Is Reach canon to Halo 4?

Chief references Halsey in one of the trailers saying “if we could just get back to Earth, Halsey could fix this,” but based on Halsey’s age in Reach wouldn’t she be dead? How many years have passed since Reach?

Yes

Reach took place in 2552, the same year as Halo 1, 2, and 3. Halsey would still be alive and well in Halo 4’s time.

Edit:

Halo 4 takes place in 2557, so only 5 years passed.

She would be around 60-70 Reach was the same year as Halo 3 so it’s only what 7 years in the future?

She will most likely be on the infinity, I myself know 100% whether she is or isn’t but i can’t say due to it being leaked content.

hypothetically, she could be dead, Chief would have no knowledge of this, it has been a while since they last sat down for tea

> Chief references Halsey in one of the trailers saying “if we could just get back to Earth, Halsey could fix this,” but based on Halsey’s age in Reach wouldn’t she be dead? How many years have passed since Reach?

So far shes alive at 2589, your point is mute.

Probably yes. Considering Chief is 40 something years old. Halsey met John, for the first time, when he was only 6. Halsey was probably early to mid thirties when she met him. Even if she is still alive, she would be like 60 something. Maybe even 70. Maybe she was in cryo sleep for a while.

> hypothetically, she could be dead, Chief would have no knowledge of this, it has been a while since they last sat down for tea

She’s not dead, she was confirmed alive in 2589 which is LONG after Halo 4

Reach is canon, the only thing reach isn’t canon to is the book fall of reach

> > hypothetically, she could be dead, Chief would have no knowledge of this, it has been a while since they last sat down for tea
>
> She’s not dead, she was confirmed alive in 2589 which is LONG after Halo 4

I know that, thats why I said hypothetically

> Reach is canon, the only thing reach isn’t canon to is the book fall of reach

There is some B.S between Fall of Reach and Halo Reach but Bungie and 343 say the games take prioity over the books.

> > Reach is canon, the only thing reach isn’t canon to is the book fall of reach
>
> There is some B.S between Fall of Reach and Halo Reach but Bungie and 343 say the games take prioity over the books.

I thought that 343i had a different canon policy?

Anyway, Halsey would still be alive and perhaps would be on Earth, since at the end of Glasslands she and Blue Team were brought back to Earth. I wouldn’t know for sure, of course, but that seems likely. She could also be on the Infinity. I think she would be on the Infinity, but I of course couldn’t say for sure.

She’s alive.

She’d be around her 60’s to 70’s, which isn’t as major in 2557 as it is today. Seargent Johnson was around that age I believe, and Admiral Parangosky is in her 90’s, still leading ONI.

Its only been 5 years since Reach fell.

One word. Cryosleep.

> > hypothetically, she could be dead, Chief would have no knowledge of this, it has been a while since they last sat down for tea
>
> She’s not dead, she was confirmed alive in 2589 which is LONG after Halo 4

There is little chance she will live that long. Where does it conform this? At the end of Reach Halsey narrates, she never said she was living.

Halo reach is canon. The books are canon. Bungie would sacrifice the integrity of the books so they could tell their unlikely story.

The datadrops 343i released address the canon disparencies.

> Halo reach is canon. The books are canon. Bungie would sacrifice the integrity of the books so they could tell their unlikely story.
>
> The datadrops 343i released address the canon disparencies.

Where can I find these data drops?

> > Chief references Halsey in one of the trailers saying “if we could just get back to Earth, Halsey could fix this,” but based on Halsey’s age in Reach wouldn’t she be dead? How many years have passed since Reach?
>
> <mark>So far shes alive at 2589,</mark> your point is mute.

That’s not confirmed at all. Her narrating a scene showing the recolonization of Reach does not mean she lived that long. She was just talking about how valuable the sacrificed of Noble Team was over a backdrop of a re-terraformed Reach.

On Topic: Halsey is in Halo 4, as has been confirmed in a script seen in one of the Halo 4 videos. Set in 2557, Halsey would be 64 when Halo 4 start.

> Halo reach is canon. The books are canon. <mark>Bungie would sacrifice the integrity of the books so they could tell their unlikely story.</mark>
>
> The datadrops 343i released address the canon disparencies.

They didn’t. They looked at the story of The Fall of Reach and wrote their story “around” it. Eric Nylund was even one of the writers for the game.

And honestly, for me, the Datadrops hurt the story more than helped.