Is something wrong with Halo 5 matchmaking?

For a worrying amount of time now I’ve been unable to find any game on the social playlist. The only way I get an online game these days is heroic firefight. Is there an issue with the matchmaking at the moment, or is everyone on MCC? Considering I’m trying to attain that 152 eventually, being unable to get into games is a rather problematic roadblock to that goal.

I’m guessing most of the players are doing the grind to 152 on Firefight. Try changing your search preference to Expanded.

> 2533274871396905;2:
> I’m guessing most of the players are doing the grind to 152 on Firefight. Try changing your search preference to Expanded.

My search preference is set to Expanded, hence my confusion. Could it be because I’m in Australia, so different servers or something along those lines?

Probably, yes. Halo 5 is not region locked, but perhaps you can’t find games because of the different time zone. Try rotating the playlists, you might have luck :slight_smile:

The matchmaking takes way too long and is super confusing. i had 6 straight matches of husky raid then can’t get a single match of anything. also the warzone searches keep failing.

My search preference is expanded because im in Australia so nothing else works

I’ve been seeing a lot on the forums about not finding a game. Just play what others are playing, better to play wzf then to wait 20 min for one game of Slayer.

Low population plus being in a generally low populated Halo area is going to lead to difficulty finding games.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> Low population plus being in a generally low populated Halo area is going to lead to difficulty finding games.

How low do you think the population is?

It must be the Australia location - times, connections etc. I play every night for a couple of hours here in the US and have no issues getting social Arena games or Warzone. Google Fiber probably doesn’t hurt either.

> 2535412390428661;5:
> The matchmaking takes way too long and is super confusing. i had 6 straight matches of husky raid then can’t get a single match of anything. also the warzone searches keep failing.
>
> My search preference is expanded because im in Australia so nothing else works

Have you tried restarting your Halo? I’m in the U.S but had a similar thing happen. Dash boarded my game, waited a few seconds, then relaunched and it worked

I think it’s more a population and connection thing other than the game or Xbox itself. I’ve had this happen where I find quick matches and then all of a sudden it’s dead.

Strangely I’ve found matchmaking to perform better in recent weeks as I’ve been able to find multiple warzone matches back to back today which is rare in my experience. This may initially sound odd but I’m UK and for us searching during the day can be pretty rough and a long wait.
Population and searching issue liked described have kinda been a thing since 2017 for me. I know 2 years is large chunk of time so I’m not saying it always terrible like that but it’s been enough to where I kinda follow a rule: to avoid playing until late afternoon / evening time as this generally when most Americans begin to get on as otherwise search times during rough days can be like 30 minutes for Arena playlist or nothing for Warzone generally.

> 2533274843502744;3:
> > 2533274871396905;2:
> > I’m guessing most of the players are doing the grind to 152 on Firefight. Try changing your search preference to Expanded.
>
> My search preference is set to Expanded, hence my confusion. Could it be because I’m in Australia, so different servers or something along those lines?

There you go. Not fair but I guess that’s it.

> 2535438053374188;10:
> > 2535412390428661;5:
> > The matchmaking takes way too long and is super confusing. i had 6 straight matches of husky raid then can’t get a single match of anything. also the warzone searches keep failing.
> >
> > My search preference is expanded because im in Australia so nothing else works
>
> Have you tried restarting your Halo? I’m in the U.S but had a similar thing happen. Dash boarded my game, waited a few seconds, then relaunched and it worked

As far is a know restarting doesn’t help (at least for me). it may just be that they are installing a new internet right now.

> 2535412390428661;14:
> > 2535438053374188;10:
> > > 2535412390428661;5:
> > > The matchmaking takes way too long and is super confusing. i had 6 straight matches of husky raid then can’t get a single match of anything. also the warzone searches keep failing.
> > >
> > > My search preference is expanded because im in Australia so nothing else works
> >
> > Have you tried restarting your Halo? I’m in the U.S but had a similar thing happen. Dash boarded my game, waited a few seconds, then relaunched and it worked
>
> As far is a know restarting doesn’t help (at least for me). it may just be that they are installing a new internet right now.

Its the hidden matching system unable to find fair games, not the population. Sure if there was more population, you would have a better chance at getting games, but removing the hidden matching system from social game types would eliminate the issue of finding games.