Is it possible to add this?

As a custom option, is it possible to be able to turn off the HUD? I can think of a lot of cool things that could be done with this.

> As a custom option, is it possible to be able to turn off the HUD? I can think of a lot of cool things that could be done with this.

uhh not sure. In all honesty if its not already in, nothing more can be added. They are pretty close to finishing the game and shipping it. Why would you want the HUD shut off?

Ever heard of the Blind skull in campaign? Of course it’s possible to add it in, but I doubt 343 would do it. It’d be sort of pointless and no one would use that feature. I don’t think it’s fun not being able to see where I’m shooting, shield health, ammo, etc.

if you wanna turn off the hud you would need to use the blind skull it completely turns off user interface along with your weapon

Depends.

Reach’s Megalo could hide all of a HUD, but that included first-person arms.

If Halo 4 uses Megalo, and if Megalo’s control over HUD widgets has been increased, then hiding the HUD would be possible through script, and hence could be added as a gametype option post-release. But those are some hefty "if"s.