IS REACH A SPIN OFF OR A PREQUAL??

ther has been alot of arguing on these forums on weather reach was a spinoff or a prequal, wich one was it and will they use the core gameplay mechanics from reach in halo 4? idk if wrong thread but an answer would be apreciated thanks.

It’s both, and because it’s also a spin-off, don’t expect 343 to use many core mechanics from Reach.

I don’t know why people seem to think that these two concepts are mutually exclusive.

> It’s both, and because it’s also a spin-off, don’t expect 343 to use many core mechanics from Reach.

lets hope so

The campaign is a prequel/spin-off. If it was a true prequel, it would have been centered around the Chief. Think of it like Prometheus.

> The campaign is a prequel/spin-off. If it was a true prequel, it would have been centered around the Chief. Think of it like Prometheus.

A game (or book, movie, etc.) doesn’t have to feature the same characters as another in order to qualify as a prequel; it simply needs to depict events that occur earlier than do the events of the reference game, and within the same universe.

> The campaign is a prequel/spin-off. If it was a true prequel, it would have been centered around the Chief. Think of it like Prometheus.

That’s like saying the Star Wars prequels aren’t prequels because they don’t follow Luke Skywalker.

> That’s like saying the Star Wars prequels aren’t prequels because they don’t follow Luke Skywalker.

Exactly the example I was going to use if he had pursued the point. I’m liking you more and more each day, DecepticonCobra.

It’s both. It’s a prequel to Halo CE as it is set before and events lead up to it. It’s a spin off because it explores different themes and ideas, the links to Halo CE aren’t the main focus but they are important.

It’s a spin off in gameplay as, rather than simply building upon the traditional Halo gameplay, it side steps into another style of FPS.

BOTH

SPIN OFF/PREQUAL

Halo Reach is a halo game!