Is it just me?

Is it just me? Or doesnt it seems like when making halo reach bungie ripped alot of ideas from the titles that were taking off? Just to create revenue for there last title they implemented AAs as loadouts as well as the guns you could use(CoD much?) and then they also put assasinations which are kinda familiar in oh i dont know gears of war? im not bashing bungie but it seems as tho they tried to capture fans from different audiences, cash in halo like a cash cow, before giving it away. Then put HALO on the game and called it a swan song they didnt even put forth the effort to even be original with the maps they used them from the campaign for god sake. I wanted a game that was halo not a wierd halo cod gears mutation. I play reach competitvely because i love halo and i will see it through its successess and its failures. Please by the way dont flame me and say the age old ADAPT i have adapted and am a good player i was a good player in halo 3 which i was a 50 in mlg and team slayer b4 reach let the onset of derankers flood the halo 3 servers. Now i am a 45 in mlg on h3. i have always achieved onyx in the arena but i never hold it due to that it doesnt matter at all because i find it boring and without a cause due to the skill gap being obliterated with the inconsistancy of bloom and the slowed down gameplay. I dont see why halo is being so dumbed down and made for other crowds of people who arent normally halo fans. Im just saying make a game that is halo and people will buy it and play it dont try to appeal to a different crowd just let it be halo and it will succeed

i cant wait for the title update to address alot of my concerns hopefully if it doesnt i will be very let down
this is my dream update

PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO

> PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO

There hasn’t been skill in Halo since H:CE.

This is just a love letter, but a truthful one at least.

That’s basically what a game company does to try and make money. I don’t see why this is such a surprise for everyone.

It’s better than buying the same game over and over again.

> > PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO
>
> There hasn’t been skill in Halo since H:CE.

you cant really state that as a fact because it is an opinion but to each his own

> It’s better than buying the same game over and over again.

im not saying make the same game make tweeks to what is wrong with it make new and inventive ideas to bring to the title but dont change every aspect of the game to accomidate those changes and dont make the core gameplay something new just add things to enrich the expierience even more which with reach they went hmmm old successfull stuff lets get rid of it and add new stuff that will change gameplay altogether

> That’s basically what a game company does to try and make money. I don’t see why this is such a surprise for everyone.

yes but in the same note that doesnt mean appeal to a audience that isnt your own while trying to maintain your own i feel as tho they tried to capture all good elements in different games accross the board and took out the halo for me its as if they got CoD and Gears all in my halo

I like the original post. Not much after.

A game can’t copyright every thing, a few weeks ago someone was saying Section 8 was too much like halo.
In my opinion if you make a game that has the best of everything, you win.

>

So much fail.

H:CE was FUN, the golden age of competition? No way!

>

This.

> > > PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO
> >
> > There hasn’t been skill in Halo since H:CE.
>
> So much fail.
>
> H:CE was FUN, the golden age of competition? No way!

It can be competitive, but not require skill.

True competitive gameplay is where the game is skill based and where people are playing to win.

> > > > PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO
> > >
> > > There hasn’t been skill in Halo since H:CE.
> >
> > So much fail.
> >
> > H:CE was FUN, the golden age of competition? No way!
>
> It can be competitive, but not require skill.
>
> True competitive gameplay is where the game is skill based and where people are playing to win.

but not everyone plays to win; some do, others just play for fun. There is also a small minority who play to grieve, cheat, hack, mod and generally ruin it for everybody.

> > > > > PUT SKILL BACK IN HALO
> > > >
> > > > There hasn’t been skill in Halo since H:CE.
> > >
> > > So much fail.
> > >
> > > H:CE was FUN, the golden age of competition? No way!
> >
> > It can be competitive, but not require skill.
> >
> > True competitive gameplay is where the game is skill based and where people are playing to win.
>
> but not everyone plays to win; some do, others just play for fun. There is also a small minority who play to grieve, cheat, hack, mod and generally ruin it for everybody.

In a true competitive enviroment, all styles can be catered to. Every point from competitive can do down to casual with mere changes in options of maps and gametypes. Since competitive gameplay is the hardest to achieve while casual is easy, why not cater to competitives when casual play can be established without the need of TU’s?

>

True. There’s been no Halo since CE that could be compared against pc titles lake CS, Quake etc.