Is Sprint all preventing you from buying Halo 5?

I feel this is a utterly ridiculous position many in this community are taking especially considering all the changes 343i are integrating into the game, purely to please the fans such as yourselves. The base gameplay feels like Halo, its still the tree core pillars of guns, grenades and melee, just with some added speed in a seek to improve a traditional formula. And before the inevitable argument of “the formula doesn’t need to improve”, I then ask you what is the point of 343i creating a new game? The amount of compromises 343i has given to please the minority crowd such as yourselves and still create a game that more casual fans can enjoy is astounding. Compared to Halo 4 (which sold very well), 343i has done much to regain the audience whether you accept it or not and when you look at the list its hard to deny.
Equal Starts with weapons
No amour abilities
Reliable weapon Spawns on Map
Kill cam opt in
Grenade indicators removed
Visual skill ranking system
Faster base movement speed
Decreased number of medals and announcements
Punishments to quitters
Map control elements
And I’m sure I’ve missed some.
Is sprint really so much of a problem(even in its nerfed form) that you would consider boycotting a game with so much potential and service to us fans?

I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.

> 2533274843463464;2:
> I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.

You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times

Sprint’s only one reason. And it’s not so much sprint itself, but 343’s inclusion of sprint after overwhelming outcry against it. And after the two games that had it were unanimously the two worst in the franchise and both failed hard after a few months.

I just don’t support 343 as a company anymore. They don’t know how to do their job and don’t really care about their fans to be perfectly honest. They’ve proven that. They just want to sell launch copies. Meet a quota.

But at the same time I don’t know how much of it is MS and how much of it really is 343.

> 2533274886246836;3:
> > 2533274843463464;2:
> > I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.
>
>
> You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times

Except CE was actually good.

OP: Some people would say that all those things you just listed are things 343 should have been doing in the first place and that it deserves no special recognition, so before anyone comes with that on this forum topic, I’m going explain why that’s bullsh*t. This is only an excuse to discredit 343 for the work that they’ve done. Yes, killstreaks and custom loadouts should have never been in Halo, but the fact that 343 has taken them out is only a sign that 343 listens to fans. And that’s something to really give them credit for, because most game developers don’t. But 343 still wants to put out a game that everyone wants and that says something good about them.

> 2533274846700578;5:
> > 2533274886246836;3:
> > > 2533274843463464;2:
> > > I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.
> >
> >
> >
> > You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times
>
>
> Except CE was actually good.

I agree, and I liked what I played of the beta as well. Understand that other fans actually really enjoy sprint before you say they don’t care about their fans. They do, and they’ve proven that (just look at the list on the OP)

Looks like a fun call of duty

Feels like a fun Halo, what can I say?

The worst part about alll the ppl that won’t be buying halo 5 at all and have stated they are done with 343 is that they won’t leave the forums. LIke why are you hearr? What you guys should do is go away and prepare threads for when the halo 6 forum starts at least there your requests are more likely to happen

I’m still buying Halo 5.

I’d rather sprint not be in Halo . . . but I’m still buying Halo 5.

Yep.

.

Yes. It also prevented me from buying an xb1 all together.

At this point I enjoyed kz shadowfall as much as I did h4. The xb1 has nothing on the ps4 now that halo has fallen.

> 2533274886246836;3:
> > 2533274843463464;2:
> > I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.
>
>
> You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times

Except the kill times in Halo ce took skill unlike the kill times of every automatic weapon in Halo 5.

> 2743710844422774;16:
> > 2533274886246836;3:
> > > 2533274843463464;2:
> > > I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.
> >
> >
> >
> > You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times
>
>
> Except the kill times in Halo ce took skill unlike the kill times of every automatic weapon in Halo 5.

Loll I don’t know about that. I got my COD friends playing MCC going off spamming that pistol. Plus we don’t reallly have any autos to compare H5s too in 3 games bungie never made an auto worth picking up in team BR

I won’t be getting it at launch. Sprint is a major reason but I refuse to give money to a company that has yet to make anything good. If TMCC would have launched as promised these forums would be completely different and people would be so happy with 343 but instead it has been 3 months since launch and the game is still broken, there are no excuses for that, do your job. The population will never return to TMCC and Halo 5 will last as long as Halo 4, 6 months and 87% of the population will be bored and will quit playing.

> 2533274835305187;17:
> > 2743710844422774;16:
> > > 2533274886246836;3:
> > > > 2533274843463464;2:
> > > > I will most likely buy Halo 5 but not on launch but if it happened that I wouldn’t buy it would most likely be because it’s not TRULY Halo. It’s nice with equal starts, no loadouts or AA’s but the game in general is way to fast. The fast kill times, sprint, bad map design, looks, game flow and overall content grosses me out a bit. The only possitives I have so far about the game are the rank ladders, spartan chatter, spectator (which could be made even better than just a theater mode) and the Forge (from what we currently assume.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You must have hated Halo CE, cause those kill times
> >
> >
> >
> > Except the kill times in Halo ce took skill unlike the kill times of every automatic weapon in Halo 5.
>
>
> Loll I don’t know about that. I got my COD friends playing MCC going off spamming that pistol. Plus we don’t reallly have any autos to compare H5s too in 3 games bungie never made an auto worth picking up in team BR

Spamming the pistol does nothing and did you play the beta? It was like everyone started with a saw from Halo 4 and Halo has always been about precision weapons not automatic weapons, minus the occasional camping dual wield in 2 or 3.

Absolutely not, I think they’re really trying to balance sprint out. The sped up base movement and reduced sprint speed makes sprint less drastic in speed. This game is sounding better and better as 343 really is listening this time.