Is it wrong to use turrets?

In Spartan Ops is it frowned upon to use the turret to kill the enmy or something. Two games in a row, while playing Spartan Ops, Ep. 5 Ch.1, one of my “teammates” would either use a rocket launcher or stick me with a grenade while I am using the turret. I thought Spartan Ops was co-op. Am I wrong?

Nope the guys were just annoying you

I find the turrets to be extremely ineffective. It can take what seems to be several hundred rounds to take down something as weak as a crawler, but I can one shot 'em with a DMR. Makes no sense.

> In Spartan Ops is it frowned upon to use the turret to kill the enmy or something. Two games in a row, while playing Spartan Ops, Ep. 5 Ch.1, one of my “teammates” would either use a rocket launcher or stick me with a grenade while I am using the turret. I thought Spartan Ops was co-op. Am I wrong?

They are just being -Yoink-.

They do not understand co-op, they don’t understand team. They are just mad that the person on the turret most of the time gets the most kills.

-Yoinks!- abound

Just sounds like you were playing with infants to be honest. If the weapon is available for you to use then you can use it, simple as.

> In Spartan Ops is it frowned upon to use the turret to kill the enmy or something. Two games in a row, while playing Spartan Ops, Ep. 5 Ch.1, one of my “teammates” would either use a rocket launcher or stick me with a grenade while I am using the turret. I thought Spartan Ops was co-op. Am I wrong?

Dude, 117th Commandment: “Thou shalt not wield the turret.”

> -Yoinks!- abound

Ha! Apparently, “-Yoink-” (singular) is offensive, but “-Yoinks!-” (plural) is not. Frankly, I’m usually much more offended by multiple -Yoinks!- than by just one.

Also, keep on using that turret, OP. It’s loads of fun if you don’t accidentally detach it.

> I find the turrets to be extremely ineffective. It can take what seems to be several hundred rounds to take down something as weak as a crawler, but I can one shot 'em with a DMR. Makes no sense.

It is because the netcoding sucks -Yoink- and when you have a 1 second delay, those headshots aren’t as easy to pull off anymore.

When the game starts lagging, a fully automatic weapon starts looking pretty good.

> > -Yoinks!- abound
>
> Ha! Apparently, “-Yoink!-” (singular) is offensive, but “-Yoinks!-” (plural) is not. Frankly, I’m usually much more offended by multiple -Yoinks!- than by just one.
>
> Also, keep on using that turret, OP. It’s loads of fun if you don’t accidentally detach it.

I’ve been in games where everyone else on my team is more interested in killing each other than killing the other team. at one point the blue team just kinda hung back, watched, and popped people when their shields went down.

It was embarrassing.

Nah, they are just killing ya. use it or not, they will kill you.

They don’t want you to get “their” kills.

Spartan Ops is SO ANNOYING when your teammates destroy your mantis or your turret or your wraith or your ghost or…

They’re just D-bags and I honestly wish there was an option to vote to kick people from a game.

Dont worry about them OP. just keep racking up kills. most users who use the turret (if they know what theyre doing) can dominate the field and take all the kills from other users. rather than letting you take all the kills with the turret they will just destroy it so you are limited to 200 rounds of ammo. use the turret for as long as you can and have fun…

> I find the turrets to be extremely ineffective. It can take what seems to be several hundred rounds to take down something as weak as a crawler, but I can one shot 'em with a DMR. Makes no sense.

in this mission of spartan ops the turret is the single best weapon to have. while you can headshot crawlers, the turret is more effective overall than any rifle. and thats not even including the fact that you have unlimited ammo. the trick for crawlers is to still try to aim the turret at their heads if you can… even though the turret is mostly all about overwhelming brute force, it doesnt hurt to use a bit of strategy

> > In Spartan Ops is it frowned upon to use the turret to kill the enmy or something. Two games in a row, while playing Spartan Ops, Ep. 5 Ch.1, one of my “teammates” would either use a rocket launcher or stick me with a grenade while I am using the turret. I thought Spartan Ops was co-op. Am I wrong?
>
> They are just being Yoink!.
>
> They do not understand co-op, they don’t understand team. They are just mad that the person on the turret most of the time gets the most kills.

Agreed.

As they see your kill count increase they need to sabotage a teammate in order to feel good about themselves.

I have seen all manner of stupidity.

Team mates blowing up all turrets before the Knights come in Ep 5 Chapter 3…

Silly…