Is it possible to recover my lost screenshots?

A long long time ago, I was trying to clear space on my hard drive, and i decided i would delete all of my halo 3 maps. Bad idea, well, not because it deleted my maps,

But because when i went to Halo 3 in Hard Drive and Deleted the whole game and everything in it, which i suspected would be a saved game and maps, I Totally forgot about my screenshots.

My halo 3 screenshots are a big memory to me, and when i realized i lost them today it felt like i lost a family photobook.
Their is a program called Recuva Made for the PC so if you permanently delete a file from your hard disk, it can somehow be recovered.

Is their a way to do this with the Xbox 360 HD? I probably need to get into Xsata to do all of this, and I am willing to do so, but before i go out and buy one, Can someone with experience tell me if this is even possible? and how will I be able to attempt to recover my files if it is?

> A long long time ago, I was trying to clear space on my hard drive, and i decided i would delete all of my halo 3 maps. Bad idea, well, not because it deleted my maps,
>
> But because when i went to Halo 3 in Hard Drive and Deleted the whole game and everything in it, which i suspected would be a saved game and maps, I Totally forgot about my screenshots.
>
> My halo 3 screenshots are a big memory to me, and when i realized i lost them today it felt like i lost a family photobook.
> Their is a program called Recuva Made for the PC so if you permanently delete a file from your hard disk, it can somehow be recovered.
>
> Is their a way to do this with the Xbox 360 HD? I probably need to get into Xsata to do all of this, and I am willing to do so, but before i go out and buy one, Can someone with experience tell me if this is even possible? and how will I be able to attempt to recover my files if it is?

It’s theoretically possible. I’m not sure how much I am allowed to discuss things like this but since the harddrive on the old xboxes are just laptop-harddrives in a plastic shell with a special connector the same rules applies to it as any other harddrive.

If you can do it with xsata, I don’t know. I have one myself and I would gladly try but I’m pretty sure it would break a few paragraphs in the EULA so I’m stuck I’m afraid.

Wait what?
Xsata’s are against the license agreement? I thought modding was but using one for the pure joy of nostalgia?

eh I’ll just go with it. REMEMBER KIDS, PEOPLE WHO USE XSATAS USUALLY DIE OF A BROKEN HEART LOLWTF!

> Wait what?
> Xsata’s are against the license agreement? I thought modding was but using one for the pure joy of nostalgia?
>
> eh I’ll just go with it. REMEMBER KIDS, PEOPLE WHO USE XSATAS USUALLY DIE!

The EULA covers a lot of things, I’ll tell you that. I’m fairly certain messing around with the harddrive (which is what you are doing, since you are using an external device to make the system perform differently) is prohibited.

In any case, messing with the xbox 360 system is covered in the EULA, and that coverage is extensive.

[EDIT] “Do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.”

Well, a slap on the finger for me then.

> > Wait what?
> > Xsata’s are against the license agreement? I thought modding was but using one for the pure joy of nostalgia?
> >
> > eh I’ll just go with it. REMEMBER KIDS, PEOPLE WHO USE XSATAS USUALLY DIE!
>
> The EULA covers a lot of things, I’ll tell you that. I’m fairly certain messing around with the harddrive (which is what you are doing, since you are using an external device to make the system perform differently) is prohibited.
>
> In any case, messing with the xbox 360 system is covered in the EULA, and that coverage is extensive.
>
> [EDIT] “Do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.”
>
> Well, a slap on the finger for me then.

Im a naughty boy