Is Microsoft Pushing for Yearly Releases?

I am not against Microsoft doing this, as I would buy every Halo that they release and I dont think its bad, but I was just woundering if I am the only one thinking this. They have been doing it since 2009 (2009- Halo Wars and Halo 3 ODST, 2010- Halo Reach, 2011- Halo Anniversary, 2012- Halo 4) and I think that Microsoft as a company and business will want to push for a 5th yearly release and mabey continue on from their. Now I am not expecting them to release Halo 5 next year but probably just side stories as Halo has done in the past. The question is do you think that Microsoft is pushing for yearly releases?

Please keep all discussions about COD and comparing the 2 (COD BO2 vs Halo 4) together out of this forum as the 2 are almost nothing alike. Thanks

Also tried to do a poll but dont know how to :stuck_out_tongue:

If they are going to push out yearly stuff similar to COD ( HA HA!)they are going to have to need two different studios working on every other game like it’s done for COD (HA HA!) cause 343 alone after years coming out with Halo 4 didnt do that well.

… COD! HA HA!

It sort of seems they are, but they seem to be focusing on providing regular spin-offs rather than ‘full’ yearly games, which is more tolerable. This is further backed up by the sort of life cycles we seem to be seeing; H4 is getting 3 map packs within 6 months of launch, for instance. In comparison, Bungie released 4 map packs over the space of about 2 years for H3.

The rumours of a H2 remake coming out next year further support this theory.

Haven’t they for a while now?

2012: Halo 4
2011: Halo CEA
2010: Halo Reach
2009:Halo ODST
(originally 2008 reschedualed for early 2009) Halo Wars
2007: Halo 3

I wish they would release a full game every 2 yrs, and rotate off shoots like H:Wars H:ODST and HD remakes to fill in the gaps. I think all the gap fillers should include maps for the current full title. Just my 2 cents.

I know I’m gonna get killed for this but I’d even welcome a Halo Kart Racer…fun for families and I have one…

NO! PLEASE NO. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I like having amazing post-launch support with one game and have an amazing new experience every 3-4 years.

> NO! PLEASE NO. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
>
> I like having amazing post-launch support with one game and have an amazing new experience every 3-4 years.

Halo 5 is pretty much going to be on the new Xbox, which is scheduled to be announced in 2013.

> Halo 5 is pretty much going to be on the new Xbox, which is scheduled to be announced in 2013.

You mean rumored to be announced.

Also, Halo is already a game a year series.

> NO! PLEASE NO. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
>
> I like having amazing post-launch support with one game and have an amazing new experience every 3-4 years.

I’m ok with 3 years, but I’m still crossing my fingers for more halo in other capacities. and by the way there is no such thing as “amazing post-launch support”…post launch support yes…but get real.

> > Halo 5 is pretty much going to be on the new Xbox, which is scheduled to be announced in 2013.
>
> You mean rumored to be announced.
>
> Also, Halo is already a game a year series.

I wouldn’t mind waiting until fall of 2014 for Halo 5.

> > > Halo 5 is pretty much going to be on the new Xbox, which is scheduled to be announced in 2013.
> >
> > You mean rumored to be announced.
> >
> > Also, Halo is already a game a year series.
>
> I wouldn’t mind waiting until fall of 2014 for Halo 5.

You’ll most likely be waiting until Fall 2015, since 343 announced months ago that the games were going to have a three-year development cycle.

ya the next halo game is going to be Halo: Reach 2

> If they are going to push out yearly stuff similar to COD ( HA HA!)they are going to have to need two different studios working on every other game like it’s done for COD (HA HA!) cause 343 alone after years coming out with Halo 4 didnt do that well.
>
> … COD! HA HA!

What about Saber Interactive? IIRC they made most of the work on Halo CEA. I wouldn’t mind them remaking Halo 2 in 2013.

> > > > Halo 5 is pretty much going to be on the new Xbox, which is scheduled to be announced in 2013.
> > >
> > > You mean rumored to be announced.
> > >
> > > Also, Halo is already a game a year series.
> >
> > I wouldn’t mind waiting until fall of 2014 for Halo 5.
>
> You’ll most likely be waiting until Fall 2015, since 343 announced months ago that the games were going to have a three-year development cycle.

If that is true, I am very happy. I thought I read some where that it would be 2 years…

> Haven’t they for a while now?
>
> 2012: Halo 4
> 2011: Halo CEA
> 2010: Halo Reach
> 2009:Halo ODST
> (originally 2008 reschedualed for early 2009) Halo Wars
> 2007: Halo 3

Very misleading considering 3 of those games were made by different studios.

But on topic, I really hope not. I will be done with the Halo series if that’s the case. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they start pushing that way.

TBH i really hope they start doing yearly releases. And I dont mean off shoots like odst or wars. I mean full numbered Halo titles.

It would allow them to hone the multiplayer to a much finer level, give improved UI, add more features etc etc. That way if one year release is poop then I can just play the game that is only a year old and still enjoy it and eagerly wait for the next year for 343’s new attempt at making the game better.

Certainly better than being stuck with a poor halo title for 3 years =/

> > If they are going to push out yearly stuff similar to COD ( HA HA!)they are going to have to need two different studios working on every other game like it’s done for COD (HA HA!) cause 343 alone after years coming out with Halo 4 didnt do that well.
> >
> > … COD! HA HA!
>
> What about Saber Interactive? IIRC they made most of the work on Halo CEA. I wouldn’t mind them remaking Halo 2 in 2013.

2013? Don’t you mean 2014 (ten years after Halo 2)?

Maybe they will make Halo 2 HD an xbox 720 launch title.

> 2013? Don’t you mean 2014 (ten years after Halo 2)?

Nah, I’d prefer 2013. I don’t need “Anniversary” in the title.