isn’t more true words ever

> 2533274836333284;9:
> > 2533274841449249;8:
> > I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first placeWell I guess its down to the “why don’t we ever get new maps” posts that are often on the forum and perhaps due to space issues some of the older ones have to be removed.
>
> If this isn’t more true words ever

Also you notice how all the new ones flow basically the same way and are so bloody small you can get spawn-rushed super easy?
Especially Eagle Square…

> 2533274874385787;7:
> I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first place, oh how I miss Estuary and Unearthed for example. Even Antifreeze seems like a good map IMO when compared to Port Authority or Eagle Square. Talk about an uninspired theme, boring map flow/layout and vehicle selection. It’s always the good maps that get kicked out, just like Paradiso in Halo: Reach became nearly non-existent after some update…

Port Authority & Eagle Square are cringe worthy, ill toss boulevards in here too. Id rather see some old maps like avalanche or even sandbox return to replace them, H3 had some solid BTB maps.

Unearthed was brutal. The spawn traps in that map is why it was pulled. Yeah it was a cool map but very broken against fireteams

Ohhh, Antifreeze. The map that had to be completely redone because it was so bad and it still wasn’t that good afterwards. Yeah, great map… Maybe they should put it back into the rotation so you can remember what it was like to get spawn trapped for the entire game all while dropping frames and then I’m sure your fond memories of it will continue. Same with Estuary. Oh, how I loved getting pummeled nonstop when the other team got both of the Banshees. Great times.

> 2727626560040591;13:
> Ohhh, Antifreeze. The map that had to be completely redone because it was so bad and it still wasn’t that good afterwards. Yeah, great map… Maybe they should put it back into the rotation so you can remember what it was like to get spawn trapped for the entire game all while dropping frames and then I’m sure your fond memories of it will continue. Same with Estuary. Oh, how I loved getting pummeled nonstop when the other team got both of the Banshees. Great times.

Antifreeze was never good IMO as well. In fact H5 hasn’t had any really good BTB maps that are exclusive to H5. Basin was alright and I enjoyed unearthed, wish it was still around. If spawn traps where a reason to get rid of maps we wouldn’t have very many maps.

> 2533274816788253;14:
> > 2727626560040591;13:
> >
>
> If spawn traps were a reason to get rid of maps we wouldn’t have very many maps.

This, so much this. Maps should be definitely done so that spawn trapping is as hard as possible. Unfortunately this is way esarier said than done and so many good and many bad maps suffer from such issues.

Once again I have to raise an example from Reach. Paradiso was IMO the epitome of an excellent BTB map, it had it all. Great layout for both vehicles and spartans, it actually had some nice vehicles (a scorpion and a banshee on top of the usual 'hogs, mongooses and ghosts for both bases). On top of that both bases had snipers and there was a neutral laser for antivehicle purposes. Now I played the best BTB games ever on this map but it also had the potential for the worst possible spawn camping for any map. That is thanks to the possibility of an enemy stealing your scorpion and banshee. But this was rare and these spawning vehicles were instead usually a way out of a spawn camp.

As I stated earlier, upon an update Paradiso’s chance of even showing up in the map voting became vanishingly small. Now if my memory serves right it was rumoured, maybe even stated, that Paradiso indeed got curb stomped to oblivion for the potential of spawn traps. It got replaced by Utopie, a very similar map but with only one neutral Banshee, laser, rocket and sniper. Over half of the fun things were taken away and now the bases had nothing spawning at them that could take a Banshee down easily. No one could get away from a proper spawn trap to get a neutral power weapon and thus a map that was supposed to be a relief to spawn trapping ended up being even worse in those terms.

Gotta say I agree that Halo 5 hasn’t had any truly great maps in BTB matchmaking. I believe that’s because the forge is quite limited in terms maximum map size and the spartans are faster and more mobile than ever. This makes every map seem very small for larger vehicles and spartans when comparing to previous Halos in terms of map size relative to spartan mobility.

> 2533274907200114;10:
> > 2533274836333284;9:
> > > 2533274841449249;8:
> > > I really can’t understand why some maps had to be removed in the first placeWell I guess its down to the “why don’t we ever get new maps” posts that are often on the forum and perhaps due to space issues some of the older ones have to be removed.
> >
> > If this isn’t more true words ever
>
> Also you notice how all the new ones flow basically the same way and are so bloody small you can get spawn-rushed super easy?
> Especially Eagle Square…

OH yeah, I can get killed 5 times in a row without even moving enough to sprint off spawn