Is it just me...

Or is this bungie day pretty sad… I mean in went into the bungie day playlist and all it is nothing but a bunch of garbage BKs spamming Armor lock, grenades, Rockets, double melee etc. This is SOME WAY for bungie to go out… I’m not trying to sound like an ungrateful -Yoink- but MOST of us got nothing! Heres what’s wrong

1. There were only 777 swag bags and they sold out within the first minutes of release
  2. ooohhhh concept art for over 1000 dollars… Really?
  3. Nobody cares about blue flames or nameplates anymore
  4. 4 Bungie employees and over 9000 gamers… Really? Not everyone has a chance to “participate”
  5. No maps? I was really expecting it to be like Bungie Day 08
  6. Don’t even get me started on Aerospace…
  7. There could have at least been gamer pics and a theme -_-

Bungie Day 08 was THE BEST

I’m glad that Bungie is stepping away from the Halo franchise because after Halo 3 they stopped listening to the community and became somewhat arrogant… So goodbye and good riddance to Bungie… The future of 343i looks bright :slight_smile:

> Or is this bungie day pretty sad… I mean in went into the bungie day playlist and all it is nothing but a bunch of garbage BKs spamming Armor lock, grenades, Rockets, double melee etc. This is SOME WAY for bungie to go out… I’m not trying to sound like an ungrateful d*** but MOST of us got nothing! Heres what’s wrong
>
> 1. There were only 777 swag bags and they sold out within the first minutes of release
> 2. ooohhhh concept art for over 1000 dollars… Really?
> 3. Nobody cares about blue flames or nameplates anymore
> 4. 4 Bungie employees and over 9000 gamers… Really? Not everyone has a chance to “participate”
> 5. No maps? I was really expecting it to be like Bungie Day 08
> 6. Don’t even get me started on Aerospace…
> 7. There could have at least been gamer pics and a theme -_-
>
> Bungie Day 08 was THE BEST
>
> I’m glad that Bungie is stepping away from the Halo franchise because after Halo 3 they stopped listening to the community and became somewhat arrogant… So goodbye and good riddance to Bungie… The future of 343i looks bright :slight_smile:

Agreed.

It’s just supposed to be fun bro…

1. Limited numbers go fast, if you didn’t get it in time then you were just too slow
  2. Collectible things generally go for high prices, sometimes very high
  3. I bet some people do, but it was nice to give them out.
  4. Got your hopes up a little high there, I see
  5. So? They have one team. Sure, odds aren’t good of bumping into them, but it’s something
  6. Get started anyways
  7. Never really cared about gamer pics or themes. Haven’t touched either of mine in over a year

To me, you just sound a bit greedy

Ω

Im ready to put Bungie days behind me and move on to 343i DAYS!

As for the swag and collectors items: people are always going crazy about such stuff. You could, no: should, have known that!

But I do agree its sort of lackluster. I mean: litterally EVERY game boils down to AL spamming, grenade spamming, jetpack -Yoink!- etc etc etc.
That alone sucks major monkeyballs.

Add to that: Bungie should have had like 7 teams or so online, not just 1! Chances of actually playing Bungie staff are almost nihil at the moment with nearly 5000 players in the playlist.

I didn’t really think about a free map yet, but you guys are right: to celebrate 10 years of Halo and to end it properly, we should have just gotten 1 map, 1 fan favorite map.

Now the positives:
Finally a lot of people online!
Just hit a 30.700 Cr jackpot! :open_mouth: (also had a 7777 Cr earlier today)
I finally got my Double Kill From The Grave achievement.
Finally some fast paced games like back in the good old days of Halo 2.

Still: can’t wait for HCEA, and still hope that one doesn’t have AA’s (or at least no AL and Jetpack)

Bungie day 08 was definatly the best. I remember searching 4s trying to match bungie and beat them to get Recon on Community created maps but it never happened. But it was still really fun destroying BKs because they were nowhere near my skill level. That is exactly what I wanna see on every 343i day. :slight_smile:

> Or is this bungie day pretty sad…

Bungie are not obliged at all to give us anything, no matter how small. So show some respect and be grateful for what you got on the previous Bungie Days and that you have a (admittedly very slim) chance to play against them.

What really pisses me off a bit are your points 5 and 7. Just because you got a free map and gamer pics and themes once, you now EXPECT them?

> It’s just supposed to be fun bro…

It’s not lol.

> > Or is this bungie day pretty sad…
>
> Bungie are not obliged at all to give us anything, no matter how small. So show some respect and be grateful for what you got on the previous Bungie Days and that you have a (admittedly very slim) chance to play against them.
>
> What really pisses me off a bit are your points 5 and 7. Just because you got a free map and gamer pics and themes once, you now EXPECT them?

+1 Ditto. Be grateful, not greedy.

> > It’s just supposed to be fun bro…
>
> It’s not lol.

Well maybe not for you, but I am definitely enjoying the live stream of watching them play. I am not about to criticize their gameplay in any way, because well, I’m not much better. I started playing with a group of friends right at midnight, but only in Customs. Our group was too big for anything else. It was a lot of fun, and I got some maps and gametypes I didn’t have before.

Later on I went into the Bungie Day playlist on my own, and knew it was a long shot to possibly play against them. But I enjoyed the time anyway, mainly because well, what if I did get to play against them. I appreciate and respect what Bungie has done, and I look forward to see what they will do in the future.

I knew the swag and auctioned items was something I couldn’t get, so I accepted it. I think some folks out there are expecting more than is realistically possible. I say be grateful there is even a Halo Universe in the first place.

I wholeheartedly agree with GangsterNo1.

Why do people gauge the success of Bungie Day based upon how much free stuff is offered?

There is nothing wrong with Bungie Day. Your perspective of Bungie Day is not identical to others, it’s fallacious to think that your perspective and experience is the same as everyone else participating.

Really? "after Halo 3 they stopped listening to the community and became somewhat arrogant… "? I’m sorry, I must disagree. Bungie tried so hard to please the entire community. Just because the vocal minority complaining about core mechanics of the game got generally ignored, doesn’t mean Bungie stopped listening to the community and became arrogant.

If anything, the whole community is like a festering wound. Over time it becomes infected with self-entitlement, greed, ignorance, and disrespect.

> I wholeheartedly agree with GangsterNo1.
>
> Why do people gauge the success of Bungie Day based upon how much free stuff is offered?
>
> There is nothing wrong with Bungie Day. Your perspective of Bungie Day is not identical to others, it’s fallacious to think that your perspective and experience is the same as everyone else participating.

however from a reasonable standpoint, it is a bit ridiculous to have only one or two teams of bungie employes in matchmakeing with literally thousands of people in the same playlist, even just 3 or 4 would be better.

as for the free stuff that is just fine without it, but the bag-o-swag stuff shouldnt have been just 777, they should have had more or confirmed earlier that the gurrila stuff was legitimate.

> Really? "after Halo 3 they stopped listening to the community and became somewhat arrogant… "? I’m sorry, I must disagree. Bungie tried so hard to please the entire community. Just because the vocal minority complaining about core mechanics of the game got generally ignored, doesn’t mean Bungie stopped listening to the community and became arrogant.
>
> If anything, the whole community is like a festering wound. Over time it becomes infected with self-entitlement, greed, ignorance, and disrespect.

That is so very true, it’s a crying shame. :-/

And to be honest, I’m also sure that Bungie are somewhat miffed about the reaction of large parts of their community and that this ultimately is the reason why there are no small goodies like gamer pics. I mean, if I worked at Bungie and had to put up with the way their community talks about them, I’d refuse to give them anything at all.

Besides, the way people treat and talk about Bungie is the epitome of hypocrisy. On one hand they complain about every little thing in Reach that’s not 100% the way they want it, claim that the game is utter crap, state their petty opinions as facts, and insult Bungie, and on the other they expect and even demand Bungie to give them stuff.

1. OP, there is diehard Halo fans that want these rare items that can never be made again. The original concept art and prototype are never going to be reproduced because it is the original. You might as well tell people why bid so much for rare games that are never going to be made again…

Although I am glad that Halo is moving on to 343, I at least recognize all that Bungie has done for the Halo franchise. Without Bungie there would be no hateful. I never really expected Bungie day to be very good this year anyway because they are practically done with Halo. I hope their last playlist update next week makes up for it though.

I also agree with Gangster.

I just took what i had of Bungie to form a 4 with my mate Nicholas Cave(may have seen him round the forums, cool guy) and i just enjoyed playing competitive and by the end of it all we had a pretty impressive track record of 10 wins to 3 losses.(1 of which our friend was away when we started)
I think the experience is what you make of it.

> Or is this bungie day pretty sad… I mean in went into the bungie day playlist and all it is nothing but a bunch of garbage BKs spamming Armor lock, grenades, Rockets, double melee etc. This is SOME WAY for bungie to go out… I’m not trying to sound like an ungrateful Yoink! but MOST of us got nothing! Heres what’s wrong
>
> 1. There were only 777 swag bags and they sold out within the first minutes of release
> 2. ooohhhh concept art for over 1000 dollars… Really?
> 3. Nobody cares about blue flames or nameplates anymore
> 4. 4 Bungie employees and over 9000 gamers… Really? Not everyone has a chance to “participate”
> 5. No maps? I was really expecting it to be like Bungie Day 08
> 6. Don’t even get me started on Aerospace…
> 7. There could have at least been gamer pics and a theme -_-
>
> Bungie Day 08 was THE BEST
>
> I’m glad that Bungie is stepping away from the Halo franchise because after Halo 3 they stopped listening to the community and became somewhat arrogant… So goodbye and good riddance to Bungie… The future of 343i looks bright :slight_smile:

1.The swag bags selling should come as not surprise. If honestly thought you might secure one “later on”, that’s your fault.

1. Yes, concept art of Halo for $1000, that was bid on by hundreds of people, with all the proceeds being donated to charity.

2. No, you don’t. You are not the voice of the community, don’t act like it.

3. It’s always been that way. It’s all about “are you lucky enough to get matched with us and win?” That’s how it’s been in past years.

4. Because we got all this cool stuff in '09 and '10…oh wait…In addition, Bungie has given us a lot already. How dare you complain that you couldn’t get free stuff.

5. Aerospace is genius concept, and I look forward to seeing what comes out of it.

6. See number 5.

Stopped listening to the community? Bungie’s top concern was always the community. They listened intently during the development of Halo Reach with feed back from Halo 3 and ODST. During the beta, they listened in to what people were saying. I’m sorry they didn’t personally cater to you, but you can’t have everthing the way you want it.