is it me or the pistol op?

the pistol just seems to op, it feels like most of the other weapons just lay around the map. Rarely anybody picks up the br or dmr anymore. The only weapons ppl pick up are power weapons. The pistol needs to have a shorter range.

lol nah man. The DMR and BR are way better than the pistol. And the carbine is too, but people really dont use it for some reason.

Do you have any evidence of the claim? Cuz in my experience in FFA, team arena and doubles this isnt the case.

The pistol is only op if used with care and if player is capable of headshotting. I think the battle rifle is better.

BR is way better than a pistol in my experience.
I’m not fantastic with the DMR, so I wouldn’t be best to judge about how good that is in relevance to the pistol. I do know that it’s really good on big maps when comparing it to the pistol.

> 2533274838246015;2:
> lol nah man. The DMR and BR are way better than the pistol. And the carbine is too, but people really dont use it for some reason.
>
> Do you have any evidence of the claim? Cuz in my experience in FFA, team arena and doubles this isnt the case.

I play mostly slayer, and it seems every match is dominated with the pistol. I pick up the dmr and br. But it makes for a very boring match with just the pistol being used so much

It’s just you OP
sorry

> 2533274874078365;4:
> BR is way better than a pistol in my experience.
> I’m not fantastic with the DMR, so I wouldn’t be best to judge about how good that is in relevance to the pistol. I do know that it’s really good on big maps when comparing it to the pistol.

I agree, the dmr is great with bigger maps, it just seems a pistol shouldn’t kill somebody across a map like truth or any arena map for the matter.

> 2533274832130936;6:
> It’s just you OP
> sorry

its to dominating

If you’re experienced with it, the pistol can be an amazing weapon. To be honest, I use it most of the time. That’s with a lot of practice and patience to be able to wield it and use it well from a distance.
It’s not overpowered when someone refuses to take the time to learn to use it, figure out the trigger timing, or is bad at aiming. Not saying that you are OP, just stating facts.
Every weapon has great potential when you practice and take time to understand when you should pull out a SMG, or when it’s more beneficial to use a BR.
Pistol is very versatile though, you can use at close range, you can use it at far range.

> 2533274992934015;8:
> > 2533274832130936;6:
> > It’s just you OP
> > sorry
>
>
> its to dominating

How?
its a 5sk with a low ROF that is out classed by autos in close which have smaller TTKs and out done at longer ranges by the BR and DMR

Its the utility weapon in H5
its strong enough that you can defend yourself off spawn against ranged weapons and strong enough to defend against automatic weapons that got significant buffs from previous halo titles but not strong enough that you don’t drop it for a BR or DMR when you can

if anything the pistol needs to be buffed to a 4sk

> 2533274832130936;10:
> > 2533274992934015;8:
> > > 2533274832130936;6:
> > >
>
>
> if anything the pistol needs to be buffed to a 4sk

Absolutely not.

> 2533274833569045;11:
> > 2533274832130936;10:
> > > 2533274992934015;8:
> > > > 2533274832130936;6:
> > > >
> >
> >
> > if anything the pistol needs to be buffed to a 4sk
>
>
> Absolutely not.

Any particular reason why
or is this one of those “just because” arguments

> 2533274832130936;12:
> > 2533274833569045;11:
> > > 2533274832130936;10:
> > > > 2533274992934015;8:
> > > > > 2533274832130936;6:
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > if anything the pistol needs to be buffed to a 4sk
> >
> >
> > Absolutely not.
>
>
> Any particular reason why
> or is this one of those “just because” arguments

It would make every other gun obsolete and totally throw the entire weapon sandbox out of balance.

Or it would simply push autos back into their niche

the BR and DMR would not be obsolete because they both operate and function better at longer ranges than the pistol
autos would be pushed back into their niche turning them back into the ambush weapon they are meant to be instead of the current spray pray win weapons they currently are

this wouldn’t make the sandbox unbalanced it would make it more balanced and competitive
at least in my opinion

Idk where all this talk about autos being op comes from.
I never lose to autos when I have a precision weapon.
If anything they are easy kills as I jump backwards and keep hitting them in the head.

> 2533274832130936;14:
> Or it would simply push autos back into their niche
>
> the BR and DMR would not be obsolete because they both operate and function better at longer ranges than the pistol
> autos would be pushed back into their niche turning them back into the ambush weapon they are meant to be instead of the current spray pray win weapons they currently are
>
> this wouldn’t make the sandbox unbalanced it would make it more balanced and competitive
> at least in my opinion

> 2533274833569045;15:
> Idk where all this talk about autos being op comes from.
> I never lose to autos when I have a precision weapon.
> If anything they are easy kills as I jump backwards and keep hitting them in the head.
>
>
> > 2533274832130936;14:
> > Or it would simply push autos back into their niche
> >
> > the BR and DMR would not be obsolete because they both operate and function better at longer ranges than the pistol
> > autos would be pushed back into their niche turning them back into the ambush weapon they are meant to be instead of the current spray pray win weapons they currently are
> >
> > this wouldn’t make the sandbox unbalanced it would make it more balanced and competitive
> > at least in my opinion

I never said autos were OP
What I did say is that they have been buffed significantly from past halo games (which they have) and these buffs have pushed autos out of their niche to where they start bleeding into the ranges that precision weapons should be winning battles at over autos
changes to the autos range power and accuracy and then the bonus’ that the autos receive while in smart scope such as a longer RRR tighter bullet spread and headshot multipler have caused them to preform a little too well outside of their intended range (at least again, in my opinion)
making the pistol a 4sk moves the autos back to their niche ambush weapon role because you’re a lot less likely to AR bum rush someone if the pistol is slightly more powerful

> 2533274833569045;15:
> Idk where all this talk about autos being op comes from.
> I never lose to autos when I have a precision weapon.
> If anything they are easy kills as I jump backwards and keep hitting them in the head.
>
>
> > 2533274832130936;14:
> > Or it would simply push autos back into their niche
> >
> > the BR and DMR would not be obsolete because they both operate and function better at longer ranges than the pistol
> > autos would be pushed back into their niche turning them back into the ambush weapon they are meant to be instead of the current spray pray win weapons they currently are
> >
> > this wouldn’t make the sandbox unbalanced it would make it more balanced and competitive
> > at least in my opinion

I agree if I catch an automatic user and im using a precision, I thrust backwards so their automatic misses more.

> 2533274832130936;16:
> > 2533274833569045;15:
> > Idk where all this talk about autos being op comes from.
> > I never lose to autos when I have a precision weapon.
> > If anything they are easy kills as I jump backwards and keep hitting them in the head.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274832130936;14:
> > > Or it would simply push autos back into their niche
> > >
> > > the BR and DMR would not be obsolete because they both operate and function better at longer ranges than the pistol
> > > autos would be pushed back into their niche turning them back into the ambush weapon they are meant to be instead of the current spray pray win weapons they currently are
> > >
> > > this wouldn’t make the sandbox unbalanced it would make it more balanced and competitive
> > > at least in my opinion
>
>
> I never said autos were OP
> What I did say is that they have been buffed significantly from past halo games (which they have) and these buffs have pushed autos out of their niche to where they start bleeding into the ranges that precision weapons should be winning battles at over autos
> changes to the autos range power and accuracy and then the bonus’ that the autos receive while in smart scope such as a longer RRR tighter bullet spread and headshot multipler have caused them to preform a little too well outside of their intended range (at least again, in my opinion)
> making the pistol a 4sk moves the autos back to their niche ambush weapon role because you’re a lot less likely to AR bum rush someone if the pistol is slightly more powerful

The autos are better in this Halo and I think it’s a good thing. They were useless in the other games.

A 4sk pistol would make basically make the BR obsolete and the dmr only good at long range. As the pistol would dominate all close and medium range combat.

Power weapons would become less useful and ghosts and warthogs would get shredded even more.

I think it maybe you. The pistol fills it’s roll perfectly IMO.

Its only as good as its wielder. It lacks any bullet magnetism, has relatively low aim assist, short assist range, and fires slow enough that a missed shot could mean death.