Is it Just Me That Despises Warzone?

Hey everyone
Just trying to see how many people share my opinion. I keep trying to like it, but every time I play Warzone its just an absolute -Yoink- storm and I spend more time waiting to respawn than I do playing. Isn’t it meant to be casual? I don’t know how many more times I’m willing to try it but I swear it gets worse every time I do. I go months without playing, then try a few games and its just not even remotely fun. Overpowered AI, awful spawning, relentless teams of 12 that core you in two minutes etc etc. I just can’t stand it and don’t think I’ve enjoyed even a single match.
I actually get rather a lot of enjoyment out of Warzone Assault, but no one ever seems to be in that playlist so I’ve pretty much given up trying to play that too.
Is it just me that plays Arena 99% of the time these days? I used to play an absolute tonne of WA but now that’s its deserted I never really stray from Arena.

If you’re tired playing solo in warzone, try to join a spartan company it might help and a great way to make friends.

Out of the many hundreds of thousands of Halo fans in the world, I sincerely doubt you’re the ONLY one in the whole world to dislike Warzone.
I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum myself, having like ten times the amount of Warzone games than Arena. As frustrated as I can get with it, I keep coming back and it’s almost all I play. Back in Halo 3 and later in Halo 4… Big Team was all I really enjoyed playing in Matchmaking, so Warzone was something I really had fun with - frustrating moments and all.

> 2533274871396650;2:
> If you’re tired playing solo in warzone, try to join a spartan company it might help and a great way to make friends.

Which is good advice :slight_smile:

It just feels incomplete. The maps are rather unoriginal, it’s just home base, two armories, and a center base with almost no variations. I think it’s a good place to start, but it’s just not done. I want these maps to be creative, diverse and unique.

> 2533274850869596;3:
> Out of the many hundreds of thousands of Halo fans in the world, I sincerely doubt you’re the ONLY one in the whole world to dislike Warzone.
> I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum myself, having like ten times the amount of Warzone games than Arena. As frustrated as I can get with it, I keep coming back and it’s almost all I play. Back in Halo 3 and later in Halo 4… Big Team was all I really enjoyed playing in Matchmaking, so Warzone was something I really had fun with - frustrating moments and all.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274871396650;2:
> > If you’re tired playing solo in warzone, try to join a spartan company it might help and a great way to make friends.
>
> Which is good advice :slight_smile:

I’m in a company for the Achilles armour, but I hate using headsets etc, so I suppose its up to me to change that if I want any chance of enjoying Warzone. I just don’t get it lol I love BTB myself, yes even in Halo 5. Although I love it considerably less now that they’ve “improved” the maps and they all have horrendous framerate problems.

Warzone was at it’s best about this time last year. You could move around the maps without getting sniped or chased down by a banshee, high powered reqs were pretty rare,and tanks and wraiths only came in late in the game if at all. It was like BTB with bosses. With each update adding crazier reqs, it has gotten comical. It’s fun, but actually trying to win is pointless. It’s a big version of fiesta slayer (or paper, rock, scissors).

> 2533274838073795;1:
> relentless teams of 12 that core you in two minutes etc etc.

That is my current main annoyance.

If you look at my first page of Warzone history as of now, you’ll see that I lost 7 games and 5 of those were from full parties. I’m 3 wins and 7 losses on that first page. That’s not really inviting to keep playing.

I hate how it’s so unbalanced but arena has no playlists I really like.

My favourite playlist is WZ assault but I can’t find games and I hate settling for playlist I don’t want to play at the time. I’ve grown to hate warzone and btb and team arena (playlist I play but I’m sick of settle for them when I want to play some thing else)

I would quit halo 5 for a bit if my dam Xbone would read my 360 halo discs.

> 2533274962122285;8:
> I would quit halo 5 for a bit if my dam Xbone would read my 360 halo discs.

Have you tried to see if any of them are backwards compatible? I redownloaded Reach awhile ago because it was available. Unless you meant your disks are actually messed up.

> 2727626560040591;9:
> > 2533274962122285;8:
> > I would quit halo 5 for a bit if my dam Xbone would read my 360 halo discs.
>
> Have you tried to see if any of them are backwards compatible? I redownloaded Reach awhile ago because it was available. Unless you meant your disks are actually messed up.

My Reach disc has no scratches it just won’t read it. I’m not sure if it a problem with the printed label on the disc cause it’s slightly raised and it catches on the slot and gets a bit stuck.

Well you are not the only one who dislikes WZ. But I think we all know that. Anyways I love Warzone, I think it is a step in the right direction with Halo multiplayer. But of course it does have it’s flaws, but none of which stop me from liking nor playing it.

Warzone is dumbed down trash best described as Halo 4 Dominion on steroids. It is for the easily entertained and distracted, and is a mindless fest of stupidly powerful weapons, boss kill stealing and god-awful map design.

no, you are not alone.

Yeah, it’s pretty dumb…

> 2533274838073795;1:
> I spend more time waiting to respawn than I do playing.

> 2533274838073795;1:
> Isn’t it meant to be casual?

> 2533274838073795;1:
> Overpowered AI, awful spawning, relentless teams of 12 that core you in two minutes etc etc. I just can’t stand it and don’t think I’ve enjoyed even a single match.

Warzone was so much better when it was new and fresh. 343 has added a ton of new REQs in the monthly updates, quite a few of them being pointless filler like the COG scope weapons, and the REQ screens keep getting slower and slower. Sometimes it doesn’t even load at all.

It was intended to be casual since the competitive crowd got arena, but that’s not the case anymore. People starting farming Warzone for Achilles and most of them who already have it still pubstomp in Warzone just for the hell of it. Solo players like me were driven out of it because we don’t want to deal with their bull–Yoink-, and now the population is shrinking down to just coordinated teams. I think that eventually having a team will be a requirement just to stand a chance in Warzone. The fact that people advocate going in with a team instead of something like a solo-queue playlist makes it even more likely that it’s going to end up like that.

Even without these problems, if you’re lucky enough to get into a match of all solo players, the bosses are still a pain in the -Yoink-. 343 just boosts their damage and shields sky high to the point where some bosses are nigh invincible. There’s a reason why Grunt Mechs are still alive at the end of matches more often than not.

You’re definitely not the only one. I’ve pretty much stopped playing it. Tired of being destroyed by folks who have better reqs than me or bullet sponge bosses. I’ll stick to arena since it’s balanced. I would probably be more fun if those crazy rare weapons didn’t go away after one use. Maybe giving them a cooldown would be more balanced? Like you can only use Nornfang once every few days but you don’t lose it after you use it. That way people who just spend a bunch of money on req packs don’t beat my face in. Of course I’m no game designer so that’s probably not a good idea. I don’t know.

I share your pain. I always end up on the team that can’t kill a boss. My latest two battles, however, were beautiful victories. The gamemode has a chance to redeem itself IMO.

> 2535468812026872;6:
> Warzone was at it’s best about this time last year. You could move around the maps without getting sniped or chased down by a banshee, high powered reqs were pretty rare,and tanks and wraiths only came in late in the game if at all. It was like BTB with bosses. With each update adding crazier reqs, it has gotten comical. It’s fun, but actually trying to win is pointless. It’s a big version of fiesta slayer (or paper, rock, scissors).

I actually kinda wish they’d give a Fiesta Warzone a shot, just to see what it’d be like. Everyone starts with random weapons and all that jazz. Maybe even fully shuffle the bosses, if that’d be possible (However, that’d open the possibility of a team getting shafted by a Goblin or Warden spawning right outside their base in the opening…)

> 2535449076192416;16:
> I share your pain. I always end up on the team that can’t kill a boss. My latest two battles, however, were beautiful victories. The gamemode has a chance to redeem itself IMO.

Aaah the game before last was beautiful for me. Single handedly I stole three early game bosses from the enemy team, killed a guy that had an Endgame then snuck up and landed the killing blow on the Legendary Goblin when THEY did all the work AND shot down their Phaeton that was sitting there for a full three minutes shooting at it, and we landed the Mythic boss as well.
We still lost though despite all that xD

They were just doing far better in terms of kill counts, one guy spawning in like three legendary vehicles. Aside from sniping the Goblin from them, my favorite part of the fight was weaving between two wraith ultras and a corp mantis while under Active Camo II then hijacking the hannibal.Was very satisfying, but short lived since he pulled a Helios less than a minute later v_v

i dont hate the concept, hate the troll players and overall APEX, I f…hate apex

I don’t despise it… but… it’s probably one of my least favorite game modes in Halo 5 (despite what my game history might tell you). When I started H5, it was my favorite, then I went through a period of several months where I absolutely hated the game mode. Recently, I’ve been playing it more often, and I’m enjoying it a little more, but I think I might try to play Warzone Assault and Arena more often.

Warzone is full of try hards who spawn trap and drop reps for days. Nobody goes after bosses just a bunch of kids farming kills trying to make their k/d better. It’s no longer fun anymore.