Is it me or do automatic weapons suck now?

I understand that auto aim was decreased, but I still find them weaker than before. I just keep getting owned no matter how hard I try to aim. When I use other guns I do just fine. I am not noticing the 3 bullet less kill time. I did a lot better with automatics before the update. And before you tell me I suck at aiming, try using them yourself. Not just one game, play a few and you will probably do worse.

Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.

> Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.

I just tried using it on Abandon snf I was getting 4 shoted by the BR before I could do anything

> > Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.
>
> I just tried using it on Abandon snf I was getting 4 shoted by the BR before I could do anything

Maybe you could link a theatre clip of your games. We could analyze your tactics. You’re not rushing straight at people on open ground are you?

> > > Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.
> >
> > I just tried using it on Abandon snf I was getting 4 shoted by the BR before I could do anything
>
> Maybe you could link a theatre clip of your games. We could analyze your tactics. You’re not rushing straight at people on open ground are you?

No I know how to play lol. I just get beat down by the Battle Rifle before I can get the kill. Even up close. I think the damage buff from the other weapons over powers the automatics damage boost

Firstly it’s magnatism not auto aim. Secondly no. I played atleast 3 games with each automatic (some matches more then others) And i do just as much if not better then Pre TU. I hate to say it but it’s probably your aim or your tactics.

I am playing on adrift right now. Lets see how I do with the storm rifle

Work on aiming. Its actually much easier now.

The Assault Rifle seems to be a bit better, the Storm Rifle seems the same, and the Suppressor seems worse than before. At least that’s what I observed.

Well my whole team quit on me but I managed to go 22 and 11 on Adrift on Slayer Pro. I aimed better so I guess I just have to improve my aiming

Considering all automatic weapons received both a dmg buff and a accuracy buff I’d say its just your tactics/aiming

The magnetism was reduced by 50% I’m pretty sure so you actually have to have decent aim now and if you go up against someone strafing and juking with a BR and your aim is off you will get melted
As it should be, it should have been like this from the start

The Auto weapons don’t fire homing missiles due to the BM anymore
This is a good thing

I played last night, and people were using AR all the time very effectively. I got some good suppressor use down as well, you just can’t spam them at far distances any more.

> Firstly it’s magnatism not auto aim.

Auto aim = bullet aim assist. Magnetism = reticule assist, (ie. when your reticule sticks to the player as they run by). Those have been the terms used since Halo CE, it’s your own problem if you decide to use them differently.

> Well my whole team quit on me but I managed to go 22 and 11 on Adrift on Slayer Pro. I aimed better so I guess I just have to improve my aiming

Wait waiat waitwitawit atwi waait WAIT.
Your saying you went 22 and 11 by yourself?
And you say your using the AR?

> Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.

I read OP and then and went and tried BTIS with the Storm Rifle as my secondary along with BR. Had five kills with it. It is better than pre tweaking…awesome! Yes, you need skill to use it. I’ll be using it regularly after I complete Weapon Mastery. I did pick up a AR off the ground yesterday when I needed ammo…I prefer the Storm Rifle now over the AR.

Interesting. I found the AR to be absolutely dominating when used correctly. I roll with the BR for my primary and the AR for my secondary on smaller maps and it works great. Seems more like you are seeing the result of it taking more skill to use now. Spray and pray doesn’t work quite as well. Try strafing/circling your enemy.

> > Firstly it’s magnatism not auto aim.
>
> Auto aim = bullet aim assist. Magnetism = reticule assist, (ie. when your reticule sticks to the player as they run by). Those have been the terms used since Halo CE, it’s your own problem if you decide to use them differently.

The correct terms if your speaking to a person who actually has had first hand experience editing these mechanics is:

Aim assist= the behavior of your reticule following a target essentially “dragged” along.

Magnetism= the behavior of bullets and how they interact with the hitboxes making bullets curve or turn drawn towards the target.

343 toned down the magnetism on all automatics by 50%. I was merely correcting. Even if auto aim assist is a well accepted term it’s still refering to the wrong mechanic in play.

They do disgusting damage now, probably a killtime around 1.2 secs ._.

> > > > Have you tried using the storm rifle? My friend started using it last night and was doing incredible with it.
> > >
> > > I just tried using it on Abandon snf I was getting 4 shoted by the BR before I could do anything
> >
> > Maybe you could link a theatre clip of your games. We could analyze your tactics. You’re not rushing straight at people on open ground are you?
>
> No I know how to play lol. I just get beat down by the Battle Rifle before I can get the kill. Even up close. I think the damage buff from the other weapons over powers the automatics damage boost

Use caution going up against the BR in close quarters.

2 shots + Melee is a hell of a thing.

> > Well my whole team quit on me but I managed to go 22 and 11 on Adrift on Slayer Pro. I aimed better so I guess I just have to improve my aiming
>
> Wait waiat waitwitawit atwi waait WAIT.
> Your saying you went 22 and 11 by yourself?
> And you say your using the AR?

yeah lol