Is platinum 6 good or bad?

After finishing my ranking for blitz not long ago, i receieved the rank of platinum 6. I haven’t played the game long so i dont know about the ranking system. I was wondering where about platinum 6 stands. Is it about average, above average or below average and by how much.

About average I’d think. The ranks go Bronze, Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond, Oynx, Champion.

It gave me like Platinum 5 or 6 in 2v2 Blitz when I did the placement matches, I only lost 2 of the matches and I wasn’t paired up. I bet I could have won all 10 and it still would have given me the same rank. So ranks don’t mean diddly.

> 2533274793116325;3:
> It gave me like Platinum 5 or 6 in 2v2 Blitz when I did the placement matches, I only lost 2 of the matches and I wasn’t paired up. I bet I could have won all 10 and it still would have given me the same rank. So ranks don’t mean diddly.

Nope. If you win all games during initial placement you will definitely be in at least low diamond, but likely mid-diamond.

> 2533274958100139;4:
> > 2533274793116325;3:
> > It gave me like Platinum 5 or 6 in 2v2 Blitz when I did the placement matches, I only lost 2 of the matches and I wasn’t paired up. I bet I could have won all 10 and it still would have given me the same rank. So ranks don’t mean diddly.
>
> Nope. If you win all games during initial placement you will definitely be in at least low diamond, but likely mid-diamond.

Technically placement is based off your MMR after your last placement match. It seems to be a completely linear relationship. So it is possible to win 5 and lose 5 and still be placed the same as winning all 10. It really comes down to who you win and lose against and how your MMR changes.

> 2533274802795356;5:
> > 2533274958100139;4:
> > > 2533274793116325;3:
> > > It gave me like Platinum 5 or 6 in 2v2 Blitz when I did the placement matches, I only lost 2 of the matches and I wasn’t paired up. I bet I could have won all 10 and it still would have given me the same rank. So ranks don’t mean diddly.
> >
> > Nope. If you win all games during initial placement you will definitely be in at least low diamond, but likely mid-diamond.
>
> Technically placement is based off your MMR after your last placement match. It seems to be a completely linear relationship. So it is possible to win 5 and lose 5 and still be placed the same as winning all 10. It really comes down to who you win and lose against and how your MMR changes.

Nakamura I think you’re probably wrong and half right on that. As EiTeNeR says, its based off your last season too.

I find the true skill ranking system that is used on Xbox games to be quite awful. It does the same thing on Gears of War.

You only start seeing the skill gap when you play against an Onyx Or Champion player in other game modes.

a good Onyx or champion player in general will be able to carry in 3v3 alone.

It’s meh

> 2533274958100139;4:
> > 2533274793116325;3:
> > It gave me like Platinum 5 or 6 in 2v2 Blitz when I did the placement matches, I only lost 2 of the matches and I wasn’t paired up. I bet I could have won all 10 and it still would have given me the same rank. So ranks don’t mean diddly.
>
> Nope. If you win all games during initial placement you will definitely be in at least low diamond, but likely mid-diamond.

I won all 10 and only got Plat 6, may have changed since 2018 haha