Is RvB in trouble? Is Halo 5 too limiting?

I love Red vs Blue. It’s a great series. But I’m a little concerned. Roosterteeth has RvB on a yearly schedule. Will they have to delay the next season because of Halo 5’s limitations?

• No Dev made BTB maps. RvB likes to avoid forged maps. So the most common maps seen in the series are Dev-BTB maps. Halo 5 has none. And they cannot use Warzone maps.
  • Weapon lowering has a slightly annoying weapon twitching issue. Not ideal for RvB’s standards. Maybe even leaves them worse off than the lack of true weapon lowering in H4.
  • The shotgun always has a light on it. Sarge’s favorite weapon looks too annoying for Machinima usage.
  • No mix and match armor, although this is something they can work around. Not that big an issue.
  • Numerous theater glitches and weirdness.

So… Is RvB going to have to be put on hold? I hate the thought but 343 really leaves them no choice.

I partially agree however they have been making these since Halo 1 and if Halo 1 didnt have limitations then idk what did. My point is that theyll find a way to make it work. My only complaint is that Caboose wont have his Mark V :frowning:

• Your first point can be negated by the fact that they used Forge Island several times throughout Season 13. - I haven’t noticed anything about weapon lowering but then again the only time I see Machinima controls are in Mainstreamer’s streams (haven’t watched a lot of Halo 5 machinima sadly) - I don’t see this as very annoying but I do agree it could get in the wya - Not a huge problem - Don’t use theater often since I plug my Kinect in.

What story is there to tell. I thought it was completely over.

Quite possibly. But I have a feeling it’s in general trouble as Halo just isn’t popular anymore and that means Halo related stuff as well.

> 2535409103705542;4:
> What story is there to tell. I thought it was completely over.

Nope theyre starting a new storyline I think

Just do it on h4 again, I don’t see any problems there

> 2533274883849234;3:
> - Your first point can be negated by the fact that they used Forge Island several times throughout Season 13.
> - I haven’t noticed anything about weapon lowering but then again the only time I see Machinima controls are in Mainstreamer’s streams (haven’t watched a lot of Halo 5 machinima sadly)
> - I don’t see this as very annoying but I do agree it could get in the wya
> - Not a huge problem
> - Don’t use theater often since I plug my Kinect in.

But the majority of their Machinima’s take place on Dev-BTB maps. Halo 5 literally has none of that. At all. And even if they plan on using some Forge maps every now and then as they have in the past, the forged environments can’t replace the missing BTB maps.

> 2533274921838152;2:
> I partially agree however they have been making these since Halo 1 and if Halo 1 didnt have limitations then idk what did. My point is that theyll find a way to make it work. My only complaint is that Caboose wont have his Mark V :frowning:

Caboose’ll just wear the Mark IV then. Look pretty similiar.
Also IV is better than V on a I - X list, everyone knows that.

> 2533274921838152;2:
> I partially agree however they have been making these since Halo 1 and if Halo 1 didnt have limitations then idk what did. My point is that theyll find a way to make it work. My only complaint is that Caboose wont have his Mark V :frowning:

what are you talking about they have the helmet as unlock probably specifically for him

If they want to they’ll make it work and it will be great, simple as that.

They’ll probably say that sarge get the flashlight stuck or something. About the BTB maps, the forge still looks pretty good as it is.

The next season is going to be an anthology season instead of strictly following on from the last season.

Basically it’ll be standalone stories and and a handful of multi-part ones. And I believe they said they would be using multiple games.

So its not that big of a problem. And if they did want authentic maps, they could just focus the story to be more indoorsy and make use of maps like Plaza.

Personally I think sarge would like the flash light, the better to kill the blues in the dark and strike bright lights and shotgun shell fire into their eyes.

SargeLogic

p.s. He probably put the flashlight there with duck tape /backstrory

Why does everyone care about red v blue so much? I get that it’s entertaining, but I have seen threads bashing Halo 5’s mechanics because it doesn’t support red v blue, which is just a third party side-show.

> 2535409816624774;15:
> Why does everyone care about red v blue so much? I get that it’s entertaining, but I have seen threads bashing Halo 5’s mechanics because it doesn’t support red v blue, which is just a third party side-show.

You are in the land of huge criticism on every tiny aspect of the game the civilians in this land are in constant war … Mostly with themselves.

Season 14 is very very likely already well into production, and is likely still done using Halo 4. RVB has never switched games right away, it usually takes at least a season so they can figure out how to best utilize the mechanics of the new game. By the time we get to next year, they’ll likely be dev BTB maps, bug fixes, and RT will have had plenty of time to figure out how to best utilize the game for Machinima. I’m not worried about the future of RvB at all :slight_smile:

This is an incredibly pointless thread. RVB started in Halo CE which had absolutely no built in capture features.

“- No Dev made BTB maps. RvB likes to avoid forged maps. So the most common maps seen in the series are Dev-BTB maps. Halo 5 has none.”

They have always used bigger maps but not necessarily BTB maps.

“- Weapon lowering has a slightly annoying weapon twitching issue. Not ideal for RvB’s standards. Maybe even leaves them worse off than the lack of true weapon lowering in H4.”

This has never been an issue for them. In fact, weapon lowering wasn’t even added into the series until late Halo 3

“- The shotgun always has a light on it. Sarge’s favorite weapon looks too annoying for Machinima usage.”

This can easily be edited out.

“- No mix and match armor, although this is something they can work around. Not that big an issue.”

Not that big of an issue as you said. Also they have changed their armor multiple times in the series

“- Numerous theater glitches and weirdness.”

They dont even use theater most of the time, but this is a legitimate issue, considering that theater was implemented FOR machinimas and it barely works(like most of Halo 5).

> 2533274912254619;1:
> I love Red vs Blue. It’s a great series. But I’m a little concerned. Roosterteeth has RvB on a yearly schedule. Will they have to delay the next season because of Halo 5’s limitations?
>
> - No Dev made BTB maps. RvB likes to avoid forged maps. So the most common maps seen in the series are Dev-BTB maps. Halo 5 has none. And they cannot use Warzone maps.
> - Weapon lowering has a slightly annoying weapon twitching issue. Not ideal for RvB’s standards. Maybe even leaves them worse off than the lack of true weapon lowering in H4.
> - The shotgun always has a light on it. Sarge’s favorite weapon looks too annoying for Machinima usage.
> - No mix and match armor, although this is something they can work around. Not that big an issue.
> - Numerous theater glitches and weirdness.
>
> So… Is RvB going to have to be put on hold? I hate the thought but 343 really leaves them no choice.

RvB is typically made in the summer. 343 already promised Dev-tooled BTB maps before then.

Besides, seeing as how this season is going to be a bunch of one-off episodes rather than a story-arc, it’s likely they won’t worry so much about avoiding Forge maps.

> 2810058517507654;18:
> This is an incredibly pointless thread. RVB started in Halo CE which had absolutely no built in capture features.
>
> “- No Dev made BTB maps. RvB likes to avoid forged maps. So the most common maps seen in the series are Dev-BTB maps. Halo 5 has none.”
>
> They have always used bigger maps but not necessarily BTB maps.
>
> “- Weapon lowering has a slightly annoying weapon twitching issue. Not ideal for RvB’s standards. Maybe even leaves them worse off than the lack of true weapon lowering in H4.”
>
> This has never been an issue for them. In fact, weapon lowering wasn’t even added into the series until late Halo 3
>
> “- The shotgun always has a light on it. Sarge’s favorite weapon looks too annoying for Machinima usage.”
>
> This can easily be edited out.
>
> “- No mix and match armor, although this is something they can work around. Not that big an issue.”
>
> Not that big of an issue as you said. Also they have changed their armor multiple times in the series
>
> “- Numerous theater glitches and weirdness.”
>
> They dont even use theater most of the time, but this is a legitimate issue, considering that theater was implemented FOR machinimas and it barely works(like most of Halo 5).

Lowering weapons was here since the beginning, looking down make characters looking forward with their head but not the weapon.

The actual mechanic was in Halo 2, either by holding the left trigger or using DOWN.