Is it me or DLC does not appear in Matches?

Good evening, Guys. This is a concerned gamer. I recently bought the GOTYE for Halo 4 and I was pretty excited to play on new maps and everything. The problem is that I have never had the chance to play on any DLC map since I bought it (Couple of days ago) I’m interested to know what is actually going on, is this a problem with me or it is general. I want to get the achievements but not only that, I want to play this amazing game with all the maps. Thank you guys, have a good night :slight_smile:

A good chunk of the problem is how many people who would buy the DLC if it wasn’t for the fact that “it won’t appear”.

The only reason you can’t find it is because of how few people actually have it. But if the whole group that falls into the category I mentioned above sucked it up and bought it, you’d probably see a lot more of it. That mentality is a bad one, but as long as people think that way it actually justifies itself (in a sadly ironic way).

We still wouldn’t get it every game, but we’d definitely get a lot more of it.

DLC rarely appears in matches due to the relatively small number of people who purchased them. I would love to play these maps, which is why we need a PERMANENT DLC playlist.

I won the Champion’s Bundle, and have played on Vertigo once and on Pitfall never. That’s how rare it is.

> A good chunk of the problem is how many people who would buy the DLC if it wasn’t for the fact that “it won’t appear”.
>
> The only reason you can’t find it is because of how few people actually have it. But if the whole group that falls into the category I mentioned above sucked it up and bought it, you’d probably see a lot more of it. That mentality is a bad one, but as long as people think that way it actually justifies itself (in a sadly ironic way).
>
> We still wouldn’t get it every game, but we’d definitely get a lot more of it.

“People not buying it” is not an excuse. Plenty of people bought the Majestic maps and you still never see them.

I foolishly bought all the DLC a couple of weeks back and regret it big time. I’ve been playing fairly often and have only played ONE DLC map ONCE! It’s thoroughly disappointing. I can’t understand why there isn’t at least one dedicated DLC playlist for at least some of the maps

> DLC rarely appears in matches due to the relatively small number of people who purchased them. I would love to play these maps, which is why we need a PERMANENT DLC playlist.

Apparently the have no plans for a permanent DLC Playlist.

I found it odd during 343 day there was ALWAYS and DLC map to vote for. I don’t get why it was appearing there but no other playlist. I know for a fact I’ve played with people that had DLC maps but they didn’t showed up to vote for, I don’t understand it. I’m glad they’re coming out with a DLC playlist, hopefully it does well and will become permanent in some way.

They are planning on having a dlc playlist but only for 2 weeks, i think they need to make it permanent then no one can complain because fight now people that paid for all the dlc have thrown xtra money down for non playable maps. Custom games dont cut it we could of made our own maps if we wanted to play in customs, so they need to make a dlc playlist so what if its a low pop playlist because right now i dont think anything could be lower than the throwdown playlist right?

> > A good chunk of the problem is how many people who would buy the DLC if it wasn’t for the fact that “it won’t appear”.
> >
> > The only reason you can’t find it is because of how few people actually have it. But if the whole group that falls into the category I mentioned above sucked it up and bought it, you’d probably see a lot more of it. That mentality is a bad one, but as long as people think that way it actually justifies itself (in a sadly ironic way).
> >
> > We still wouldn’t get it every game, but we’d definitely get a lot more of it.
>
> “People not buying it” is not an excuse. Plenty of people bought the Majestic maps and you still never see them.

And where are you getting these numbers from?

A better fix would be to make Majestic required permanently for Team Slayer.

When it was temporary required for their ‘testing period’ the population dropped.

Duh?

Why on earth would anyone in the right mind that hasn’t bought DLC b/c of negative word of mouth buy it for a temporary playlist requirement knowing that long term they get bad value / screwed (from existing customers)? This clearly makes being spiteful even more appealing.

There is literally ZERO relevant data from that testing period. It’s really sad to me that people (namely 343, no offense but it doesn’t matter how much the players understand business implications; they just wanna be happy) get that…

So make DLC required forever. Think about what it does.

1. DLC players that donated $35 bucks only to get… screwed (keeping this nice) are VERY happy until Halo 5.

2. Many people on the fence buy this DUH deal to make their MM sessions way more valuable and feel extremely good to support 343 (and H5 WHILE being happy with Halo 4).

3. The cheap people that love Halo (most of which will buy eventually when the positive feedback of team slayer and it’s longevity of appeal word hits) will fill in the other play lists. This is a little bonus for the people who like random game modes.

4. Some people will quit, of course, but that is just the nature of the beast. That is any business in life. This population would be much less, long term, and the player base will grow and be happier long term b/c 343 wont be (actually quite literally) stealing DLC money.

FYI: When the temporary requirement was there and the population dropped (duh) the connection was just as good as ever. So worst case scenario is the supporters enjoy a great game while slowly being joined by other converted believers and GOTY happy customers.

343: It doesn’t take my MBA to realize that people aren’t mad at the $10 for making a game they play for hours and hours much more enjoyable. Let’s forget about business all together and a small donation to Halo 5. Not many of us Halo fans have a problem supporting the product.

So now that business principles and the $10 dollars don’t exist… put yourselves in our shoes.

“Why would you bother with DLC that never shows up?”

“How can you fix this”

(Hint: See above)

Last night I played Skyline, Monolith, Pitfall, Vertigo, Landfall and Harvest. I also got Skyline, Monolith and Pitfall multiple times. I’ve never had a problem with not getting DLC maps for long periods of time. The answer to this is I always play in a team of four who own the maps.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I constantly see people on here saying they don’t get to play the maps. However I play on them quite frequently, especially majestic maps. So if you’re having trouble find others who have the maps and team with them and if that doesn’t work. Well… Not really sure what to tell you.

Please don’t respond to me with post like, “Well you just got lucky” or “You’re full of yoink”. Because I’m not. I promise you, if you search with a full party that has the maps your chances of getting them sky rocket.

YES, 343 are continously screwing things up for us with this system. We NEVER get any of the new maps, and that is obviously not the players fault for not collectively buying it,. Statistically, the odds for matching up with a full team that all has the exact same dlc downloaded are INCREDIBLY low… even if 50% of all players globally bought it!! OBVIOUSLY. And 343 should realize this and give us solutions, like more dlc playlists or advanced matched-player-search criteria based on dlcs.

Right now, we have either payed for a disfunctional product,. or the product is in it self falsely advertised to us as something “we would actually be able to play on” ourselves (the maps). Either way, these are good reasons to complain about the product and ask for a refund! If we did this, we would show 343 that we matter, and that their poor solutions will have economical consequenses.
We need to react!

And “SaintCT”, yes sure going into matchmaking with a full party of dlc’ers “solves” the problem. That will let you play the maps.
But it doesn’t count! We shouldn’t have to find the players ourselves! That removes the point of matchmaking! I don’t have 15 players with all DLC enabled available at all times! :stuck_out_tongue:

> > A good chunk of the problem is how many people who would buy the DLC if it wasn’t for the fact that “it won’t appear”.
> >
> > The only reason you can’t find it is because of how few people actually have it. But if the whole group that falls into the category I mentioned above sucked it up and bought it, you’d probably see a lot more of it. That mentality is a bad one, but as long as people think that way it actually justifies itself (in a sadly ironic way).
> >
> > We still wouldn’t get it every game, but we’d definitely get a lot more of it.
>
> “People not buying it” is not an excuse. Plenty of people bought the Majestic maps and you still never see them.

If even one person doesnt have the maps then it doesnt show them. And though many people bought Majestic in comparison to Crimson and Castle its still not a lot of people.

> A good chunk of the problem is how many people who would buy the DLC if it wasn’t for the fact that “it won’t appear”.
>
> The only reason you can’t find it is because of how few people actually have it. But if the whole group that falls into the category I mentioned above sucked it up and bought it, you’d probably see a lot more of it. That mentality is a bad one, but as long as people think that way it actually justifies itself (in a sadly ironic way).
>
> We still wouldn’t get it every game, but we’d definitely get a lot more of it.

You can’t blame the lack of dlc appearance on people who don’t buy the maps. You cannot force someone to pay for something optional.

Blame 343 for not implementing a permanent dlc playlist or not including a “dlc fiter” search option in matchmaking.

I really don’t understand this.

I was so exited when I bought all the DLC a month ago… 35$ out of my budget was not easy. I’ve played on three of those maps so far. Two games on Wreckage. One on Shatter. I don’t remember the name of the other one. The fact that I can’t even play one round on these maps isn’t just frustrating, its defeating. How am I supposed to get my friends to play Halo if I can’t cosign it myself? I honestly feel like I’ve wasted my money. There were never problems like this in the other games so WHAT IS GOING ON???

Beating this horse again,

DLC playlist comes up, move DLC with Sale on DLC- slash the price in half, and people will buy…

I seriously don’t understand how Microsoft doesn’t realize that there is more money in cheaper with greater sales volume

For a while they made infinity slayer a “majestic DLC” playlist, why can’t they just do that with it’s own separate playlist?

It was Officialy Stated on Halowaypoint by a member at 343 STUDIOS that a Halo 4 DLC playlist would be released in the coming months.

This playlist will support All DLC and dont worry if you think not a lot of people have bought the DLC.
The reason it comes up rarely in matchmaking is because 343 have not put all DLC into every Playlist.

At the very least about 100,000 people have bought the DLC so don’t worry.
The DLC Playlist will arrive very soon :smiley:

> I won the Champion’s Bundle, and have played on Vertigo once and on Pitfall never. That’s how rare it is.

Im still waiting for one match on either map from champions bundle. Its a Complete disgrace!!!

No wonder people fled from halo man… My disapointment with other fps brought me back to halo 4 recently, great game, but the vanilla maps feel 10 years old already… its shocking we cant play the extra 12 or however many maps we paid for…