Is it just me...

Or has Team slayer become a complete joke in Reach? Its ridiculous and full of campers, spammers etc. Its a shame Halo has become this. Especially one of its trademark playlists.

I don’t really think it has much to do with the game, it has more to do with the people that play it. I run into campers sometimes. However Reach is by far my favorite of the Halo games, other then CE. H2 and H3 were just one gun games. All anyone ever used was the BR and it was boring. At least Reach has different weapons. Also the Forge Maps RULE, so we have that going for us too.

> Or has Team slayer become a complete joke in Reach? Its ridiculous and full of campers, spammers etc. Its a shame Halo has become this. Especially one of its trademark playlists.

I hate team slayer to its almost worse then rumble pit.

> I don’t really think it has much to do with the game, it has more to do with the people that play it. I run into campers sometimes. However Reach is by far my favorite of the Halo games, other then CE. H2 and H3 were just one gun games. All anyone ever used was the BR and it was boring. At least Reach has different weapons. Also the Forge Maps RULE, so we have that going for us too.

quick question, how long have you played halo reach?

I’m a Legend my Gamer Tag is Play Pretend. Look me up.

> I’m a Legend my Gamer Tag is Play Pretend. Look me up.

wow, nice im almost at your rank, anyways one thing bout your first comment, you still love the forge maps? i mean i like to forge and all, but forgeworld gets old and it’s really boring to me now.

I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk. Also I love when I play one that I haven’t played before. I like being on my toes. I always use active camo though it does not matter if its a Forge map or standard map. You can’t Kill what you can’t see. I hate board walk, and count down with a passion, and the H2 remake maps suck. Like Ivory Town is just a one sided rocket fest for red team… The game needs Spawn tweeks and weapon placement tweeks other then that I love REACH.

Team Slayer is not so great in Reach because of:

1. Armor Lock, Jet Pack, and Camo
  2. Too many forged Community Maps
  3. Too many AR/Pistol starts
  4. Not ranked

> I don’t really think it has much to do with the game, it has more to do with the people that play it.

No it hasn’t, if the game was faster and didn’t encourage camping, camping would be useless as a strategy. In halo Reach there is no need to worry about the spawn times of power weapons, because if you already happen to have that weapon, you can just decide the spawn time yourself. this already encourages camping. Other reason is the map design, Sword Base is a good example, the whole game revolves around the top of the green lift, only about 10-20% of gameplay happen outside the lift area. There are many other camping encouraging factors that weren’t as present in the previous games.

P.S. I never play Team Slayer anymore, mainly because it’s the playlist where all the mistakes of Halo Reach are the most visible.

> I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk.

<3

> I’m a Legend my Gamer Tag is Play Pretend. Look me up.

Wow nice, i’m like 60,000 credits off legend right now :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong guys, I love Reach, but hate team slayer with a passion. Like I said before, its become a joke. I’m relying on premium slayer and premium battle now if I want to play team slayer or team objective. That way I get to play the dlc maps and don’t have to play some of the sub par community maps (Though some are very good e.g. Eden minor). There also appears to be less campers etc.

So you just want H3 with new graphics… NO Thanks.

> > I don’t really think it has much to do with the game, it has more to do with the people that play it.
>
> No it hasn’t, if the game was faster and didn’t encourage camping, camping would be useless as a strategy. In halo Reach there is no need to worry about the spawn times of power weapons, because if you already happen to have that weapon, you can just decide the spawn time yourself. this already encourages camping. Other reason is the map design, Sword Base is a good example, the whole game revolves around the top of the green lift, only about 10-20% of gameplay happen outside the lift area. There are many other camping encouraging factors that weren’t as present in the previous games.

Couldn’t Sword Base be considered a map where teams fight over a central control point? The yellow lift along with the top floor in general could be that control point that you and your team have to hold down in order to win.

Not that I like Sword Base as a map. I’m just theorizing on what it’s meant to be.

> > I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk.
>
> <3

I like some of the forge maps too, they’re defnitely better than most of the shipped maps. but I would like to play the shipped maps more often. Some of the forged maps are abit naff though.

> > > I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk.
> >
> > <3
>
> I like some of the forge maps too, they’re defnitely better than most of the shipped maps. but I would like to play the shipped maps more often. Some of the forged maps are abit naff though.

Thing is, Reach seems to have playlists that satisfy everyone. Don’t like community maps? Squad Slayer is one of the many playlists for you.

> I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk. Also I love when I play one that I haven’t played before. I like being on my toes. I always use active camo though it does not matter if its a Forge map or standard map. You can’t Kill what you can’t see. I hate board walk, and count down with a passion, and the H2 remake maps suck. Like Ivory Town is just a one sided rocket fest for red team… The game needs Spawn tweeks and weapon placement tweeks other then that I love REACH.

personally reach deserved better maps than it got, just a bunch of remakes and campaign copies. with boardwalk i love, it’s one of my favorite map but the spawn system needs to be tweaked. as for campdown, sorry i mean countdown, i could understand the hatred there, but the one thing i hate most is the fact that im forced to see the same freakin enviroment everytime a forgeworld map comes up(which is alot), im the kind of person that loves to play maps that play good, but with various enviroments in them, and forgeworld just doesn’t cut it.

> > I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk. Also I love when I play one that I haven’t played before. I like being on my toes. I always use active camo though it does not matter if its a Forge map or standard map. You can’t Kill what you can’t see. I hate board walk, and count down with a passion, and the H2 remake maps suck. Like Ivory Town is just a one sided rocket fest for red team… The game needs Spawn tweeks and weapon placement tweeks other then that I love REACH.
>
> personally reach deserved better maps than it got, just a bunch of remakes and campaign copies. with boardwalk i love, it’s one of my favorite map but the spawn system needs to be tweaked. as for campdown, sorry i mean countdown, i could understand the hatred there, but the one thing i hate most is the fact that im forced to see the same freakin enviroment everytime a forgeworld map comes up(which is alot), im the kind of person that loves to play maps that play good, but with various enviroments in them, and forgeworld just doesn’t cut it.

I actually like countdown. Not a fan of boardwalk though, especially in big team. And I HATE that all the maps are just campaign remakes.

> > > I think the Forge World Maps RULE. I like how they play. I mean sure they are all grey, but I just think they play better then the standard maps that shipped with disk. Also I love when I play one that I haven’t played before. I like being on my toes. I always use active camo though it does not matter if its a Forge map or standard map. You can’t Kill what you can’t see. I hate board walk, and count down with a passion, and the H2 remake maps suck. Like Ivory Town is just a one sided rocket fest for red team… The game needs Spawn tweeks and weapon placement tweeks other then that I love REACH.
> >
> > personally reach deserved better maps than it got, just a bunch of remakes and campaign copies. with boardwalk i love, it’s one of my favorite map but the spawn system needs to be tweaked. as for campdown, sorry i mean countdown, i could understand the hatred there, but the one thing i hate most is the fact that im forced to see the same freakin enviroment everytime a forgeworld map comes up(which is alot), im the kind of person that loves to play maps that play good, but with various enviroments in them, and forgeworld just doesn’t cut it.
>
> I actually like countdown. Not a fan of boardwalk though, especially in big team. And I HATE that all the maps are just campaign remakes.

si, and you know what maps that leave you to play with (excluding campaign remakes, and older games remakes) the map packs, that’s what they leave you with, also i would just like to note that reach had a very tiny selecetion of maps to play on when it got released than any other halo ( I Think).

> > > I don’t really think it has much to do with the game, it has more to do with the people that play it.
> >
> > No it hasn’t, if the game was faster and didn’t encourage camping, camping would be useless as a strategy. In halo Reach there is no need to worry about the spawn times of power weapons, because if you already happen to have that weapon, you can just decide the spawn time yourself. this already encourages camping. Other reason is the map design, Sword Base is a good example, the whole game revolves around the top of the green lift, only about 10-20% of gameplay happen outside the lift area. There are many other camping encouraging factors that weren’t as present in the previous games.
>
> Couldn’t Sword Base be considered a map where teams fight over a central control point? The yellow lift along with the top floor in general could be that control point that you and your team have to hold down in order to win.
>
> Not that I like Sword Base as a map. I’m just theorizing on what it’s meant to be.

Well, generally map control is a good thing, but this means there has to be multiple control points all over the map. These pointa include strategic locations and power weapon spawns. In Reach’s case power weapon spawns can be ruled out if the concept of map control as you no longer need to control them, you only run through them when you need more ammo for your weapon.

Now we are only left with the strategic locations, usually there would have to be multiple of them and there would have to be many routes leading to them. In Sword Base’s case there is only one “strategic” location. I used quotation marks because the location can barely be talked as strategic because in this case it only means that you have to stuff players with Armor Locks, Sword and Shotgun there. Because the players already have Armor Lock, throwing grenades is pretty useless. There are only two routes into the room which both mean almost certain death.

The best example of a good control spot in Reach is the Sniper balcony on Reflection, you need Shotgun and a decent sniper to control the place and even then the other team can come from both hallways (only two players needed) and take the spot if they’re good enough. Reflection is still somewhat bad example because of the fact that the balcony happens to be the only control spot.

I hope you now got the general idea of what is the difference between a good and bad control spot. Shortly, the bad spot gives the team a huge and unfair advantage, the good spot only gives small and fair advantage and also needs alot of work to control.

I actually like Team Slayer, but I’m getting more and more annoyed by the community maps. Now, I respect everyone who has gone trough the trouble of creating a map, even if it’s not in matchmaking. But I blame Bungie for having chosen so many maps that maybe look good but are horrible to play on.

The only community map that’s really good in my opinion, is Cliffhanger. It’s the perfect example that less is often more. It has good spawns and breaking out of a spawn trap is easier on that map than on any other, it has all the good and fun weapons (DMRs, NRs, SRs, grenade launchers, shotguns), and is very fun to play on. The only thing I don’t like that much that it’s almost too easy to move around with a jetpack. But that’s what Slayer Pro is for.

Anyway, I’m actually getting sick of all the community maps in Team Slayer, and I really wished that Bungie/343i removed most of them again.