Is switching to helljumper worth it?

I have run with the default controls on all halo games but notice that a lot of people played bumper jumper back in the day. I want to switch to helljumper since it is objectively better than the default layout but I find it so weird that sprint is on the a button. Is it worth the effort to learn this new controller layout?

I would say 100% yes if you are trying to play competitively. It will improve your aim by a lot. If you are more of a casual player I don’t think it’s worth trying to learn a completely new layout.

Definitely worth it. A lot of my friends play on it and they say that it really helps them. Being able to separate functions on the controller helps you cognitively so it’s definitely worth it. Spend some time learning how to use it and it’ll feel a lot better than default

For sure worth it. I love Helljumper. You just have to accept you will be playing much worse while you get used to the layout.

Helljumper is a controller set up? I though it was just a set of armor in the game. XD I am too use to playing with the default settings that I sometimes forget they have different button layouts in the settings.

> 2533274857070606;1:
> I have run with the default controls on all halo games but notice that a lot of people played bumper jumper back in the day. I want to switch to helljumper since it is objectively better than the default layout but I find it so weird that sprint is on the a button. Is it worth the effort to learn this new controller layout?

Do it. It’s a godsend for your gameplay.

Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.

> 2533274904953177;7:
> Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.

Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.

> 2533274944752684;8:
> > 2533274904953177;7:
> > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
>
> Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.

Witch controller setup do you play on?

> 2533274904953177;9:
> > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > 2533274904953177;7:
> > > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
> >
> > Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.
>
> Witch controller setup do you play on?

Helljumper.

> 2533274944752684;10:
> > 2533274904953177;9:
> > > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > > 2533274904953177;7:
> > > > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
> > >
> > > Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.
> >
> > Witch controller setup do you play on?
>
> Helljumper.

You should watch proximity youtube channel…look him up…

> 2533274904953177;11:
> > 2533274944752684;10:
> > > 2533274904953177;9:
> > > > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > > > 2533274904953177;7:
> > > > > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
> > > >
> > > > Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.
> > >
> > > Witch controller setup do you play on?
> >
> > Helljumper.
>
> You should watch proximity youtube channel…look him up…

I already watch a lot of Proximitty. He and BBKDRAGOON are actually the reason I was able to hit Plat in the first place.

> 2533274944752684;12:
> > 2533274904953177;11:
> > > 2533274944752684;10:
> > > > 2533274904953177;9:
> > > > > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > > > > 2533274904953177;7:
> > > > > > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
> > > > >
> > > > > Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.
> > > >
> > > > Witch controller setup do you play on?
> > >
> > > Helljumper.
> >
> > You should watch proximity youtube channel…look him up…
>
> I already watch a lot of Proximitty. He and BBKDRAGOON are actually the reason I was able to hit Plat in the first place.

Niceee dude now go for the diamond and beyond!!! Im going for onyx next week.

> 2533274944752684;12:
> > 2533274904953177;11:
> > > 2533274944752684;10:
> > > > 2533274904953177;9:
> > > > > 2533274944752684;8:
> > > > > > 2533274904953177;7:
> > > > > > Personal preference really there is no best controller setup.
> > > > >
> > > > > Actually, Helljumper does have some objective advantages compared to the others. For example, jump on the left bumper allows jump strafing, because your right thumb isn’t controlling jump anymore. It also has easy access to ADS, and it’s objectively faster than the ADS on Bumper Jumper as shown by Luke The Notable. This last one is more of a personal preference, but crouch on the left stick feels a lot more intuitive as it’s connected to the stick controlling movement rather than the one controlling aim.
> > > >
> > > > Witch controller setup do you play on?
> > >
> > > Helljumper.
> >
> > You should watch proximity youtube channel…look him up…
>
> I already watch a lot of Proximitty. He and BBKDRAGOON are actually the reason I was able to hit Plat in the first place.

We should que up sometime Im a boss at slayer…Add me if you want…Peace

It will take you a few days to get used to it but you will see the benefits. Wont make you infinitely better but it does help most people.

honestly there isn’t a single button layout that is better than the others. its all about preference and what makes you or helps you play better. I would at least give it a try and go for the switch, if it doesn’t workout or you feel it isn’t worth it then you can always change it back. I find myself being able to adapt to new button layouts within a matter of a few games depending on how big of a switch it is. You could be faster at adapting or slower.

I’d say it’s only worth it if you don’t have an elite controller. Mapping x-y-a-b to the paddles let’s you do any action without taking your thumbs off the sticks, which is the advantage bumper jumper setups help alleviate.

If you don’t have an elite controller, you definitely need to switch off default controls though I think.

> 2614366390849210;17:
> I’d say it’s only worth it if you don’t have an elite controller. Mapping x-y-a-b to the paddles let’s you do any action without taking your thumbs off the sticks, which is the advantage bumper jumper setups help alleviate.
>
> If you don’t have an elite controller, you definitely need to switch off default controls though I think.

I have an elite controller but hate using the paddles, they get in the way when I grip the controller and I end up accidentally pressing them when I shoot as I grip the controller.

> 2533274857070606;18:
> > 2614366390849210;17:
> > I’d say it’s only worth it if you don’t have an elite controller. Mapping x-y-a-b to the paddles let’s you do any action without taking your thumbs off the sticks, which is the advantage bumper jumper setups help alleviate.
> >
> > If you don’t have an elite controller, you definitely need to switch off default controls though I think.
>
> I have an elite controller but hate using the paddles, they get in the way when I grip the controller and I end up accidentally pressing them when I shoot as I grip the controller.

If you got an elite controller and your aren’t using the paddles, you wasted $150. That’s my personal opinion.

You’ll get used to using them real quick if you play through a few missions of the campaign with them set.

> 2614366390849210;19:
> > 2533274857070606;18:
> > > 2614366390849210;17:
> > > I’d say it’s only worth it if you don’t have an elite controller. Mapping x-y-a-b to the paddles let’s you do any action without taking your thumbs off the sticks, which is the advantage bumper jumper setups help alleviate.
> > >
> > > If you don’t have an elite controller, you definitely need to switch off default controls though I think.
> >
> > I have an elite controller but hate using the paddles, they get in the way when I grip the controller and I end up accidentally pressing them when I shoot as I grip the controller.
>
> If you got an elite controller and your aren’t using the paddles, you wasted $150. That’s my personal opinion.
>
> You’ll get used to using them real quick if you play through a few missions of the campaign with them set.

Well, the elite has more than just the paddles. It has the adjustable thumbsticks and the adjustable dpad. Not to mention the hair trigger and the sturdier build.