Is MLG going to use...?

The Battle Rifle or DMR as the primary weapon for competition?

I PRAY they use the Battle Rifle… I just love it and even though people are saying the DMR is going to be better I feel as if the Battle Rifle is better.

MLG should pick it instead of the DMR because it is better mid/close range and even though the DMR outpaces it long range, the BR isn’t “bad” long range… just introduces longer fire fights.

Let me know what you think, is MLG going to use the BR or DMR for Halo 4 competition in the pro’s?

I think they should use the entire sandbox to their advantage and not limit themselves to only one primary weapon

OT: If I were to choose, MLG should use the Light Rifle lolol

BR. It is simply more fluid.

> I think they should use the entire sandbox to their advantage and not limit themselves to only one primary weapon

Fair enough, switch it up?

maybe in different gametypes and maps

Carbine for CTF or Battle Rifle for Slayer

DMR for “x” and the LR for “z”

You get what I mean… I like that idea sort of, it would require pro’s to have more skill with more than one weapon.

> BR. It is simply more fluid.

Yeah it is, very fluid. The feel of it is what really has me believing it tops the DMR

DMR. It kills faster and doesn’t have spread.

> DMR. It kills faster and doesn’t have spread.

Hmm… we will have to see. I think it is weird they made the DMR better than the others

They should just bite the bullet of negative outcries and all go AR dueling!

> > DMR. It kills faster and doesn’t have spread.
>
> Hmm… we will have to see. I think it is weird they made the DMR better than the others

Quite frankly, I don’t care what is used. Just as long as we don’t have the nap-during-duel killtimes again. As of now, it seems that the DMR will be better in any situation when used by a player who can aim properly.

I had a couple of ideas:

1. Put up a couple of preset loadouts that will have either DMR as one and BR as the other.

2. A preset loadout that will have the BR and DMR as a primary and secondary, no specific order. Maybe even like in Grifball, where you get to choose either Gravity Hammer or Sword as a primary and the other as secondary.

> I had a couple of ideas:
>
> 1. Put up a couple of preset loadouts that will have either DMR as one and BR as the other.
>
> 2. A preset loadout that will have the BR and DMR as a primary and secondary, no specific order. Maybe even like in Grifball, where you get to choose either Gravity Hammer or Sword as a primary and the other as secondary.

True, I didn’t think of it that way (for a second didn’t think about the fact that we have loadouts now)

Put both, and the pro teams will probably have designated players on the team who shoot with the BR and ones who shoot with the DMR.

Sounds good to me

I think pros will stick to the dmr.

No silly, they will all be using the AR.

I’m sure they’re going to make use of the Loadout system and let the players choose.

But eventually I guess players will see advantages in one weapon and we’ll see it used more than others.

> I’m sure they’re going to make use of the Loadout system and let the players choose.
>
> But eventually I guess players will see advantages in one weapon and we’ll see it used more than others.

Yep, no time to test the game beforehand anyhow. Dallas is going to very hyped as it will be the homecoming for MLG Halo and the first chance for everyone to see the game played between pro teams before it releases.

Make Preset Loadouts.

DMR>Magnum
and
BR>Magnum.

Reach had the DMR as well as Needle Rifle right?

> They should just bite the bullet of negative outcries and all go AR dueling!

I could get behind that.

> > They should just bite the bullet of negative outcries and all go AR dueling!
>
> I could get behind that.

SAW might be the first automatic weapon to be truly viable in competitve play in a long time. It is a Power weapon but from the looks of it destroys at close range and is literally like the AR 2.0 if you get my drift.

> > > They should just bite the bullet of negative outcries and all go AR dueling!
> >
> > I could get behind that.
>
> SAW might be the first automatic weapon to be truly viable in competitve play in a long time. It is a Power weapon but from the looks of it destroys at close range and is literally like the AR 2.0 if you get my drift.

It fills a similar role to a Shotgun with it not actually being a Shotgun. If it had either one or no spare mags, it would work well.

DMR! It’s badass!