Is it the game? Or the controller?

So I have been playing Halo 5 for only 2 months now. I have began to notice that when I am in fights I tend to move slower no matter how fast or hard I press the buttons. I get that this might be irrelevant to most people but I have a very quick reaction time so I’m not sure if I need a new controller (My controller is 3 years old but in good condition) or if the game just can’t process my movement. If this isn’t true can someone give me a suggestion for sensitivity? I’m currently using this: 2 Horizontal, 3 Vertical, and 3 Look Acceleration. Anything helps!
Unity
JakeisCake04

What’s your deadzones at? If you feel like you’re moving too slow try throwing those bad boys at 0.

Also looking at your speeds those are pretty “slow” in this game. The best thing you could do is raise it higher. I personally play at a 4 and even then when I’m in a 1v1 up close I still feel a bit slow at times. But I prefer playing longer ranged so that’s why I stick with it.

> 2535462450434439;2:
> What’s your deadzones at? If you feel like you’re moving too slow try throwing those bad boys at 0.
>
> Also looking at your speeds those are pretty “slow” in this game. The best thing you could do is raise it higher. I personally play at a 4 and even then when I’m in a 1v1 up close I still feel a bit slow at times. But I prefer playing longer ranged so that’s why I stick with it.

Thanks man!

I use 2 look sense and 2 acceleration. Some people say that’s low, but to me it’s perfect for how I play. It understandably is low though, but it allows me to have really good accuracy once I’m warmed up. People I’ve played with that have struggled with accuracy always have their settings to high for how they use their sticks. They say lowering it makes them feel to slow…but what’s better? Being slower but more accurate? Or being faster but not being able to win engagements cause your reticle is flying all over the place?

Some people have amazing stick control and can play at high settings. It all depends how you feel after allowing yourself to adjust to the new settings. Don’t go back and forth each match if you try new settings. That can make things worse.

I also have weird DZ settings, but for me they’re necessary for how I use the sticks. Also, what do you mean strafe speed? To answer your question though…this game does no hinder movement during scoping (ADS) in. So you should never feel a slow in movment. What you will feel though, is your reticle slow down and turn Red when on a target. You will feel it slightly stick to enemies. This all has to do with aim assist, magnetism etc.(I know this is all obvious stuff you probably already know, but it does factor in when the game is providing unwanted help. Like when 2 enemies cross paths and the dude your aiming at is replaced by the other enemy and your reticle is being dragged to the unwanted player)

I feel that the best players basically have mastered how much effort to put in to their aim. The game helps you, and a lot of your aim will actually come from your left stick, strafing and lining up your shots with the right stick making small adjustments and pre aiming. I’m not an elite player by no means, but I’ve went from potato aim to having a decent shot. These are things that have helped me out.

Lastly, sorry to make thing even longer…but if you find none of this works, and somehow you just feel a delay within your input registery…you must look into stuff like your tv/monitors input delay, The TV settings that may cause an input delay (some tvs have a gaming mode setting), your network diagnostic settings latency, if there’s packet loss or not, if your controller is wired or wireless etc. hopefully something helps you out. Raising your settings should boost your speed, but not your input response time unless you have your stick dead zones set to require to much input before registering.

> 2533274842046585;4:
> I use 2 look sense and 2 acceleration. Some people say that’s low, but to me it’s perfect for how I play. It understandably is low though, but it allows me to have really good accuracy once I’m warmed up. People I’ve played with that have struggled with accuracy always have their settings to high for how they use their sticks. They say lowering it makes them feel to slow…but what’s better? Being slower but more accurate? Or being faster but not being able to win engagements cause your reticle is flying all over the place?
>
> Some people have amazing stick control and can play at high settings. It all depends how you feel after allowing yourself to adjust to the new settings. Don’t go back and forth each match if you try new settings. That can make things worse.
>
> I also have weird DZ settings, but for me they’re necessary for how I use the sticks. Also, what do you mean strafe speed? To answer your question though…this game does no hinder movement during scoping (ADS) in. So you should never feel a slow in movment. What you will feel though, is your reticle slow down and turn Red when on a target. You will feel it slightly stick to enemies. This all has to do with aim assist, magnetism etc.(I know this is all obvious stuff you probably already know, but it does factor in when the game is providing unwanted help. Like when 2 enemies cross paths and the dude your aiming at is replaced by the other enemy and your reticle is being dragged to the unwanted player)
>
> I feel that the best players basically have mastered how much effort to put in to their aim. The game helps you, and a lot of your aim will actually come from your left stick, strafing and lining up your shots with the right stick making small adjustments and pre aiming. I’m not an elite player by no means, but I’ve went from potato aim to having a decent shot. These are things that have helped me out.
>
> Lastly, sorry to make thing even longer…but if you find none of this works, and somehow you just feel a delay within your input registery…you must look into stuff like your tv/monitors input delay, The TV settings that may cause an input delay (some tvs have a gaming mode setting), your network diagnostic settings latency, if there’s packet loss or not, if your controller is wired or wireless etc. hopefully something helps you out. Raising your settings should boost your speed, but not your input response time unless you have your stick dead zones set to require to much input before registering.

Sorry about that, I was getting mixed up with the Custom Games settings, because in CG you can set a certain strafe speed. I have a certain sens set now: 3 horizontal, 3.5 vertical, and 3 look acceleration. my stick dead zones have been adjusted as well. Thanks for all this info guys!

unpopular opinion but personally with quick reactions like yourself go max 10 vertical 10 horizontal and 5 look accel this will increase the speeed when your joystick gets near the edge

> 2535467938018614;6:
> unpopular opinion but personally with quick reactions like yourself go max 10 vertical 10 horizontal and 5 look accel this will increase the speeed when your joystick gets near the edge

With that unpopular opinion, I don’t think it’s unpopular. People have different preferences. Thanks for this info, mate!

> 2535408043265663;7:
> > 2535467938018614;6:
> > unpopular opinion but personally with quick reactions like yourself go max 10 vertical 10 horizontal and 5 look accel this will increase the speeed when your joystick gets near the edge
>
> With that unpopular opinion, I don’t think it’s unpopular. People have different preferences. Thanks for this info, mate!

np people say its too high

> 2535467938018614;8:
> > 2535408043265663;7:
> > > 2535467938018614;6:
> > > unpopular opinion but personally with quick reactions like yourself go max 10 vertical 10 horizontal and 5 look accel this will increase the speeed when your joystick gets near the edge
> >
> > With that unpopular opinion, I don’t think it’s unpopular. People have different preferences. Thanks for this info, mate!
>
> np people say its too high

Like I said, preferences are key

> 2533274842046585;4:
> I use 2 look sense and 2 acceleration. Some people say that’s low, but to me it’s perfect for how I play. It understandably is low though, but it allows me to have really good accuracy once I’m warmed up. People I’ve played with that have struggled with accuracy always have their settings to high for how they use their sticks. They say lowering it makes them feel to slow…but what’s better? Being slower but more accurate? Or being faster but not being able to win engagements cause your reticle is flying all over the place?
>
> Some people have amazing stick control and can play at high settings. It all depends how you feel after allowing yourself to adjust to the new settings. Don’t go back and forth each match if you try new settings. That can make things worse.
>
> I also have weird DZ settings, but for me they’re necessary for how I use the sticks. Also, what do you mean strafe speed? To answer your question though…this game does no hinder movement during scoping (ADS) in. So you should never feel a slow in movment. What you will feel though, is your reticle slow down and turn Red when on a target. You will feel it slightly stick to enemies. This all has to do with aim assist, magnetism etc.(I know this is all obvious stuff you probably already know, but it does factor in when the game is providing unwanted help. Like when 2 enemies cross paths and the dude your aiming at is replaced by the other enemy and your reticle is being dragged to the unwanted player)
>
> I feel that the best players basically have mastered how much effort to put in to their aim. The game helps you, and a lot of your aim will actually come from your left stick, strafing and lining up your shots with the right stick making small adjustments and pre aiming. I’m not an elite player by no means, but I’ve went from potato aim to having a decent shot. These are things that have helped me out.
>
> Lastly, sorry to make thing even longer…but if you find none of this works, and somehow you just feel a delay within your input registery…you must look into stuff like your tv/monitors input delay, The TV settings that may cause an input delay (some tvs have a gaming mode setting), your network diagnostic settings latency, if there’s packet loss or not, if your controller is wired or wireless etc. hopefully something helps you out. Raising your settings should boost your speed, but not your input response time unless you have your stick dead zones set to require to much input before registering.

I needed this information, thanks man!

I play 1 vertical, 1.5 horizontal, 1 acceleration. This is slow sometimes and fast other times. My deadzones are at 0% so try that.

I play 5 vertical, horizontal and acceleration. This is good for my playstyle

increase your sense/accel until you find one that feels good to you, try pressing start (twice) during matches every so often, open all your req packs if you havent already.

> 2535408043265663;1:
> So I have been playing Halo 5 for only 2 months now. I have began to notice that when I am in fights I tend to move slower no matter how fast or hard I press the buttons. I get that this might be irrelevant to most people but I have a very quick reaction time so I’m not sure if I need a new controller (My controller is 3 years old but in good condition) or if the game just can’t process my movement. If this isn’t true can someone give me a suggestion for sensitivity? I’m currently using this: 2 Horizontal, 3 Vertical, and 3 Look Acceleration. Anything helps!
> UnityJakeisCake04

If I were you I would bump on the Horizontal aiming speed, 3, 3, 3, is what I use and it works perfectly. Also check your deadzones, put them down to 0 and 0 and check if your cursor moves on it’s own, if it does then bump them up by the smallest amount as possible.

I hope this helps,

> 2533274883108544;14:
> > 2535408043265663;1:
> > So I have been playing Halo 5 for only 2 months now. I have began to notice that when I am in fights I tend to move slower no matter how fast or hard I press the buttons. I get that this might be irrelevant to most people but I have a very quick reaction time so I’m not sure if I need a new controller (My controller is 3 years old but in good condition) or if the game just can’t process my movement. If this isn’t true can someone give me a suggestion for sensitivity? I’m currently using this: 2 Horizontal, 3 Vertical, and 3 Look Acceleration. Anything helps!
> > UnityJakeisCake04
>
> If I were you I would bump on the Horizontal aiming speed, 3, 3, 3, is what I use and it works perfectly. Also check your deadzones, put them down to 0 and 0 and check if your cursor moves on it’s own, if it does then bump them up by the smallest amount as possible.
>
> I hope this helps,

Thanks Connor!

> 2535467369908387;13:
> increase your sense/accel until you find one that feels good to you, try pressing start (twice) during matches every so often, open all your req packs if you havent already.

Okay thanks!

Hmm maybe it’s your sensitivity like everyone else is saying. I play on 10 sense so lol i don’t know how slow it’s going for you.