Is progression too easy in Halo 5:Guardians?

I have been a long serving veteran of the Halo series, and have always enjoyed the progression grind that comes with the Halo series. Whether that is completing all of the campaign missions on LASO (Legendary, all skulls on- solo), or just playing multiplayer and hitting the high ranks, forever grinding for that one armor piece that you have you eyes set upon. The grind for loot has always been tangible and -mostly- enjoyed by the veteran community.
Halo 5: Guardians has taken a new approach to progression with the introduction of REQ packs (no in-form Master Chiefs here, noobs), which can be purchased at varying prices using your hard earned REQ points (essentially FIFA points).They come in three flavours: Gold, Silver and Bronze -there are also ‘Premium’ Warzone packs, but that’s another article in itself. Opening packs can randomly give players a varying assortment of goodies, potentially netting the lucky few with ultra-rare or even cooler, legendary items to outfit their spartans with. I was lucky enough to bag myself the ultra-rare Venator helmet from a recent Gold tier pack, however that is precisely the problem. The whole system is based on luck, and not necessarily a player’s skill or devotion, as I bagged this when I was only level 26.
I feel that rewards like the ones that I have received should be tied towards certain assignments, for example, the Venator armor set should be rewarded upon completion of the assassination assignment. Similar to the system which operated in the previous Halo games. Even in Halo: Reach, where the player was REQuired (pardon the pun) to earn credits- essentially REQ points, the completion of certain assignments was needed before your beloved armor set would be unlocked. However the rewards that the player earns from completing assignments in Halo 5 are rather pitiful and limited to an emblem and some junk you will probably just scrap in exchange for more points to buy a bag of even more junk. That is if you are not a disciple of the Church of RNGsus.
Side note: If you are already a player of Destiny then you are automatically a disciple of the Church.
As of present I am rank 36, but I am already starting to feel the grind in multiplayer like I am running out of things to do. I feel like I am trying to level up in Halo: Reach. (Hero-Legend, not fun).
Perhaps I am just a nostalgic veteran grumbling about change to the Halo universe, but I am sure that many of my fellow players are unhappy with the progression system that is currently implemented in Halo 5.
How can we change it?:
Well that’s a tough one, I certainly don’t miss the days of Reach, where there was infinite grinding for the next rank. However, I feel that the current RNG (Random number Generation) system that is in place which randomly allocates rewards to players when opening packs, is not adequate. Personally, I would make completion of assignments paramount to the unlocking of certain armor sets. Perhaps you have a 0% chance to receive the Air Assault Armor set, until you complete one of the Banshee related assignments, increasing the chance of you earning this set through packs. When all of the banshee related assignments are complete, the player is gifted the Air Assault set (Helmet and Body) in a special pack. I also feel that the number of REQ points that can be earned in Arena needs to be increased, maybe bonuses for a win streak (stackable) or for playing each game mode at least once every day. I love the Halo series. But I would hate to see the thing I love fall victim to EA’s style of progression, which usually involves money changing hands.
See you in the battlefield spartans, LGZxRaNGeRzZ

Tell me what you think about the progression system in the comments below. I’d love to hear what veterans and new players think about the changes that 343 has made, and how you think the progression system can be improved.

I wouldn’t say it’s too easy, I would just say it’s stale

Armor and weapons have lost their value, as they are random. I don’t really care for my armor, or the armor of others anymore. I used to be obsessed with gear, when gear actually meant something. The legendary weapons and vehicles are cool and all… But it’s highly unbalanced in the aquisition of them. Players are most likely to go with basically scraps for ultra rare, legendary, and mythic for most of their game. Then once they achieve a pretty large chunk of the collectables in the game, suddenly they will be up to their neck in high end gear. I played in a random Warzone assault party yesterday that consisted of a level 77, level 91, and a level 105. The 105 is nearly done with collecting, and is now just working on gold pack stuff, as he owns ALL Bronze and Silver pack items. He said that he basically is getting piles of rare and up vehicles and weapons now. Because the certifications all basically have a fairly similar drop chance. So what this means is that common and uncommon certs are gonna be way less frequent, and almost non-existent once you hit that point of the game, due to the fact that there are so many more rare and higher ‘specialty’ weapon certifications available.

So I just think it’s unbalanced to not reward players enough, until it rewards them way too much. We are eventually gonna hit a point in which large portions of the community are Basically banking on rare and higher drops in every single req pack, and Warzone will be a game mode where everyone is just running around with legendary stuff.

> 2533275000891502;3:
> I wouldn’t say it’s too easy, I would just say it’s stale
>
> Armor and weapons have lost their value, as they are random. I don’t really care for my armor, or the armor of others anymore. I used to be obsessed with gear, when gear actually meant something. The legendary weapons and vehicles are cool and all… But it’s highly unbalanced in the aquisition of them. Players are most likely to go with basically scraps for ultra rare, legendary, and mythic for most of their game. Then once they achieve a pretty large chunk of the collectables in the game, suddenly they will be up to their neck in high end gear. I played in a random Warzone assault party yesterday that consisted of a level 77, level 91, and a level 105. The 105 is nearly done with collecting, and is now just working on gold pack stuff, as he owns ALL Bronze and Silver pack items. He said that he basically is getting piles of rare and up vehicles and weapons now. Because the certifications all basically have a fairly similar drop chance. So what this means is that common and uncommon certs are gonna be way less frequent, and almost non-existent once you hit that point of the game, due to the fact that there are so many more rare and higher ‘specialty’ weapon certifications available.
>
> So I just think it’s unbalanced to not reward players enough, until it rewards them way too much. We are eventually gonna hit a point in which large portions of the community are Basically banking on rare and higher drops in every single req pack, and Warzone will be a game mode where everyone is just running around with legendary stuff.

Couldn’t agree with you more, not looking forward to the days when everyone is rocking Nornfang and Prophet’s Bane in Warzone.