Is it just me

Out of all the things 343 wants us to discuss in all their pinned threads, the outlines and colors for SPARTANS in multiplayer don’t seem to be mentioned. But oh boy, is it bad. I just flat out cannot see who is an enemy and who isn’t. The coloring is far too subtle without looking at the radar and remembering the way it works in relation to team color now for it to be of any help. Supposedly this is for showing off customization? The color outline obscures most customization until a SPARTAN is dead and UI colors no longer show on their model. This brings up another point which means you can only see you and your teammates customization before and after a match, and when you die. I do not think that is good for keeping a positive association with your customization. Also with how limited customization seems to be in regards to colors anyways, what’s the point of this? If I can’t individually color parts of my SPARTAN’s armor the way I could in 3 and Reach. What’s the point of partaking in color customization at all? Seeing how the color outline obscures customization anyways. At the very least there needs to be an option for classic Halo team coloring vs. the new color outline

Sure it has! I myself have opened two threads about it during flight 1. You have failed to look hard enough for these threads. You will find them eventually.

It’s not just you HeliSatin. I made a thread about turning off the outlines. If you feel like checking it out and leaving a comment here’s the link :relaxed:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/updated-features-fans-kindly-request-a-toggle-for/13ee5373-3c1e-410c-931c-3b52c146bdc0/posts?page=1

To be fair I was never able to see any customization in Halo outside of the katana. This Halo is too fast to be able to have your brain register or even care about what the other Spartans are wearing. At least for me anyways. I enjoy the new outline system overall though.p

I disagree and I enjoy the variety offered by the new system.
Compared to Halo 5 the spartans actually look different now.
As for 343 not having a dedicated topic for this, its probably because they don’t really care about feedback.
There should also be threads for balancing, level design, etc.

Edit: Have you coinsidered the possibility that you might have some degree of color-blindness? Enemies are visible on my end. Try changing the colors to purple and orange? Just a thought.

EDIT: I am not allowed to post more than 5 times a day so I will reply to you in an edit of my original post. I apologize for the weird format but Waypoint forces this restriction on me. Here goes:

> 2533274901238052;8:
> > 2535438388661507;5:
> > (…)
>
> >Variety, give me the variety of the old classic team coloring
> >Couldn’t understand what I was looking at in Halo 4/5 in regards to armor customization so that point is moot to me
> >That’s why I made a topic
> >I’m not quite as interested in that but you can!
>
> >If I was colorblind, isn’t this for solving the colorblindness issue 343 claims?

When I say there should be dedicated threads for balancing and level design, I mean threads created and stickied by forum moderators with the intent of actually gathering feedback on those topics. User-created threads will most likely never be read by anyone at 343 tbh.

When you say classic team coloring I assume you mean Halo 3? Because earlier then that it was just Red and Blue. (Unless playing FFA).
Again, it is my opinion that the current system is a good solution that allows players to show an individual look they personally chose, while at the same time clearly showing what team they’re on. But ask me again when the season three battle-pass gives them an armor paint with built-in active camo. I’m likely to change my opinion then.

Yes, the feature of being able to change the color is supposed to help with color-blindness. Previous titles had something similar but not as free. Try changing to Purple or orange outlines the next time the flight opens. I hope it works out for you :slight_smile:

Having a red allie or a blue ennemy is really disturbing !

> 2535436152010337;6:
> Having a red allie or a blue ennemy is really disturbing !

Lost more than one fight because I hesitated a second on a blue only to have him start shooting me.
I also never understood customization in a First person game. I can’t see me, and admiring another character is not a great idea when they are shooting you!

> 2535438388661507;5:
> I disagree and I enjoy the variety offered by the new system.
> Compared to Halo 5 the spartans actually look different now.
> As for 343 not having a dedicated topic for this, its probably because they don’t really care about feedback.
> There should also be threads for balancing, level design, etc.
>
> Edit: Have you coinsidered the possibility that you might have some degree of color-blindness? Enemies are visible on my end. Try changing the colors to purple and orange? Just a thought.

>Variety, give me the variety of the old classic team coloring
>Couldn’t understand what I was looking at in Halo 4/5 in regards to armor customization so that point is moot to me
>That’s why I made a topic
>I’m not quite as interested in that but you can!

>If I was colorblind, isn’t this for solving the colorblindness issue 343 claims?