Is melee bleedthrough in the game?

Simple question, is it?

It was in the build the MLG crew played. That one also has FF off.

So…

Mebbe?

Yes.

From what I have seen YES Bleedthrough is in Halo 4

And im pumped about it

I hope not.

> It was in the build the MLG crew played. That one also has FF off.
>
> So…
>
> Mebbe?

It was? I didn’t see any instances of melee bleedthrough in those playthroughs.

> > It was in the build the MLG crew played. That one also has FF off.
> >
> > So…
> >
> > Mebbe?
>
> It was? I didn’t see any instances of melee bleedthrough in those playthroughs.

I’d have to rewatch every pro video from E3, but there was this one instance where a player had about 1/4 shield left, got punched, and died.

When asked, the pros said that there was bleed.

It seems to be the case.

Unfortunately it also seems like we still have a god-awful 60/40 health system that encourages spray-melee deathcharge.

Bleedthrough is a good thing because it ensures all forms of damage play by the same rules. One of the issues with Reach is that power weapons and grenades have a much larger advantage over normal weapon because suddenly they don’t play by the same rules and that gives them a much larger advantage than they would normally would.

Bottom Line: Bleedthrough is good, 60/40 is terrible.

Wait till November 6.

Seems so from the looks of it. which makes me very happy.

when Bleedthrough was in Halo Reach for the very short time, it was the most enjoyable time I ever had in Halo Reach Matchmaking. so yes, I am very glad Bleedthrough is in Halo 4.

> It seems to be the case.
>
> Unfortunately it also seems like we still have a god-awful 60/40 health system that encourages spray-melee deathcharge.
>
> Bleedthrough is a good thing because it ensures all forms of damage play by the same rules. One of the issues with Reach is that power weapons and grenades have a much larger advantage over normal weapon because suddenly they don’t play by the same rules and that gives them a much larger advantage than they would normally would.
>
> Bottom Line: Bleedthrough is good, 60/40 is terrible.

With bleedthrough, power weapons don’t play by the same rules? You mean no bleed, right? Where they still bleed through?

Halo has always had an uneven shield/health system with melees. In CE, which split the two 75/75, melees would still do more damage to health than shield.

The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the BR killed too slow in that game. With a fast kill time, you can just kill an enemy before they can reach you. Making the automatics a bit more viable in close range, and reducing melee lunge helps. The problem with no bleed is that where one would “spray, spray, spray, melee” up close, it is just “melee, melee,” since running at an opponent while sponging damage is rewarded, and shooting up close is not. Reducing the threshold where a melee would kill helps, too. Instead of 50% shield left before a melee kills, 20% shield left would work much better. More damage needs to be delt before a melee earns a kill.

I hope so, I hated Reach’s melee system.

> The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the AR killed too slow in that game.

Fixed.

I certainly hope so!

> > The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the AR killed too slow in that game.
>
> Fixed.

That, too. They both killed too slow. The BR couldn’t kill before the AR could get in melee range, and the AR was only usable as a club.

> > > The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the AR killed too slow in that game.
> >
> > Fixed.
>
> That, too. They both killed too slow. The BR couldn’t kill before the AR could get in melee range, and the AR was only usable as a club.

Halo 3 AR is the human melee weapon.

> > It seems to be the case.
> >
> > Unfortunately it also seems like we still have a god-awful 60/40 health system that encourages spray-melee deathcharge.
> >
> > Bleedthrough is a good thing because it ensures all forms of damage play by the same rules. One of the issues with Reach is that power weapons and grenades have a much larger advantage over normal weapon because suddenly they don’t play by the same rules and that gives them a much larger advantage than they would normally would.
> >
> > Bottom Line: Bleedthrough is good, 60/40 is terrible.
>
> With bleedthrough, power weapons don’t play by the same rules? You mean no bleed, right? Where they still bleed through?
>
> Halo has always had an uneven shield/health system with melees. In CE, which split the two 75/75, melees would still do more damage to health than shield.
>
> The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the BR killed too slow in that game. With a fast kill time, you can just kill an enemy before they can reach you. Making the automatics a bit more viable in close range, and reducing melee lunge helps. The problem with no bleed is that where one would “spray, spray, spray, melee” up close, it is just “melee, melee,” since running at an opponent while sponging damage is rewarded, and shooting up close is not. Reducing the threshold where a melee would kill helps, too. Instead of 50% shield left before a melee kills, 20% shield left would work much better. More damage needs to be delt before a melee earns a kill.

Don’t get me wrong I want bleedthrough. I also want a 2 hit kill melee system.The CE system would be preferable for two reasons. a 50/50 health split ensures a better balance with grenades as well as the balance between energy and projectile weapons. The second reason is that if melee is affected by damage modifiers for health and melee it is easier(for the developers and gametypes if we had the option) to adjust the melee. There is only so much you can do with then 60/40 system before we end up with a 3 hit melee while I would still prefer a 2HK.

Ideally I would still like to see a 50/50 system where melee does an unmodified melee that does 50 damage so you still have to drop shields before you can get a OHK melee to the front. Encouraging gunplay while still providing a solid melee. Faster kill times would limit slower kill times for the spray melee while also encouraging gunplay in CQC as it should be easier to drop someone who is trying to engage you with melees only/

> > > > The AR deathcharge only worked in Halo 3 because the AR killed too slow in that game.
> > >
> > > Fixed.
> >
> > That, too. They both killed too slow. The BR couldn’t kill before the AR could get in melee range, and the AR was only usable as a club.
>
> Halo 3 AR is the human melee weapon.

And the Spiker was another Covenant melee weapon.
And the Mauler.
And the Plasma Pistol.
And the Plasma Rifle.
But not the Sword, that was a viable mid-range weapon.

>

The issue with what you described practically makes bleedthrough meaningless. Since full health regeneration is back, you will never have low enough health to die to a melee unless your shields are fully popped. Unless you are running around with an automatic weapon at all times, your shots will be practically negated.

Bleedthrough melee does work with a 60/40 split, and has in Halo CE and Halo 2. Halo 3’s melee system spoiled it for many, but a melee system in which you can still get the kill when a player has about 20-30% shields left rewards shooting in close quarters, and doesn’t negate shots as much. Having 50/50 perfect with regenerating health essentially negates having bleed at all.

> >
>
> The issue with what you described practically makes bleedthrough meaningless. Since full health regeneration is back, you will never have low enough health to die to a melee unless your shields are fully popped. Unless you are running around with an automatic weapon at all times, your shots will be practically negated.
>
> Bleedthrough melee does work with a 60/40 split, and has in Halo CE and Halo 2. Halo 3’s melee system spoiled it for many, but a melee system in which you can still get the kill when a player has about 20-30% shields left rewards shooting in close quarters, and doesn’t negate shots as much. Having 50/50 perfect with regenerating health essentially negates having bleed at all.

If we can actually achieve the 20-30% than I would not mind as much. I don’t want to see the AR, Storm Rifle, etc turn into clubs like they have in the past. In Halo 3 and Reach TU(100% melee) the conversation with non-headshot weapons was “how do I use this weapon in CQC until I can melee” rather than “How MIGHT I use melee to impact my CQC fight” I shouldn’t feel like I am limiting myself by having the shear audacity to want to kill someone by firing my weapon rather than relying on melee to be effective

Making the danger zone smaller for OHK melee like you described as well as faster kill times would still go a long way towards making general MM a more enjoyable venue.