Is it possible to add weapons and vehicles to the game?

I’ve been wondering for a long time whether its actually possible for a game developer to add weapons or vehicles to the multiplayer section of a game post-launch. I know it can be done on PC but as far as I know its unheard of on consoles without the introduction of a new separate section such as Battlefield Bad Company 2’s Vietnam Expansion.

If they can this might be a good way to bring some halo favourites back from other games such as; the locust (Halo Wars), the flamethrower (Halo 3, Halo CE PC version) and of course, the BR, Carbine, Beam Rifle, SMG, etc. (Just a thought)

What about new armour permutations? Or old ones like Hayubusa.

Perhaps these could be done via compulsory ‘title updates.’

Any thoughts?

It’s not ment to be possible to add new content to the existing maps (it’s a long story; involving the actual files that make up the maps needing to have the content; that is going to be on the map; programmed into it; and the map file being locked and un-editable in the finished game), but there’s images of new armour (almost every image of the new map pack features it), so it may be a case of never say never.

As for weapons and vehicles; I doubt we’ll see anything brand new, specially not weapons.
I know I’ll be disappointed; but I’m still hoping for a mutliplayer playlist of space warfare: Saber Vs. Seraph.

> It’s not ment to be possible to add new content to the existing maps (it’s a long story; involving the actual files that make up the maps needing to have the content; that is going to be on the map; programmed into it; and the map file being locked and un-editable in the finished game), but there’s images of new armour (almost every image of the new map pack features it), so it may be a case of never say never.
>
> As for weapons and vehicles; I doubt we’ll see anything brand new, specially not weapons.
> I know I’ll be disappointed; but I’m still hoping for a mutliplayer playlist of space warfare: Saber Vs. Seraph.

Well technically anything can be added to the game. It would just require so much work and such a massive title update for the game that it wouldn’t be worth it. It’d be about a 1GB file for every little thing added at least. Would you want that much space taken up on your HDD just for a new gun to be implemented into all the older maps? They wouldn’t be able to get enough people to justify the cost of something like this. So chances are it won’t happen. They might put new stuff into new maps though. You never know …

The easy way: Yes, but only on new maps.

The hard way: They would have to make an update to every single map and you would have to download it. It would probably take a lot of time for them to make, and take up a lot of memory on your xbox. Bungie regarded it as not economically feasible because of this.

> The easy way: Yes, but only on new maps.
>
> The hard way: They would have to make an update to every single map and you would have to download it. It would probably take a lot of time for them to make, and take up a lot of memory on your xbox. Bungie regarded it as not economically feasible because of this.

Thanks for repeating my post in simplistic form.